Time for a quiz thread

Craig

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That lasted a while! :naughty:

Next one:

Q: Who has played for 4 different clubs who have won the European Cup but never won it himself?

54531[/snapback]

Dean Saunders. Fucking loser.

54534[/snapback]

:huh:

Him or me??

54535[/snapback]

Most difficult question yet, mate. :yes

54536[/snapback]

:D

54543[/snapback]

What was peculiar/different about the goals the night we won the Fairs Cup in 1969?

I can almost hear the scampering about as you all rush for your DVD's. :P

54569[/snapback]

from memory mate,only got the goals on video which is now in the garage as i've tried to catch up with the modern world and got a DVD,but anyway....

..the goals (posts) were striped,is that what you were getting at ?

Nottingham

London

Birmingham

Bristol

Stoke

Manchester

Liverpool

Sheffield

Q. Which team has a name that has nothing to do with the area they are from?

54572[/snapback]

if you mean they aren't named after their area. QPR,queen of the south,if we're including scotland,st johnstone and st mirren aswell,hibs theres too bloody many up there,or are you getting at grimsby,who play in cleethorpes,and before anyone points it out manchester united play in salford...what was the question again ????

Nottingham

London

Birmingham

Bristol

Stoke

Manchester

Liverpool

Sheffield

54572[/snapback]

if you mean they aren't named after their area. QPR,queen of the south,if we're including scotland,st johnstone and st mirren aswell,hibs theres too bloody many up there,or are you getting at grimsby,who play in cleethorpes,and before anyone points it out manchester united play in salford...what was the question again ????

54686[/snapback]

Hearts who were named after a dance hall

Next one:

Q: Who has played for 4 different clubs who have won the European Cup but never won it himself?

54531[/snapback]

Crespo ?

Seedorf ?

54613[/snapback]

Already answered. It's Dean Saunders.

54648[/snapback]

thought they were taking the piss...as always with fucikwit and his backroom of yes men

Shame he and the rest of them have learned fuck all over the years about transmitting whatever they must have learned.....

Q. What team did wor Jackie play for after retiring from Newcastle?

54651[/snapback]

Was in Linfield?

54674[/snapback]

Aye. At one stage Newcastle looked to resign him but under the FA laws at the time if you had retired and accepted your retirement payment, you weren't allowed to play professional football again in England. So he stayed at Linfield as player/manager until he finally got sick of the threats, the last one upon his family because he had hired (unbeknownst to him) a Catholic gardener.

Edited by sammynb

Next one:

54531[/snapback]

Crespo ?

Seedorf ?

54613[/snapback]

Already answered. It's Dean Saunders.

54648[/snapback]

thought they were taking the piss...as always with fucikwit and his backroom of yes men

Shame he and the rest of them have learned fuck all over the years about transmitting whatever they must have learned.....

54694[/snapback]

No piss-take, it was Saunders. Played for Liverpool, Villa, Forest & Benfica - all who've won the European Cup...

Nottingham

London

Birmingham

Bristol

Stoke

Manchester

Liverpool

Sheffield

54572[/snapback]

Port Vale?

I'm shit at these quizzes.

Having said that, I bough the Newcastle edition of "Pride" at the weekend, signed by Malcolm McDonald at Fenwicks. It's basically like Trivial Pursuit, but with literally thousands of questions about footy, a third of which are exclusively about Newcastle.

Haven't opened it yet, but when I do I could make this thread last for years.....

Nottingham

London

Birmingham

Bristol

Stoke

Manchester

Liverpool

Sheffield

54572[/snapback]

54686[/snapback]

Grimsby play in Cleethorpes in the same way that Scunthorpe play in Glanford. However, they were formed in Grimsby, and Cleethorpes did technically come under the Grimsby boundary once. (kind of) :naughty:

Q. Who was the first player to score a hat-trick in the English renamed top flight, the Premier League? For which club? And against who?

54713[/snapback]

Kevin Campbell.

Arsenal -v- Nottingham Forest???

Next one:

54531[/snapback]

Dean Saunders. Fucking loser.

54534[/snapback]

:huh:

Him or me??

54535[/snapback]

Most difficult question yet, mate. :yes

54536[/snapback]

:D

54543[/snapback]

What was peculiar/different about the goals the night we won the Fairs Cup in 1969?

I can almost hear the scampering about as you all rush for your DVD's. :P

54569[/snapback]

from memory mate,only got the goals on video which is now in the garage as i've tried to catch up with the modern world and got a DVD,but anyway....

..the goals (posts) were striped,is that what you were getting at ?

54683[/snapback]

That's it. You auld git.

Q. Who was the first player to score a hat-trick in the English renamed top flight, the Premier League? For which club? And against who?

54713[/snapback]

Cantona. Bastard.

54986[/snapback]

Spot on but he was a dirty red bastid when he did.

The first Premiership hat-trick was claimed by Eric Cantona in his days as a Leeds United striker. The mercurial Frenchman scored in minutes 26, 31 and 46 in a 5-0 hammering of Tottenham on August 25, 1992. Rod Wallace and Lee Chapman were also on target in the same match.