Darkness By Thier Own Album

Pilchard Chops

Their first album was lush. Proper 80's rock with tongue slightly in cheek. Since then they've become a total joke which is disappointing. Rather than catering to the rock fans who could put up with the odd joke, they've took the piss out of themselves in the quest for immediate popularity. If they want longevity, they've gone the wrong way about it.

Permission to Land had some brilliant rock songs (Black Shuck, Givin' Up, Stuck In a Rut) but the embarrasment of their christmas single ("Come on kids" :naughty: ) was a big let down.

I hope the new album sticks to rock with the odd joke rather than being a novelty record. Of course most people who liked them at the time have now decided they're not cool so it's doomed to failure no matter how good it is.

Edit: The fact that the bass player has gone suggests he wasn't happy with the direction and the band are going in the direction of the Telletubbies. Shame.

Edited by Happy Face

My mate bought the first one because he's from Norfolk too and he thought they were funny. He's reckons he's never been able to listen to more two songs in a row.

Weren't Bridget and Alreetlike into them btw? :naughty:

At the risk of sounding like an elitist muso, I remember hearing I Believe In A Thing Called Love being played on Radio 1 when I think they were still unsigned. I thought it was great and was going on about it all the time. By the time that album came out I was sick to the back bloody teeth of it and indeed them.

At the risk of sounding like an elitist muso, I remember hearing I Believe In A Thing Called Love being played on Radio 1 when I think they were still unsigned. I thought it was great and was going on about it all the time. By the time that album came out I was sick to the back bloody teeth of it and indeed them.

54732[/snapback]

Radio 1 play unsigned bands? :naughty: I suppose the Peelster was still going then.

Are they a real band?  I thought they were some sort of Spinal Tap type thing that I missed on the telly!

54748[/snapback]

I think they play/write their own stuff.

Are they a real band?  I thought they were some sort of Spinal Tap type thing that I missed on the telly!

54748[/snapback]

I think they play/write their own stuff.

54750[/snapback]

The list of indictments lengthens.

If I had to listen to either The Darkness or ANY of the top 10 selling acts of the 21st century (thread)I'd go for the Darkness.

54755[/snapback]

I would go for some of the early Eminem stuff personally, although he's shite now.

I would go for some of the early Eminem stuff personally, although he's shite now.

54756[/snapback]

Like the Darkness.

54759[/snapback]

Have they ever been good like? :naughty: