Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Bassong gone to spurs and Beye on hiw way to Villa or the mackems, could this be the exodus that precedes (and partly pays for) the takeover? :(

Should he succeed in pulling off the deal he is likely to be popular with supporters who crave a local owner to take the club forward.

We do?

Aye, I noticed that as well :(

Should he succeed in pulling off the deal he is likely to be popular with supporters who crave a local owner to take the club forward.

We do?

Jawdee nation 4eva!!111111one!!!

being rubbished on SSN as i type now

Whilst the BBC ticker states:

FOOTBALL: BBC Sport understands Tyneside businessman Barry Moat is front-runner to buy Newcastle Utd

My own personal feeling is that Mr. Moat has made a bid and Seymour Pierce, being sick to death of this whole sorry saga, have leaked it to the press in the hope it forces Ashley's hand. Unfortunately it looks as if MA is acting the twat again.

i think he struggles to pull himself off tbh

Edited by meshman

Fucking bored of this shit now. Any chance a threat of violence would get him to fuck off?

Not from you :(

And who are you? Bronson?

Don't make me come up there...

I wonder who the Americans are that'd be backing him and how much cash they'd have

If this isn't :( that's the real question.

We've seen how badly things can go with Assley's skinflinting (admittedly he's done a lot of other moronic stuff too - but if we still had Milner or had bought the 2 player Keegan wanted with the cash then we'd have got that 1 point and still be a Premiership side :nufc:), and he even now is still fairly we'll off.

Last thing we need is another load of owners that can't or won't invest what is needed. :unsure:

Fucking bored of this shit now. Any chance a threat of violence would get him to fuck off?

Not from you :(

And who are you? Bronson?

Don't make me come up there...

I might be soft Fish, but I'm not that soft.

Moat targets Newcastle takeover

Tyneside businessman Barry Moat has emerged as the leading contender to buy troubled Championship side Newcastle United, BBC Sport understands.

Moat, an executive box holder at St James' Park, has previously invested in the club's academy and also helped to organise Alan Shearer's testimonial.

However it is understood no deal is expected imminently.

The Magpies, relegated last season after 16 years in the top flight, are also still seeking a permanent manager.

Moat is reported to have been in London this week, holding talks with the representatives of current owner Mike Ashley.

Some newspaper reports claim Moat's team has already carried out due diligence on the club's books.

However, BBC sports news correspondent Gordon Farquhar explained the intricacies of a takeover would make a quick sale highly unlikely.

"There's been talk of an informal deadline of the end of this week set by Mike Ashley to get the sale sorted out by the start of the season, but that's not going to happen," he said.

"The official asking price is still £100m and anyone doing a deal for that amount is going to want to go through the paperwork thoroughly, that could take weeks."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/8187335.stm