Time for a quiz thread

Craig

There were some great moments/players in that World Cup like - Milla, Higuita, Matthaus, Brehme, Baggio, Gazza, Schifo, Cameroon beating Argentina, etc.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some great moments/players in that World Cup like - Milla, Higuita, Matthaus, Brehme, Baggio, Gazza, Schifo, Cameroon beating Argentina, etc.

58856[/snapback]

Cameroon beating Argentina was class mind - but they weren't half animals. I remember them trying to take out Cannigga just before the goal and it took three of the Cameroon players to get him to the deck, the last one took him out at about waist height IIRC :rolleyes:

58856[/snapback]

Cameroon beating Argentina was class mind - but they weren't half animals. I remember them trying to take out Cannigga just before the goal and it took three of the Cameroon players to get him to the deck, the last one took him out at about waist height IIRC :rolleyes:

58860[/snapback]

Aye and wasn't that their second sending off of the match too? ;)

58856[/snapback]

58860[/snapback]

Aye and wasn't that their second sending off of the match too? ;)

58861[/snapback]

Yep, played with 9 men and still beat the reigning World Champions! Argentina were truly shite - cheating bastards as well!

Got to the final though. West Germany v Argentina, talk about Hobson's Choice as to who you want to win ;)

58872[/snapback]

Shit final - nowhere near as good as the one 4 years previous. Hell of a lot better than the one 4 years later though :rolleyes:

Got to the final though. West Germany v Argentina, talk about Hobson's Choice as to who you want to win ;)

58872[/snapback]

Shit final - nowhere near as good as the one 4 years previous. Hell of a lot better than the one 4 years later though :rolleyes:

58882[/snapback]

The only reason it was a hell of a lot better than the 94 Final is because we didn't have to endure extra time. My enduring memory of Brazil - Italy is the fact me Dad's telly was on its last legs and the half-way line looked as wide as the match ball.

58872[/snapback]

58882[/snapback]

shit final for me as not long after the final whistle I was headbutted and sent to hospital where I was unconcious/amnesiac for a week :blink:

58856[/snapback]

58860[/snapback]

:blink: Benjamin Massing. Absolutely hilarious, think he got sent-off again later in the tournament after he'd served the ban ;)

58856[/snapback]

58860[/snapback]

:) Benjamin Massing. Absolutely hilarious, think he got sent-off again later in the tournament after he'd served the ban ;)

59115[/snapback]

That wasn't a tackle - it was assault and battery! Cannigga must have said something about his mother! :blink:

Mind you, I think it was one of the rare occasions that an Argentine player didn't fake a dive in that tournament! :icon_lol:

See there was far more than just Lottmar Matthaus!

If you think about it, it was the first year of the FIFA world player so it was always going to reflect players performances at the world cup and what they did at their club was secondary, although undoubtedly Matthaus had a good year with AC Milan, 2nd in the seria a, semi-finals in the European cup.

If you have a look at the winners over the years, during a non-world cup final years it seems that players are awarded the gala on more than one competition.

Q. Who was the first Australian player to be a part of an English premier league championship team?

(Forget it is about an Australian it is actually an interesting question.)

A tougher one for you Omar.

Q. Who was the first Australian to play professionally in the top flight of English football and for which club?

59235[/snapback]

Craig Johnstone and for Liverpool? just a wild guess

Q. Who was the first Australian to play professionally in the top flight of English football and for which club?

59235[/snapback]

59251[/snapback]

Not even close plus Craig decided he was English and played for the England U21s.

59235[/snapback]

yes, that's a hard one. :blink: I'm thinking but I doubt I'd get it. :rolleyes:

Give us a clue then.....which decade? ;)

59235[/snapback]

yes, that's a hard one. :blink: I'm thinking but I doubt I'd get it. :rolleyes:

Give us a clue then.....which decade? ;)

59262[/snapback]

I won't tell you what decade but what I can tell you is he is the captain of their "all time team".

This is only a guess, is it that dirty cont Kevin Muscat?

:D

59269[/snapback]

Muscat! That prick doesn't play football does he?

Story you will enjoy about Muscat.

When he decided to return to Australia to play in the A-League he contacted the football federation and asked if playing here in the national league would affect his chances of making the national team to which they replied, of course not.

So he returns get picked for one of the friendly games and then as soon as the qualifiers come along he's told he's out of the team and they pick Tony Vidmar (for fuck sake Vidmar) ahead of him. Then the team qualifies and he knows he will be nowhere near germany unless he goes to Europe for his holidays. :icon_lol:

59235[/snapback]

59251[/snapback]

Not even close plus Craig decided he was English and played for the England U21s.

59254[/snapback]

His hair was definitely Australian.

59235[/snapback]

59251[/snapback]

59254[/snapback]

59334[/snapback]

Got to love the mullet!

And the more of the fuckwits that wear them that we can export out of Australia will make the world a better place, my world anyway.

Come on anyone know the answer.

Another hint he played in the 1950s.

59235[/snapback]

59251[/snapback]

59254[/snapback]

59334[/snapback]

Got to love the mullet!

And the more of the fuckwits that wear them that we can export out of Australia will make the world a better place, my world anyway.

Come on anyone know the answer.

Another hint he played in the 1950s.

59818[/snapback]

bloody hell lyke! I'll leave it to the oldies on here. :D