SKY

Guest Stevie

Another fuckin Monday night game on SKY away, what a liberty.

SkySports confirm that United's upcoming away fixture against Preston North End has now been moved for live TV transmission.

The Magpies will now visit Deepdale for a 7.45pm KO on Monday November 23rd.

Joke thats on top of Sheff Utd away on a Monday night in November. PNE were giving us 7000 tickets for it as well, do these idiots forget that we're a national outpost, and most teams are over 3 hours away??? Idiots. Saturday would've been better.

I make it 5 of our next 7 aways are on SKY on top of the four we've been on up to now.

Cardiff

Ipswich

Forest

Sheff U

PNE

Jokers. Put some cunt else on!

i'm loving it personally. for an exiled geordie living in london it's ideal, especially as we've won just about every televised game that we've played in this year. long may it contiue - we used to be crap on the telly in the prem

Edited by Dr Gloom

Theres been a decrease in the number of Monday night games in the last 2 or 3 years but it looks like that will now change. I wouldn't have gone to Preston but I was looking forward to Sheff Utd but that sketch has been knackered.

SkySports confirm that United's upcoming away fixture against Preston North End has now been moved for live TV transmission.

Joke thats on top of Sheff Utd away on a Monday night in November. PNE were giving us 7000 tickets for it as well, do these idiots forget that we're a national outpost, and most teams are over 3 hours away??? Idiots. Saturday would've been better.

I make it 5 of our next 7 aways are on SKY on top of the four we've been on up to now.

Cardiff

Ipswich

Forest

Sheff U

PNE

Are you for real?

Your moaning because were actually ON tv???!!??

Cardiff

Ipswich

Forest

Sheff U

PNE

Are you for real?

I am. It's certainly fucked up at least 3 away trips I was planning on. PNE was going to be a weekend in Blackpool too and it's ruined :)

I'm quite happy we are on.

I went to one away game last season and one the season before so It's fair to say I'll miss a good bit of the 23 this year! (Sheffield United/Bristol/Barnsley are getting planned like)

I have always disliked listening on the radio as the commentators can only portray events so well before the entertainment factor gets in the way and they have to make dross sound like a good match or whatever. So I'm quite happy with the coverage - especially with the goals on the BBC website and ''The Football League'' on iPlayer for a week!

It wouldn't surprise me to see us get more televised games than a few premier league teams and as much as people said the attention was purely for other fans to laugh at us so far we haven't given them anything to laugh about.

I went to one away game last season and one the season before so It's fair to say I'll miss a good bit of the 23 this year! (Sheffield United/Bristol/Barnsley are getting planned like)

I have always disliked listening on the radio as the commentators can only portray events so well before the entertainment factor gets in the way and they have to make dross sound like a good match or whatever. So I'm quite happy with the coverage - especially with the goals on the BBC website and ''The Football League'' on iPlayer for a week!

It wouldn't surprise me to see us get more televised games than a few premier league teams and as much as people said the attention was purely for other fans to laugh at us so far we haven't given them anything to laugh about.

aint that the truth

I remember watching a world cup match on the bbc a bit back with the 5live commentary option thing and at one point "joe cole on the ball on the left wing, tries a couple of stepovers to take on the right back"

not only was joe cole not on the ball but there were no stepovers at any point and all whoever it was did was pass it inside

i've not trusted radio commentary since

aint that the truth

I remember watching a world cup match on the bbc a bit back with the 5live commentary option thing and at one point "joe cole on the ball on the left wing, tries a couple of stepovers to take on the right back"

not only was joe cole not on the ball but there were no stepovers at any point and all whoever it was did was pass it inside

i've not trusted radio commentary since

lol!

It's also good for lads in the army.

My mates stationed in Germany and he can watch us there when we are on and they can also get us to some extent in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Makes me laugh that we're on so many times and shite teams like Bolton aren't on at all until January :)

I don't mind TV coverage, as long as they don't mess around with the kick off times too much. Cardiff at 3pm on a Saturday would be fine, but 2pm on Sunday beats noon on a Saturday (still a trek though, I'm staying over the night before).

I personally prefer home games that aren't televised: The crowd was bigger for Sheff Wed, mostly because it wasn't on TV.

Cardiff

Ipswich

Forest

Sheff U

PNE

Are you for real?

I am. It's certainly fucked up at least 3 away trips I was planning on. PNE was going to be a weekend in Blackpool too and it's ruined :)

You should be grateful for them doing you a favour...

Cardiff

Ipswich

Forest

Sheff U

PNE

Are you for real?

Aye the amount of smelly jock tramps you'd have to endure, equipped with B/O, Celtic/Rangers tops and stories about how their neighbour used to know Ally McCoist's uncle.

Cardiff

Ipswich

Forest

Sheff U

PNE

Are you for real?

Aye the amount of smelly jock tramps you'd have to endure, equipped with B/O, Celtic/Rangers tops and stories about how their neighbour used to know Ally McCoist's uncle.

That's at least three boxes ticked right there.

I can understand it when people get upset when dates are changed for TV (particularly if you've planned ahead), but as an OOT I love it when we're on.

Admittedly, PNE would have been a day trip for me (and still might be) but if I can't/don't get a ticket then it's a great excuse to go to the pub :)

Makes me laugh that we're on so many times and shite teams like Bolton aren't on at all until January :P

Apart from when we play Blackburn Rovers on November 22. Or do you work to a different calendar than the rest of us? Just wondering like.

Apologies for allowing facts to get between you and your prejudice. :baby: