Time for a quiz thread

Craig

Q. Which captain lifted three different trophys in three successive seasons at Wembley?

62255[/snapback]

Was it Bobby Charlton? '66 World Cup '67 1st division premiership '68 European Cup.

Was he even captain?

Craig who is it?

62638[/snapback]

Nope, wasn't Charlton - right era though....

62684[/snapback]

Bremner?

62687[/snapback]

Nope

62692[/snapback]

Who was Liverpool captain then? Emlyn Hughes?

62704[/snapback]

Probably summit like Captain Mark Phillips on some fuckin' nag at the Wembley Arena, or something like that????

62718[/snapback]

No....

And it's football captains...

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham won the cup in the 60's (63/64 or something), so I'll guess Bobby Moore, i.e. Charity Shield the following season and the World Cup the season after. If it's not him I'm giving up, so there.

West Ham won the cup in the 60's (63/64 or something), so I'll guess Bobby Moore, i.e. Charity Shield the following season and the World Cup the season after. If it's not him I'm giving up, so there.

62737[/snapback]

It is Bobby Moore:

1964 FA Cup

1965 European Cup Winners Cup

1966 World Cup

Which two British brothers played internationally for different nations, despite being brothers?

62688[/snapback]

Yous blatantly haven't got a clue tbh.

62698[/snapback]

Correct ;)

62700[/snapback]

:angry:

I heard it the other morning and thought I'd stump you lot with it.

62720[/snapback]

Giz a little clue, is it cricket for Scotland and Football for England or something like that?

62735[/snapback]

Nah, both footballers. One played for England and one for Wales.

Which two British brothers played internationally for different nations, despite being brothers?

62688[/snapback]

62698[/snapback]

Correct ;)

62700[/snapback]

62720[/snapback]

Giz a little clue, is it cricket for Scotland and Football for England or something like that?

62735[/snapback]

62739[/snapback]

Didn't Ryan Giggs have a brother who played football? Ryan played schoolboy for England and full international for Wales, did his brother represent Wales at schoolboy level or something?

62688[/snapback]

62698[/snapback]

Correct ;)

62700[/snapback]

62720[/snapback]

62735[/snapback]

62739[/snapback]

Didn't Ryan Giggs have a brother who played football? Ryan played schoolboy for England and full international for Wales, did his brother represent Wales at schoolboy level or something?

62740[/snapback]

I think you're right, but I'm talking about full international caps. It's not Ryan and Rhodri.

62688[/snapback]

62698[/snapback]

Correct ;)

62700[/snapback]

62720[/snapback]

62735[/snapback]

62739[/snapback]

62740[/snapback]

I think you're right, but I'm talking about full international caps. It's not Ryan and Rhodri.

62742[/snapback]

Are they well known like?

• 1 month later...
Can anyone help with this one:

Name the only two footballers to have played in North-East, London, Mersey and Milan derbies?

79102[/snapback]

Sounds like a couple of questions merged into one although Pistone would have played in 3 out of 4 (Milan, NE and Mersey) I think.

Is that Ian Rush and Gazza?

79106[/snapback]

Rush played for Juve, Gazza played for Lazio. Also, don't think Rush played against the Mackems (or for a London club).

Shit, yeah, I thought Gazza was at Inter and I couldn't remember who Rush was playing over there for. I don't have the memory for individual matches, soopafan! :yes

Shit, yeah, I thought Gazza was at Inter and I couldn't remember who Rush was playing over there for.  I don't have the memory for individual matches, soopafan! :yes

79109[/snapback]

Actually, my memory is either getting worse, or the Toon's matches are getting less memorable.

Actually, my memory is either getting worse, or the Toon's matches are getting less memorable.

79110[/snapback]

Could well be the latter, I'm increasiingly finding myself losing time watching Newcastle recently, realising I can't remember the last five minutes. Little green men or Scottish cunt?

79110[/snapback]

Could well be the latter, I'm increasiingly finding myself losing time watching Newcastle recently, realising I can't remember the last five minutes. Little green men or Scottish cunt?

79111[/snapback]

The latter, in both cases :yes

Pistone was the first name that came to my mind too. Maybe its not a Newcastle player, have Sunderland ever had anyone with Milanese connections? I'll also have to ask the lad posing the question if he's including Boro in the term N.E derbies.

79118[/snapback]

Apparently for the purposes of this question Boro are included in the N.E derbies.

Pistone was the first name that came to my mind too. Maybe its not a Newcastle player, have Sunderland ever had anyone with Milanese connections? I'll also have to ask the lad posing the question if he's including Boro in the term N.E derbies.

79118[/snapback]

Apparently for the purposes of this question Boro are included in the N.E derbies.

79128[/snapback]

One of them, in that case, will be Christian Ziege.