Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Ash/Moat are close. Moat invested in Ashleys regime through developing the youth academy. I'm sure that cost a few quid.

That's certainly a connection (which I wasn't aware of) although I don't see how anyone could hold that against the bloke at the same time.

I'd say Ash/Moat are close. Moat invested in Ashleys regime through developing the youth academy. I'm sure that cost a few quid.

That's certainly a connection (which I wasn't aware of) although I don't see how anyone could hold that against the bloke at the same time.

Could have been attempting to help a future investement. That said it does concern me a little just how close Moat is to Ashley, I mean I can't help get rid of the niggling doubt that Moat could just be a front with Ashley still lurking somewhere in the background. Either way I don't think Moat's done himself any favours with the fans by associating with Ashley so closely, the only thing convincing me that Moat's okay is Shearer's alleged endorsement of the bloke.

Could have been attempting to help a future investement. That said it does concern me a little just how close Moat is to Ashley, I mean I can't help get rid of the niggling doubt that Moat could just be a front with Ashley still lurking somewhere in the background. Either way I don't think Moat's done himself any favours with the fans by associating with Ashley so closely, the only thing convincing me that Moat's okay is Shearer's alleged endorsement of the bloke.

First of all, the academy stuff is old news and has been mentioned several times in this thread.

barry-moat-with-sharon-fletcher-and-derek-llambias-after-he-put-cash-into-the-academy-875625753.jpg

I still dont understand why anyone seriously thinks a long standing MULTI MILLIONAIRE newcastle fan would jeapordise his reputation by playing along with Ashley.

And personally I give Moat loads of credit for conducting this whole affair quietly and not touting himself up constantly as others have done.

The only thing I see holding the sale up is Ashley saying YES. Everything else seems to be in place.

Fair play to Moat for throwing money into the academy as a fan.

I wonder back when Ashley/Mort were talking about trying to get more local business men on board, was Moat what they were thinking of?

Just thinking like but if Moat has made a proper bid, Redheugh's definitely 'wide of the mark', no? He reckoned it was the US lot with this 7 day deadline thing. Yes, I am fucking bored.

Should be on a roll really :D

That is probably the greatest ever idea in the history of the Internet!

Imagine it, entire threads on a roll, each sheet is a post. You can now legitimately say "that post is shit"

Ahhhhh but do you stand up or sit down to wipe? :D

Just thinking like but if Moat has made a proper bid, Redheugh's definitely 'wide of the mark', no? He reckoned it was the US lot with this 7 day deadline thing. Yes, I am fucking bored.

Redheughs latest word today on N/O

I can't vouch for the veracity of the Moat bid. All I know is there is a meeting planned between BM and the GS party, and it will go ahead.

There has been no pressure on the US group to up their bid at all. That offer was accepted over a week ago and funds were lodged with lawyers. Due process looked at 7 days when i said last week.

I dont think any party is keen to talk to the press, who will write what they like anyway. I don't think Barry is as near as you all think, thereagain the two sides are dealing with a "maverick" owner.

Again, i await ridicule.

1. there is a meeting planned AND it will go ahead.

2. a bid has been lodged, due process; can I get a re-wind?

3. people are reluctant to talk to the press

4. you lot are not going to believe this staggering information, again.

good ol' Redheugh.

Edited by trophyshy
I refer you back to Jonny's post on page 1 NINE WEEKS ago...

Believe it when I see it tbh.

And I sir, refer you to my quote from page 1

Please let this be the endgame of this sorry saga. This definitely fits with all the hearsay on five live tonight.

This time next week.....Shearer. Carver. Lee..

Cmon

Please let this be the endgame of this sorry saga. This definitely fits with all the hearsay on five live tonight.

Cmon

Lets hope so!

Im still a bit sceptical whether this is it, but im hopeful.

Shearer with Dowie as number 2 i think and has Rob Lee got his badges? Maybe he could show our midfield how to pass the fuckin ball!

We have 2 weeks until our next game so plenty of time to get things sorted.

But...

Is anyone else worried that AS coming in might actually rock the ship though?

Cmon

Lets hope so!

Shearer with Dowie as number 2 i think and has Rob Lee got his badges? Maybe he could show our midfield how to pass the fuckin ball!

But...

absolutely

Cmon

Lets hope so!

But...

absolutely

Yeah I am like. While I've never once said Houghton should stay full time, he needs to take a lot of credit atm. Could we do better ? Of course? Could we do worse? a hell of a lot.

I think Shearer coming in and rocking the boat is definitely one of those 'we'll cross that bridge when we reach it' scenarios but for the sake of argument I'd like to see Hughton stay as a coach until the end of the season at least. In any case I think the main problem with Shearer might have been Joey Barton but I wouldn't be surprised if Barton had already played his last game for the club.