Newcastle united 4-3 Huddersfield Town

Tom

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3 full time. good game lads?

My post wasn't aimed at you :cry: Just the way it happened haha.

No worries.

Need a couple more bodies. Rangers plan was for shola to come and get injured so he gets a game next week

The injuries picked up are a worry as we can't afford any at all these days!

There was always a gamble playing a young CB in his first full game and a young fullback alongside him, so its not the end of the world that we conceded, the fact we won means Kadar won't dwell on any mistake and will have just got a massive boost from making a full debut.

Enrique was a class above anyone else and i think Guthrie will be a big player for us this season. At this level Geremi can use the ball well, but he can barely move after the first 5 mins! But fair play to him on a nicely take goal.

I thought the young lads did well, and the team as whole played some good football in spells and Hughton's subs had a big impact on the game. Shola came on and was involved in Geremi's goal and then won and took the pen after that, before setting up Nolan's winner! And Jonas also made a good impact sub as he ran them ragged and we scored from the freekick he won with one of his many runs.

I'm also impressed at the fact we seem to have some fight and character this season. Not only were we 3-1 down, but straight after kick off in the 2nd half which tore up any plans Hughton had given them to start the half with and yet they fought back to win, and didn't go mad al out attck they kept playing their football calmly and got the goals.

Houghton is definitely working some magic. I certainly would be happy for him to carry on after helping to inspire that kind of performance. Definitely can't lose any more players though, especially in defence.

What a cracking game of football and keegan nowhere to be seen.

Really enjoyable night and £26 back from ladbrokes. Huddersfield fans were very good.

Credit has to go to some of the unusual suspects.

Geremi did well, simple attacking passing.

Guthrie more resembled Rob Lee in the center.

Even jonas made a big impact when he came on.

Enrique was his usual class self.

Krul mostly very good but a couple of costly clangers.

Ranger looked out of his depth.

Butt needs to retire.

Simpson had a good game.

Lua did well.

Even tho 3 conceded overall a good performance with lots of battling.

Butt's legs have just gone. Ranger just needed some support, when Shola came on he managed to get more into the game. I hope Jonas is ok, looked like his hamstring had gone.

Great night out, Huddersfield team and fans were class and louder by far than most teams last year.

Glad for the win but kind of knew it was coming.

Strange game, and fair play to Huddersfield for coming and having a go, I was especially impressed with the lad Rhodes. Few worrying signs for us though, Krul is obviously a great shot stopper but the rest of his game looks ropey to say the least. Simpson and Kadar has a nightmare but to be fair they've never played together before, Simpson is a full back, and I think the occasion got to the young lad. Ranger struggled with the physical side and fell over looking for the free kick he was never going to get far too often. Needs to get that out of his game quickly if he wants to play at this level.

Any doubts we had about not having adequate back up were certainly highlighted last night.

Strange game, and fair play to Huddersfield for coming and having a go, I was especially impressed with the lad Rhodes. Few worrying signs for us though, Krul is obviously a great shot stopper but the rest of his game looks ropey to say the least. Simpson and Kadar has a nightmare but to be fair they've never played together before, Simpson is a full back, and I think the occasion got to the young lad. Ranger struggled with the physical side and fell over looking for the free kick he was never going to get far too often. Needs to get that out of his game quickly if he wants to play at this level.

Any doubts we had about not having adequate back up were certainly highlighted last night.

Very unfair on krul IMO. He did drop a couple of clangers but he also pulled off one excellent save, came and caught crosses, marshalled the edge of his box to help out the defenders and his kicking was superb.

So much more an all round keeper than Harper.

Those two sentences don't marry. A good goalkeeper for me is one that doesn't drop clangers.

Great night out, Huddersfield team and fans were class and louder by far than most teams last year.

Glad for the win but kind of knew it was coming.

funny that, even at 3-1 down I was still not expecting to lose.

Very enjoyable game.

Krul had a bad night. 3 poor goals to concede, though it was never a penalty.

Simpson and Kadar looked like they had only just met, which is to be expected.

Enrique is class. Raylor isn't.

Butt is too old. Guthrie, Geremi and Nolan played well. LuaLua was hit and miss.

Ranger was never a threat. The Huddersfield centre half had him in his back pocket.

Ameobi put in another quality performance. The team played better once he came on.

Football is fun again this season. Even when we went 3-1 behind I thought that the whole crowd still had belief.

Like anyone he needs a run in the team to allow for a proper assessment. Harper looked excellent deputising for Given on occasions but he's not looked as good since becoming the proper number 1.

It's far too early to be saying Krul is better than Harper, he certainly didn't look it last night.

Neither of them are Dave Beasant tbf... :cry: