Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so the Redheugh bloke is back on Newcastle Online claiming the deal is done and that the Americans are buying the club and will be in place for the Blackpool game.

Gee whizz!

Hasn't the guy been discredited as ITK? I have to say I'd be pleasantly surprised now if Ashley sells; you'd expect him to hang on in the hope of getting promoted. Unless he's got add-ons built into the sale agreement.

Not sure, they seem to "believe" on there. I agree tho that if the sale does go through there will be add ons.

That doesn't mean it's credible. I think people are more cynical on here, possibly because the posters are more experienced, and that position has been borne out by what's happened.

I know, I know......

Before you moan, you know what this is going to say so if you

dont

want

to

read, go now.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 ,4 ,3 ,2 ,1 ,0

Okay, so the Redheugh bloke is back on Newcastle Online claiming the deal is done and that the Americans are buying the club and will be in place for the Blackpool game.

I know parky..."there is no americans"!!!!!! :)

We can only live in hope, but I have my doubts about this latest scenario.

Head of New York Consortium

Hank_Scorpio.png

Hank Scorpio: Hey, look at my feet. You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; there's a pair for you. Don't like them? Then neither do I!

[throws them out the door]

Hank Scorpio: Get the hell outta here! Ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?

Homer: [chuckles] Yes, once.

Edited by Barney

This mornings post from Redheugh.....

Chronicle

Mid East denials

US progress - denials

The truth will come out

Suppose even if he does just work at the chronnie then at least we know whats getting printed today!

Derren's missed a trick there then. :)

CT you're a bit obsessed with this Redheugh lad.

Just relax, whatever happens will be revealed when the time is right.

I bet you rummaged through your parent's wardrobe on the 23rd and always knew what was under the Christmas Tree.

Edited by trophyshy

Whatever they say about this Redheugh, he is definately at the very least getting information 20 hours ahead of anyone else. To some degree thats definately In The Know.

Where does it say owt about a Middle East takeover denial there? :)

Geoff :)

A little what Sheffield Wednesday had to go through...."next week - nudge nudge" was what we were told

The protracted attempt to take control of Wednesday has become mired in controversy since it emerged that Mr Sheard's initial proof of funding was from an offshore bank in Dominica – the Private Capital Bank (PCB) – which is not operational. Although the letter stated 100m euros was available for investment, the bank has no money in it and no account holders.

It was then revealed that the letter – in the name of a Richard Francis – had actually been produced by Richard Frank Downes, sentenced to 33 months in a US prison in 2002 for conspiring to launder money through a different Dominican offshore bank.

The PCB has said Downes is not an official of the bank and does not represent the bank in any way. Mr Sheard has previously said he did not know about Downes' conviction and that he has no association with either him or the PCB.

He said the bank letter was only a means to get "a foot in the door" to begin negotiations with the club.

Earlier this year a High Street bank obtained a county court judgment against him for £107,000 but that was only the most recent of a long line of claims for debts against Mr Sheard.

Manchester County Court issued the judgment against Mr Sheard in March, two months after he first provided a letter of proof of funding to the club which was produced by convicted money launderer Richard Frank Downes. The action was brought by National Westminster Bank which provided the money for Mr Sheard's mortgage at his house in Caton, near Lancaster. The bank followed up the initial judgement by obtaining a charge on his house in June.

However, the debt trail goes back three years with a string of judgments at county courts across the country.

Car finance company Lombard Vehicle Management secured a charge on Mr Sheard's house at Birmingham County Court in December 2005.

The following February, debt collection agency CL Finance, based in Batley, secured a charge at Keighley County Court.

In August 2006, Volkswagen Financial Services obtained an order at Lancaster County Court and three months later law firm Chadwick Lawrence did the same at Huddersfield County Court.

In March last year HFC Bank secured a charging order at Lancaster County Court and in March this year TV installation company JB Aerial Services did likewise at the same court.

Don't' get your hopes up. Apart from that, good luck for the rest of the season. Decent team, great fans, deserve better.

These are worth a read

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/Funds-now-in-London-to.4425512.jp

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/String-of-debts-for-Sheffield.4531470.jp

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/Owls-takeover-deal-duo-revealed.4634635.jp

Edited by Geoff66