Broken foot for Sherla?

Tooj

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle134695.html

Newcastle rocked by new Shola Ameobi injury blow

Published 22:43 27/08/09 By Simon Bird

Newcastle have been hit by a new hammer blow with striker Shola Ameobi suffering a suspected broken foot - leaving a massive hole in their weakened squad.

And to add to the Geordies’ woes, Argentine winger Jonas Gutierrez has pulled a hamstring and could be out for a month, scuppering the chance of cashing in on him for £6million as the transfer window closes next week.

Chris Hughton has warned that Newcastle’s winning start to the season has so far “papered over the cracks“ and the latest two injuries prove the Geordies have big problems sustaining a viable squad.

Ten players have left this summer leaving United with a squad of only 14 players who have experience of more than 10 games for the club.

Ameobi netted his fifth goal of the season coming off the bench against Huddersfield in the Carling Cup on Wednesday, but Newcastle have paid a heavy price. If there is a break in the foot and ankle region he could be out for six weeks. Gutierrez also came on to inspire the 4-3 comeback win.

Managing Director Derek Llambias is now under pressure to sanction some incoming deals to strengthen Hughton’s hand.

But club sources say Hughton has been told to restock his Newcastle squad WITHOUT spending a penny over the weekend.

The caretaker boss will only be allowed to bring in free transfers or loan signings, with Spurs' Gareth Bale, currently out with a foot injury, and fellow wide-man Danny Rose on United’s radar.

Peter Lovenkrands, who is also a free agent, wants to join Newcastle, who are looking to strike deals to sell at least three more players.

The club is trying to push through deals to get rid of centre back Fabricio Coloccini who earns £70,000 a week with Steven Taylor also a major asset.

A club spokesman yesterday insisted that Kevin Nolan would not be allowed to leave on a loan deal despite United wanting his kind of wage bill off the books.

Newcastle entertain Leicester on Monday.

Back to this club being fucking cursed, we should have known it would happen. He hits the form of his life and becomes massively important to the team so an injury was inevitable, i'm sick of it happening all the time to us.

This isnt good news at all if its true :cry:

Was only a matter of time though really wasnt it....

Wonder who will be up front if both Caroll and Shola are out.

Xisco & Ranger?

Play Ashley out Keyboard Cat!

Perhaps this is the players way of avoiding a transfer? Like dodging the draft? Should we expect some miraculous recoveries come Wedsnesday?

Or they could just say NO, I'm still in my contract :cry:

Yes, yes they could. Oh the power of imagination.

Never thought I'd be disappointed by an injury to Shola!

:cry:

And I quote Bart Simpson:

And it's funny because it's true.

Same here like.

We need the old dog fighting fit for this season.

It's not exactly a surprise to anyone though is it, well, except Accaspacca perhaps. We knew injuries would shag things up and we knew they'd come, I'm still in the same mood I was prior to the start of the season with us being in trouble throughout - things aren't about to change any time soon.

I'm not any more angry with Ashley at the moment because we all know he's a cunt. There's not much more he can do to fuck us up so now, he's just that spoilt brat of a child who's not been brought up properly, it's pitiful if anything.

terrible news but absolutely predictable.

i reckon we need to sign at least another 6 players to give us the depth required to sustain a promotion push. they can be over the hill, kids or journeymen on next to nothing in wages. at this stage we need extra bodies in the squad desperately and we can't afford to be picky. howay ashley man sort it out.

CT, given the standard operating procdure shown by Ashley so far, do you think

a ) we'll go out and sign someone, anyone?

b ) he'll keep his money in his back pocket and expect us to muddle by with what we've got (minus the fellas he sells?)

It's not exactly a surprise to anyone though is it, well, except Accaspacca perhaps. We knew injuries would shag things up and we knew they'd come, I'm still in the same mood I was prior to the start of the season with us being in trouble throughout - things aren't about to change any time soon.

I'm not any more angry with Ashley at the moment because we all know he's a cunt. There's not much more he can do to fuck us up so now, he's just that spoilt brat of a child who's not been brought up properly, it's pitiful if anything.

For fucks sake. Unless we played behind closed doors overnight and lost, NOTHING has been shagged up yet!!!!

A man who worries before it is necessary worries more than necessary

Could result in a great partnership between two others, could force Ashleys hand to get an even better striker on loan.

Deluded Toon fan :cry:

Shola confident of beating his injury

Aug 28 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

SHOLA Ameobi is confident that he will recover from injury in time to continue the “best form of his life” on Monday night.

The striker notched his fifth goal of the season in the Carling Cup victory against Huddersfield, but sparked injury fears when he was withdrawn in the final minute of the game after landing awkwardly on his ankle.

Ameobi was sporting a plastic surgical boot after the game and sat out training yesterday, but believes he should be back for Leicester City’s visit on Bank Holiday Monday – news which will come as a relief to Chris Hughton after the relative struggles of his young guns against fired-up Huddersfield.