24 years ago today

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

I went to my first toon game.

1985 Liverpool (h)

1-0 (0-0)

Division One

Reilly

The inconspicuous talents of beanpole George Reilly helped us to a famous victory over Europe's finest. Wearing his "Rambo" style headband, he managed to connect with a centre to force the ball over the line at the Gallowgate end for a notable victory.

Been done before but there's a lot of new posters since we last did anything like this. What was yours?

All I can remember was how shit Liverpool's support was little corner of the Leazes near the West Stand was, Reilly's header, which Grobelaar could've been paid to let in such was the glaring error, the noise of people banging their feet, on the wood floor at corners, and being scared of the noise when we scored.

1-0 win over LFC, :lol: I was there in the old family enclosure with my Dad, (West stand paddocks) it was a diving header by Mavis IIRC.

First ever game was a friendly at Windsor Park where I went with my Liverpool supporting relatives to watch Liverpool v Man Utd, (I think it was the Irish league centenary game?)

And then shortly after the Windsor park game I got my Dad to get his finger out and get me to SJP where I watched KK lead us to a 0-1 defeat to Shrewsbury! ('82 or '83?)

I'd been on at my Dad to take me for donkey's but a combination of him being skint and being worried about me getting squashed by the crowd plus any hoolies who might be there meant I had to wait for what seemed at the time like forever, I was 9 or 10.

1983 Charlton (h)

2-1 (0-1)

Division One

Keegan (2)

Don't remember that much about it to be honest as it was so long ago, just know we were 1-0 down at half time and came back to win in the second half and i loved it!

Guest Stevie
1983 Charlton (h)

2-1 (0-1)

Division One

Keegan (2)

Don't remember that much about it to be honest as it was so long ago, just know we were 1-0 down at half time and came back to win in the second half and i loved it!

It was on Match of the Day that game.

1983 Charlton (h)

2-1 (0-1)

Division One

Keegan (2)

It was on Match of the Day that game.

Yeah, i was just looking it up on the web, to check i'd remembered it right being behind at halftime and KK scoring etc. and they mentioned the cameras had turned up to see how we were getting on for that match.

1983 Charlton (h)

2-1 (0-1)

Division One

Keegan (2)

I was on a training placement in Birmingham at the time and got the train up for that and met 3 Birmingham fans who didn't have a game that day and decided to go to ours for a laugh - I got off the train at 11:30 already blind drunk and them took them on a tour of the city (read pubs).

Probably the drunkest I've ever been at a game and could never remember anything about it.

85 or 86 against West Brom when Charlton was in charge. Won 1-0 with a Pedro freekick. Don't remember anything about the day other than the goal and my dad telling me the names of the players before the game. Wasn't really interested in football much up to that point but I've had a season ticket in the same seat since the begining of the next season.

Aug 21, 1985 Luton (h)

2-2

Division One

Roeder, Beardsley

I was 6 and very excited. The fact that it was midweek with floodlights coming on during the game is something I remember. Stood in the old west paddock.

It was a while before I went to my next mid week games (I can only think the reason I was at that one was school holidays). In hindsight, I was probably a bit too young for a midweek game. I remember complaining of being tired as the game went on.

Guest Stevie
Stevie becoming a parody of himself tbh

So sad to see :icon_lol: He had his moments in the past.

What a wanker :icon_lol:

"Roaah-kuh Pwark 1997 Soonlun 3 Everton 0 blah blah..." cock.

03 May 2003

Birmingham City (h)

1-0 Viana

I remember sitting with my dad in the SW (nearest to the gallowgate) corner chanting 'United', then Viana's free-kick before HT. :nufc::icon_lol:

I admit it wasn't that long ago (well, 6 years), but it was the first chance i got to go, and haven't looked back since then. :icon_lol:

? I don't really see what your issue is, other than a personal grudge. Stevie's just talking about his memories of an old game, we all do it.

Looks like you're just being a bit of a cock to be honest.

Guest Stevie

? I don't really see what your issue is, other than a personal grudge. Stevie's just talking about his memories of an old game, we all do it.

The kid is a humourless, faceless, Sunderland sympathising bell end from South Tyneside, nothing more, nothing less, few would disagree, but I doubt few even notice him on here, he hardly posts stuff that leaves you hanging on every word.

So sad to see :nufc: He had his moments in the past.

A grudge on an internet messageboard? Well, that's made my day :icon_lol:

I remember when we went to Wolves and got beat 6-2 midweek. All I can remember was how shit Wolves' support was that night

See, I can do stories too :icon_lol:

Edited by Sima