This current squad is far too good NOT to go up.....

accadacca

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper

Simpson - S. Taylor - Colo - Enrique

R.Taylor - Nolan - Smith - Guttieerez

Ameobi - Carroll

Cover for back four with Geremi/R.Taylor

Cover for midfield with Butt/Barton/Geremi/Guthrie

Cover for attack with Xisco and Ranger

Thats a pretty strong team, and their definitely is cover for the odd injury.

If more players aren't sold, that team should do pretty well, and it would be surprising not to be in the top 3 at the end of the season.

so our cover in defence is two average midfielders? hmmmmm. i guess by the odd injury you mean no inuries. the first team looks good enough to hold its own in this division but that squad looks wafer thin to me

I like accadacca's attitude but putting Ryan Taylor in a starting 11 ahead of Joey Barton is unforgivable.

sorry mate :cry:

only 5 days to go and it looks like nee one is going to nab any more players.

what happened to Taylor to Everton, Colo to Espanyol, Enrique to Atletico, Gutierrez to Barcelona, Xisco to Santander, Smith to Blackburn, Nolan to Hull, Barton to Brum, Geremi to Besiktas, Carroll to WHU and Butt to Burnley eh ? I'll tell you - it was paper bollocks to try and cause more mayhem and upset. failed again :(

if Ashey sells now, he is an even bigger chump than everyone thinks he is already.

2 league crowds of 35k and 43k - 3 wins and a draw against supposed top CCC opposition, the wage bill down to £45m pa from £72m, and a workable overdraft. in a years time he'll get double what he's asking now and yet he'd rather risk his money on ludicrous spread bets instead of guaranteeing another £100m by sitting tight and guiding us back to the PREM.

As a neutral friend of mine observed; 'you have the best starting XI in the division. Once you get people injured and suspended though, you've got nothing.'

why does everyone assume we will be the only ones to get injuries ??

every team will get the odd injury - at present, its Carroll and Barton, and next week it could be them back with Butt and Colo injured. it will be the same for Boro, cardiff, Sheff Utd.

Haway man, lift the gloom and believe.

Most of the other teams in the division have strength in squad depth you spacca.

(8000th post :cry:)

DO THEY REALLY ???????????????

Name one side that does - go on, give us a laugh.

Also, I find the awful word ''spacca'' extremely offensive - do you know of anyone close to you who is physically handicapped ? You think its funny ??? Get a f**kin life you shitferbrains. :(

As a neutral friend of mine observed; 'you have the best starting XI in the division. Once you get people injured and suspended though, you've got nothing.'

every team will get the odd injury - at present, its Carroll and Barton, and next week it could be them back with Butt and Colo injured. it will be the same for Boro, cardiff, Sheff Utd.

Most of the other teams in the division have strength in squad depth you spacca.

Also, I find the awful word ''spacca'' extremely offensive - do you know of anyone close to you who is physically handicapped ? You think its funny ??? Get a f**kin life you shitferbrains. :(

derpwup.jpg

What a spacca.

Thing is, teams like Sheffield United may not have the same level of talent/skill but they do have experience of what it takes to do well in this division

Keep hearing this quoted, just sounds like another footballing cliche to me.

Surely the idea is to play your best, score more goals than the other team and try not to get yourself injured. Isn't that standard practice whichever league your in?

+ if all these teams do possess this 'hallowed experience' wouldn't we have seen them in the premier league by now, unless of course they just aren't good enough?

this is exactly the sort of thread that could come back to bite us on the arse

It's the exact sort of thread that tars us all with the same brush as being deluded and arrogant.

this is exactly the sort of thread that could come back to bite us on the arse

It's a prozac munching fact defying Ashley lying brain cell frying spacca tastic type of thread

• 3 weeks later...
Harper

Ameobi - Carroll

IF that squad can be kept intact, having looked at the other squads of supposed main rivals, there is not a problem. This is not being a happy clapper or being over confident.

There is no certainty that any player will be sold before 1/9 - it is all pure speculation, and if FMA is going to hold on to the club, it is in his interests financially to keep this squad together.

A Premier League side will command far more than a CCC one, and with a trimmed down squad and 35,000 plus gates, he must surely see it is in his financial interest to hold on, sell no one else and get promoted.

Surely even he can see that ????? :lol:

bump! :D

The loss tonight doesn't ruin your chances of promotion obviously, but it does look like you were being a teensey bit silly in saying this. Loosing to Blackpool shows that this league is something you have to play and battle for, not walk through judging on the strength of your squad. It is a good squad, and it could be promoted, but its going to be a long season and not the easy ride you were expecting.

Tonight= Reality check.

Thing is, teams like Sheffield United may not have the same level of talent/skill but they do have experience of what it takes to do well in this division

Keep hearing this quoted, just sounds like another footballing cliche to me.

Surely the idea is to play your best, score more goals than the other team and try not to get yourself injured. Isn't that standard practice whichever league your in?

+ if all these teams do possess this 'hallowed experience' wouldn't we have seen them in the premier league by now, unless of course they just aren't good enough?

Fuck the Bla@@es wankas. You will stroll them at bumhole lane and at yours. keep on going, you'll be fine for chuffs sake !

Harper

Ameobi - Carroll

IF that squad can be kept intact, having looked at the other squads of supposed main rivals, there is not a problem. This is not being a happy clapper or being over confident.

There is no certainty that any player will be sold before 1/9 - it is all pure speculation, and if FMA is going to hold on to the club, it is in his interests financially to keep this squad together.

A Premier League side will command far more than a CCC one, and with a trimmed down squad and 35,000 plus gates, he must surely see it is in his financial interest to hold on, sell no one else and get promoted.

Surely even he can see that ????? :lol:

bump! :D

The loss tonight doesn't ruin your chances of promotion obviously, but it does look like you were being a teensey bit silly in saying this. Loosing to Blackpool shows that this league is something you have to play and battle for, not walk through judging on the strength of your squad. It is a good squad, and it could be promoted, but its going to be a long season and not the easy ride you were expecting.

Tonight= Reality check.

I think you'll find there's only one or two people on here subscribing to this line of thinking. Everyone else takes a realistic line i.e. we won't piss the league and the squad's too thin.

reasonable conclusion

We go up IF we win every game at home and get 7 away wins - so far so good - won everything at home and two away wins but it IS very competitive - one loss last night and we're down in the playoff places again