Version of Blaydon Races played at SJP

hostile_statue

I think it's The Long Sands.

As most of you know we were asked, towards the end of 2007, to record a version

of the Geordie folk 'The Blaydon Races' for our beloved Newcastle United to

take the field to every home game. This is one of the biggest honours the band

has ever been given and we thank NUFC for their support. Anyway we have been inundated with your emails and MySpace's asking about a release. As far as we are aware a release will happen at some point this season, we are simply waiting to hold talks with the club about how and when it will happen. Keep checking the News area of the website for details. We should know a lot more in the next few weeks.

www.thelongsands.co.uk

has ever been given and we thank NUFC for their support. Anyway we have been inundated with your emails and MySpace's asking about a release. As far as we are aware a release will happen at some point this season, we are simply waiting to hold talks with the club about how and when it will happen. Keep checking the News area of the website for details. We should know a lot more in the next few weeks.

www.thelongsands.co.uk

Cheers dansken :lol:

www.thelongsands.co.uk

Cheers dansken :icon_lol:

Did you find it mate? if so can you give me the link

www.thelongsands.co.uk

Cheers dansken :icon_lol:

Did you find it mate? if so can you give me the link

Sorry, haven't found the song. I did, however, read this on their Facebook page:

"No surprise, then, when the football club approached the band late in the year with a request to perform and record a new version of traditional folk song ‘The Blaydon Races’, to be played as the Magpies take the field on match days; the band, lifelong fans, threw themselves into the task, adding a hard-edged Longsands feel to the hardy old perennial. The finished work, buffed to a shine in the studio, has prefaced every home game this year and inspired hundreds of ‘where can I get it?’ requests; relax, it’ll be the band’s third official release later this year."