No idea what to put as a title - mind too fuzzy

JawD

Fuck me that was a hard week...

So here's the deal. Our lass is pregnant with our second, a boy due in Novemeber. She developed gestational diabetes as she did first time around which is diet managed and not insulin. Due to this she gets more scans and checks than the norm and last week during one of these scans we were told that the bairn had suspected hemi-vertebrae or scoliosis but not likely spina bifida. However, nothing could be certain until we went to the RVI for a closer examination (better equipment there). that meant waiting a week until today.

What a fucking week that was. We've agonised over this so much and made the fatal mistake of googling which turns up all sorts of horror stories and gets your mind thinking all sorts. Possibility of partial paralysis, endless operations, learning difficulty all spring to mind. I found this all very ironic given the charity stuff I've done this year for the sunshine fund who indeed provide for disabled children.

Anyway, went today and were told everything was fine. the spine is fine and everything is fine. I have never felt such a sense of relief. However, tell you what, it really does make you look at things differently.

Just be thankful eh.

Cheers all. Now enjoying a well deserved beer, and one for our lass as she cant :( Been a fucked up week like, but now I can concentrate on hating Ashley again :)

Aye Dopaz, Ill be going to Plymouth so see you then.