jab

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Money coming from our new owners?

And approved by our new manager? :lol:

could be worse..............we could be getting nobody and the team is a bit thin at moment.............and hes not the worst striker in the world

How much would Beckford be? £3m on Earnshaw's a little pricey, but he is proven at this level. He's got the pace that'll sit well beside Carroll and Ameobi, but I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off gambling on Ranger or a youngster from somewhere else?

How old is he now?

Edit:- this Scatter gun post was brought to you by the number"Tired" and the letter "baffled by this clubs indeterminable policy"

Edited by The Fish

How much would Beckford be? £3m on Earnshaw's a little pricey, but he is proven at this level. He's got the pace that'll sit well beside Carroll and Ameobi, but I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off gambling on Ranger or a youngster from somewhere else?

How old is he now?

Edit:- this Scatter gun post was brought to you by the number"Tired" and the letter "baffled by this clubs indeterminable policy"

hes 28........................

Not sure why people are turning their noses up at him, as has been pointed out on N-O

139 league goals in all 4 divisions in 241 starts and 85 as sub.

30 goals in 30 starts and 8 as sub in the FA & Carling Cup.

Also he only has a couple of years on Beckford but he is at least proven at Championship level.

Either way it doesn't matter as it was only said as a paper talk rumour...

As Ritchie said, its paper talk, i can't see us spending that much on one player. If it were true, then he's proven at this level as a goalscorer and has a bit of pace so i'd be happy enough with him as a signing, but i don't expect it to be happening.

Not the best signing to be honest :/ Rather we looked at defenders

We need options for both but we are crying out for something different up front to what we already have.

Guest Stevie

He's fuckin shite, one of these players who blasts the ball without looking where the goal is, he's a poor mans Guy Whittingham without the height or strength. Oh dear. Still the only man to score a hattrick in all 4 divisions and at international level.

He's fuckin shite, one of these players who blasts the ball without looking where the goal is, he's a poor mans Guy Whittingham without the height or strength. Oh dear. Still the only man to score a hattrick in all 4 divisions and at international level.

He's got an outstanding record at this level though.