Butt to Burnley ?

Jimbo

Please let this be true.

50k per week off the books and a man whoise legs have gone.

More than ample replacement in Guthrie.

If he is one of 3 we need to shift - great.

Source?

If its set in stone that another 3 have to be/will be shifted then i'd take it, as its much better somebody like Butt than certain other players, if only we could dump Geremi as one of the three as well!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Butt was shit as usual when he came on yesterday, and Geremi was on for 5 minutes but was walking around as if he'd just run a marathon or two, and then got muscled off the ball every time pathetically.

Butt is one i would shift although we cant really afford to lose any

I'd take Smith, Guthrie, Nolan and Barton over him tbh

cover

Tbh I dont think we'll need him, I doubt more than 3 of them will ever be injured at one time, and we'll have a kid who can come in to accompany the other one. Or in an ideal world we'll get a good central midfielder in who isn't on a kings wages. Added to the fact that hes now absolutetly shit and simply gives the ball away, at least Smiths passing has been very good so far this season.

not a coyle type of player, hes favouring bringing in youth this season and burnley are already well stocked at centre mid in fact its probably their strongest area

not a coyle type of player, hes favouring bringing in youth this season and burnley are already well stocked at centre mid in fact its probably their strongest area

Perhaps he thinks he needs some experience in among the younger players? Central midfield is the one place we have cover so I wouldn't be too sad at letting him go if we had to. I dare say he'd be more useful in this division than Nolan though.

Perhaps he thinks he needs some experience in among the younger players? Central midfield is the one place we have cover so I wouldn't be too sad at letting him go if we had to. I dare say he'd be more useful in this division than Nolan though.

again they don't really need it, they have a good mix with alexander, elliot and blake all 30 and up and some young lads there too

Butt is one i would shift although we cant really afford to lose any

I'd take Smith, Guthrie, Nolan and Barton over him tbh

cover

Tbh I dont think we'll need him, I doubt more than 3 of them will ever be injured at one time, and we'll have a kid who can come in to accompany the other one. Or in an ideal world we'll get a good central midfielder in who isn't on a kings wages. Added to the fact that hes now absolutetly shit and simply gives the ball away, at least Smiths passing has been very good so far this season.

Well one of them probably needs to play on the right and this is NUFC so I'd be surprised if we didn't have two or three of that lot injured at one time. Also, is he on a fortune? He got a new contract recently and it won't have been as lucrative imo. Also he's hardly played in this division so I think it's a bit harsh to judge how he could do in it yet.

again they don't really need it, they have a good mix with alexander, elliot and blake all 30 and up and some young lads there too

agreed and with the likes of Eagles and Gudjonnson on the bench they are well off!!

went today the atmosphere was electric as was Wed night, a lot of teams wont like it there,

Unless Butt is offered a coaching role, I'd get rid, he's probably a huge earner and offers poor value for money given the fact he seems to struggle to give 90mins worth of football.

I actually think Nolan could be pretty handy in the Championship. Will chip in with more goals than Butt, and as long as Smith is still here I'd prefer him in the side over Butt, as he has more running in him and thus far seems to be going well. Both Smith and Butt are good at breaking up opposing teams attack.

At the same time I think if we have Butt it will be Guthrie who misses out the most. I think we should be playing Guthrie as much as possible, as I think he's a good talent who will only improve with a lengthy run in the side.