Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

Ashley said: “I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year. If you can’t pay upfront to buy the club, you can’t afford it.”

Now then Mike, Mikey boy, mate.

How about proving that bold statement?

When we were young and naive under your stewardship you made the same statement, that the club would be run properly and you would pump £20m per year in towards the purchase of new players. To date we've yet to see it.

Now we are a Championship club, we have slashed the wage bill, cut normal staff by 120 or so, reduced costs left right and centre. Shirts (even the yellow ones) are flying out of the club stores and the gates week in week out are unheard of for this level of football.

Yet you still make out that you're pumping the same amount of cash in annually with nothing to show for it, no purchases, no players of any form coming through the doors.

I say thats poppycock old boy, its a downright lie in fact.

As for Moat, the fact he wants to pay £40m now and £40m at the end of the season not only proves he doesnt have the cash but for me means that hes looking to get the club itself to bankroll half of the purchase.

Gillette, Hicks and Glazer come to mind.

He put in £20m in his first season....but it was a loan that's still outstanding so fuck knows why he's going on like it was an altruistic act that makes him the staunchest Newcastle fan in the stadium. If he doesn't get it back, it's his fault.

Funny to hear him moan about buyers that can't afford it too...when he himself has proven to be a buyer who couldn't afford it. He's spent every minute since arriving complaining about costs and has wound us down to championship running costs just so he can afford to keep hold of us.

Fat fuck.

How true.

Not very funny though :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving Ashley to one side.

Its now time for all these pretenders to the throne to put up or shut up.

If the times quotes him as saying he'll accept 80 million cash, then that seems pretty clear and straightforward to me. All those who say "he doesnt want to sell", what do you make of it.

Surely Moat, Sheard etc should either pay up, publicly contradict Ashley statement or come clean that they have no money.

I have my doubts as to whether Ashley would simply accept £80m and fuck off. We've no idea what contingencies he'd have added into the deal.

The club isn't really up for sale it is all a lie. Moat is an Ashley stooge and just to complete your day we will not sign another player this season.

Heresy!

Where did you get such wild notions? :(

You will have to face facts sooner or later! We won't be sold soon and we aint going to sign anyone this season. If by some miricle we do go up then he might sell it then.

"I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year."

I keep thinking of this and it's winding me the fuck up.

Everything that remains good about this club relies on the fans. Not just the current extraordinary attendances and loyalty it shows. The £20m a season he still collects from ticket sales to real commited fans would have been drastically less if the stadium wasn't expanded a decade ago...an expansion that only got the go-ahead because of a five figure season ticket waiting list.

Anyone got a ticket in the box and I'll stab the fat conceited prick in the eye next home game.

Everything that remains good about this club relies on the fans. Not just the current extraordinary attendances and loyalty it shows. The £20m a season he still collects from ticket sales to real commited fans would have been drastically less if the stadium wasn't expanded a decade ago...an expansion that only got the go-ahead because of a five figure season ticket waiting list.

Anyone got a ticket in the box and I'll stab the fat conceited prick in the eye next home game.

The eye the moat of the soul.

Edited by Park Life

He never says a dickie bird for ages then when he does, this is sort of thing he comes out with :( Just reaffirms the utter contempt he has for the fans though, doesn't it?

He never says a dickie bird for ages then when he does, this is sort of thing he comes out with :( Just reaffirms the utter contempt he has for the fans though, doesn't it?

I always said that Hall/Shepherd just saw the fans as wallets to be emptied but Ashley's open contempt goes beyond even that.

Had a bit of a drink and let his mouth go.

It only serves to highlight the disingenuity of his earlier drafted statements like "I would like to say sorry to our magnificent supporters who have turned up in their thousands, home and away, up and down the country and who have given the team amazing ­backing throughout"

You can stuff your sorrys in a sack mister.

I'd love to see the finances of the club. £20M a year? Hmmmn.......I'm more than a bit sceptical when a proven liar who likes to big himself up comes out with the kind of patter 'Mike' did in that statement. He really isn't helping his cause mocking the fans is he?

Ever get the feeling the 'get out of our club' song is starting to get on his ample tits a bit?

It only serves to highlight the disingenuity of his earlier drafted statements...

Have I misused that word?

Disingenuousness?

:(

The latter's correct, I don't think the former's a proper word.

It only serves to highlight the disingenuity of his earlier drafted statements...

Disingenuousness?

You have embiggined me with your cromulent response. :lol:

Disingenuousness?

You have embiggined me with your cromulent response. :lol:

We knew what you meant anyway :lol:

Just read a few of the local rags rehashes of the times story.

Am I being too unreasonable feeling let down by the local hacks. Should they not be starting to give this man a bit of a rough ride. Are they so scared? Isn't this the job of decent hacks?

If the mcnallys of this world can call a spade a spade, why can't the ryders.

There is not even a hit of a frown in his piece today.

Very sad state of affairs.

He'll probably give a bit more opinion in his blog later on.

He might have been the last person to get the picture, but i think even Ryder sees Ashley for what he is now.

Once again Mike Ashley's numbers just don't add up

By Simon Bird

Well done Mike Ashley. You give an interview amounting to a few lines of quotes, and still you managed to offend Newcastle United fans!

Ashley spoke this weekend to the Sunday Times Business section, and the gist was that Barry Moat needs to cough up £80million by the end of the week to buy the club, or it’s off the market.

We’ve heard all that many times before during this tedious takeover saga.

But Ashley took time to rather bitterly point out: “I have to put £20m a year into the club - I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year.

Well, let’s look at that boast in detail.... because as with most statements from this discredited regime, it doesn’t stand up to a simple fact test.

Newcastle’s last published accounts (I assume Ashley has read them, although you never know, maybe not) says "matchday income" from ticket sales and corporate fans brought in £32million.

That’s right, £32million pumped in from fans who it appears are having their loyalty questioned by Ashley. And then there’s the £27 million of "commercial income", a sizeable chunk of which included shirt sales... purchased by fans out of their own pockets.

So Ashley is only a few tens of millions out in his figures.

With that sort of grasp for detail, no wonder Newcastle have been in such a mess since he took over.

Perhaps it is another one of those lies that the club tells as a "public relations exercise" and exposed by Kevin Keegan’s recent tribunal against Ashley.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/co...icle194037.html

Once again Mike Ashley's numbers just don't add up

By Simon Bird

Well done Mike Ashley. You give an interview amounting to a few lines of quotes, and still you managed to offend Newcastle United fans!

Ashley spoke this weekend to the Sunday Times Business section, and the gist was that Barry Moat needs to cough up £80million by the end of the week to buy the club, or it’s off the market.

We’ve heard all that many times before during this tedious takeover saga.

But Ashley took time to rather bitterly point out: “I have to put £20m a year into the club - I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year.

Well, let’s look at that boast in detail.... because as with most statements from this discredited regime, it doesn’t stand up to a simple fact test.

Newcastle’s last published accounts (I assume Ashley has read them, although you never know, maybe not) says "matchday income" from ticket sales and corporate fans brought in £32million.

That’s right, £32million pumped in from fans who it appears are having their loyalty questioned by Ashley. And then there’s the £27 million of "commercial income", a sizeable chunk of which included shirt sales... purchased by fans out of their own pockets.

So Ashley is only a few tens of millions out in his figures.

With that sort of grasp for detail, no wonder Newcastle have been in such a mess since he took over.

Perhaps it is another one of those lies that the club tells as a "public relations exercise" and exposed by Kevin Keegan’s recent tribunal against Ashley.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/co...icle194037.html

I think Happy Face IS Simon Bird :(

Now that is exactly the sort of reporting the local tossers should be doing :lol:

Yep, just added to my twitter...

#nufc latest colo and taylor out for #scunthorpe game

:lol:

Imagine if all this shit happened to one of the big 4? How would the national press respond?

I've just been sent a link to this article by a Liverpool fan. http://football365.com/john_nicholson/0,17...5638248,00.html

Seriously, their problems are fuck all in comparison to ours yet the article makes it out to be the greatest catastrophe to ever befall a football club.

Edited by ewerk

Imagine if all this shit happened to one of the big 4? How would the national press respond?

I've just been sent a link to this article by a Liverpool fan. http://football365.com/john_nicholson/0,17...5638248,00.html

Seriously, their problems are fuck all in comparison to ours yet the article makes it out to be the greatest catastrophe to ever befall a football club.

sneil

"After what Liverpool fans were saying when the Glazers first bought United (all the USA chants, all the mocking), and all their Munich chanting, I have no sympathy at all for them now. In fact, I look forward to their crushing debt sending them into administration, followed the loss of all their good players, and a David Ngog-led team experiencing a debilitating sequence of relegations and a ten-year stretch in League Two. Sod em." :(

Miss out on a top 4 place (I think they will finish in the top 4 though, unfortunately) plus an early CL exit and they'd be in serious bother.