Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

THE North West-based businessman spearheading a transatlantic bid for Newcastle United has claimed their group finally expect an answer this week from Mike Ashley.

The Chronicle revealed Geoff Sheard was fronting the bid for American company the Star Foundation on August 25.

Since then, they insist they have remained in the running, although United managing director Derek Llambias has played down their chances.

Sheard now claims that the matter is in the hands of UK legal giants Halliwells, representing the Americans, and Ashley’s lawyers Travers Smith.

Sheard told the Chronicle today: “We will push it forward this week and it will be resolved. It’s all done as far as we are concerned.

“It’s all down to the solicitors now. There has been no contact with ourselves or Derek Llambias or Mike Ashley, just between legal teams.

“We are not aware of any other significant interest from elsewhere.”

From The Chronicle.

Sheard is full of shit like.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, forgetting the takeover for the minute, what does this tell us about Redheugh.

He predicted this yesterday morning.

Would have thought that was too early for thomson house print boy which either makes him Geoff Sheard, an employee of haliwells or ????

Why? It more or less confirms the theory for me.

He's incredibly unprofessional if it's either of the other two options (which are ridiculous anyway).

You can't be this fucking stupid surely.

Edited by alex

So, forgetting the takeover for the minute, what does this tell us about Redheugh.

He predicted this yesterday morning.

Would have thought that was too early for thomson house print boy which either makes him Geoff Sheard, an employee of haliwells or ????

No clue when he'll know what he's going to know but always knows it'll be in the next edition of the Ronny.

Not that I'd belittle that, I'd call it ITK...if the Chronicle had a fucking clue any more.

I thought today's announcement was coming from the yooessay, and not some shitty comment in the Ronnie ?? Or am I missing something.

My mrs told me she is having an affair with the coalman. I don't really mind, as it means I'm getting cheap curl. There, that's far more interesting than the sale/non sale of NUFC. Anyone else got some juicy stories ?

I don't think a print room / Internet itk would have sat on the story for 36 hours or that lee Ryder would tell a print room boyo what he would be writing today.

I also consider the pm threats redheugh sent out when he first appeared and people were dissing Geoff Sheard.

A true mystery that needs unravelling.

Come on Alex, you can do better. Pop your thinking cap on and put that big brain to work.

Can't believe you're being serious. At least, I'd like to think you're not.

Club won't be sold till we're back in the PL.

This is my view too. MA, by his own admission is a gambling man and given our more than decent start to the season; he must fancy our chances of getting back up. From there he'll look to sell quick, but get back more of what he lost. However, he wont spend a fucking bean in Jan and try to get back up on the cheap.

Unfortunately, we wont as we'll succumb to the inevitable Gallowgate Curse and we'll be playing the Tea Lady on the left wing (mind you, my ITK tells me that whilst she's not a quick as Jonas, she knows how to cross a ball).

On the chances my cynicism is misplaced and my lack of faith is shown up - we'll get promoted and Ashley will double the price of the club, whilst selling Jonas, Guthrie, Nolan and Saylor. No one will pay that kind of money given the level of investment required and we'll get relegated with the lowest points tally in history of the world.Ever.

The only way MA will sell the club this side of May 2010 is if the SFO step up their investigation and he needs the liquid assets to strike a deal to avoid jail.

There, I've said it and now the world knows. My optimism is counter-balanced by an over-active negative imagination which surfaces from time to time.

Or maybe it's just 'cos I've only had 3hrs sleep :icon_lol:

This is my view too. MA, by his own admission is a gambling man and given our more than decent start to the season; he must fancy our chances of getting back up. From there he'll look to sell quick, but get back more of what he lost. However, he wont spend a fucking bean in Jan and try to get back up on the cheap.

Unfortunately, we wont as we'll succumb to the inevitable Gallowgate Curse and we'll be playing the Tea Lady on the left wing (mind you, my ITK tells me that whilst she's not a quick as Jonas, she knows how to cross a ball).

On the chances my cynicism is misplaced and my lack of faith is shown up - we'll get promoted and Ashley will double the price of the club, whilst selling Jonas, Guthrie, Nolan and Saylor. No one will pay that kind of money given the level of investment required and we'll get relegated with the lowest points tally in history of the world.Ever.

The only way MA will sell the club this side of May 2010 is if the SFO step up their investigation and he needs the liquid assets to strike a deal to avoid jail.

There, I've said it and now the world knows. My optimism is counter-balanced by an over-active negative imagination which surfaces from time to time.

We wont need any new players in Jan, as Sherla and Barton will be back to 'bolster the squad'. Simpson will get another loan deal to stay til the end of the season. Sorted.

We wont need any new players in Jan, as Sherla and Barton will be back to 'bolster the squad'. Simpson will get another loan deal to stay til the end of the season. Sorted.

We will by Feb when they're all crocked again ;)

Will any serious bidder ( if there are any) actually pay much more for us just because we win promotion?

Surely they would know that without massive investment we would probably come straight back down.

Not if they have any sense, but that won't stop Cashley doubling the price. By then we will be a premiership club, with a premiership stadium, premiership facilities blah, blah, blah (Albeit on paper).

We're over-priced as it is.

I thought today's announcement was coming from the yooessay, and not some shitty comment in the Ronnie ?? Or am I missing something.

My mrs told me she is having an affair with the coalman. I don't really mind, as it means I'm getting cheap curl. There, that's far more interesting than the sale/non sale of NUFC. Anyone else got some juicy stories ?

I'm your coal man?

I don't think a print room / Internet itk would have sat on the story for 36 hours or that lee Ryder would tell a print room boyo what he would be writing today.

I also consider the pm threats redheugh sent out when he first appeared and people were dissing Geoff Sheard.

A true mystery that needs unravelling.

Come on Alex, you can do better. Pop your thinking cap on and put that big brain to work.

Can't believe you're being serious. At least, I'd like to think you're not.

Do your telling me that you seriously think it's the print room boy what done it?

It's never the most obvious suspect.

You must be shit at Cludo

:icon_lol:

I'm your coal man?

If you are, is it really that small ?? :icon_lol:

At least if this thread is kept open it keeps all the bollocks together. If you're bored with the (non) takeover or CT then you know what to avoid. Rather than more topics springing up everytime some of Redheugh's "ITK" info tickles CT's optimism.

The lack of sleep seems to have had a beneficial affect on your style.

At least if this thread is kept open it keeps all the bollocks together. If you're bored with the (non) takeover or CT then you know what to avoid. Rather than more topics springing up everytime some of Redheugh's "ITK" info tickles CT's optimism.

I'd prefer just to see CT banned :icon_lol: