Leazes Ender or Gallowgate End

Guest Stevie

Are you are a Leazes Ender or Gallowgate Ender at heart  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed out on the old Leazes so can't say much about it. At heart I'm a Gallowgate (corner) lad, however, once the seats went in I moved around and thought it was all pretty shite, now I'm a L7 corner chanter, so am a Leazes convert, (Just don't ask me to sing any of those new songs that drone on that the ultras have composed, hint, if its good it'll take off, if it doesn't, it's shit, it should also be spontaneous, when the ultras sing the new ones, the L7 atmosphere suffers till its finished, stick to the tried and tested and try something catchy and easy to do if you want some new ones).

Also, while I'm at it, when did 'we love you newcastle' change to 'we love Newcastle'? :baby:

Yours pedantically,

Howmanheyman.

As a kid I was always scoreboard, over the years Ive sat almost everywhere, had an ST for two seasons in East stand 10 seats along from the away fans when they were NE corner which was about the only atmospheric part of East Stand tbh, nowadays though its Leazes NE corner, more than happy there, good enough atmosphere and still able to take the piss out of the away fans if need be.

What do they call the Gallowgate these days?

It used to be the 'Exhibition' at one point and also the 'Newcastle Brown Ale' but fuck knows what it is now.

Was it just my imagination or was there a suggestion around the time they named the leazes end after SJH that the East Stand would be named after Shepherd? :baby:

It used to be the 'Exhibition' at one point and also the 'Newcastle Brown Ale' but fuck knows what it is now.

Was it just my imagination or was there a suggestion around the time they named the leazes end after SJH that the East Stand would be named after Shepherd? :baby:

I think they called it the "Charles Shepherd" stand after his Dad.

Leazes for me, my dad had a season ticket with his mates there for years before the ground was extended so all the games I went to were in the Leazes before they all got shifted to L7. Got my first season ticket passed over from one of my dad's mates in 2001 in the Milburn L7 and stayed there until this season, when I made a return to the Leazes (albeit the L7 corner). :baby:

Only sat in the Gallowgate 2-3 times for cup games, it's canny but it just ain't home.

PS. I hate 'Ends' being referred to as 'Stands'.

Ive travelled far and wide

London to Mersey-side

But there is only one place I want to be

Thats in the Leazes End

Where Geordies never end

and all the Chelsea bastards dead at your feet

Laa laa lala

laa laa lala

there you go - OP answered and old song reviewed :baby:

Im an OLD bastard

Edited by Dogmatix

I missed out on the old Leazes so can't say much about it. At heart I'm a Gallowgate (corner) lad, however, once the seats went in I moved around and thought it was all pretty shite, now I'm a L7 corner chanter, so am a Leazes convert, (Just don't ask me to sing any of those new songs that drone on that the ultras have composed, hint, if its good it'll take off, if it doesn't, it's shit, it should also be spontaneous, when the ultras sing the new ones, the L7 atmosphere suffers till its finished, stick to the tried and tested and try something catchy and easy to do if you want some new ones).

Also, while I'm at it, when did 'we love you newcastle' change to 'we love Newcastle'? :baby:

Yours pedantically,

Howmanheyman.

Amen, brother. I have been wondering that same thing for a while now. 'We love Newcastle, we do' just sounds (sorry, M) GAY, GAY, GAY.

First games in the old Leazes, then when the roof came down moved to the Gallowgate. Moved to 'the paddock' in the new stand around the age of 17/18 which was just fuckin' mental at the time. Then moved to the Gallowgate, 90% of the time in 'the corner' the rest in 'the scoreboard'. Since the new ground I have migrated all over the place, but have now settled for a place right at the back of 'the corner' (anyone hearing a big-mouthed twat at the back, it's me - come and say hello :P ) where I can stand all game and shout and sing to my heart's content without anyone getting upset.

I don't want to come over all generational, but the club has never been the same since they took the roof off the Leazes.

I followed the time honoured tradition of graduating to the Leazes when I stopped going with my Dad and started going with my mates.

The noise that was generated under that roof is still the greatest thing I have ever heard. I am sitting hear lost in the memory to be honest.

Even under Keegan, even when we winning every week, the noise was nothing like that of the Leazes, and there were so many songs.

Some call us Newcastle United

Some call us "The cream of the land

Aye aye aye someone has nicked my sombrero

Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey

I feel sorry for the young uns - they know not what they missed

Edited by spongebob toonpants

I've always thought the Leazes end was the posh end, full of people from Morpeth and Hexham.

you should have been in the Leazes in the 70's.

Half time would come round and lads would wander round asking if you fancied a scrap !

There was always a dust up during the game between rival groups the 2 main ones were from Longbenton and Denton area, but it would kick off out of the blue. Plod would pile in and there was a rightt free for all - and this was EVERY home game, not just one offs !

Just the Gallowgate now according to:

0,,10278~6067923,00.png

The seating capacity figures don't stack up.

The capacity is 52300, yet the figures add up to 46000. :baby:

Ive travelled far and wide

London to Mersey-side

But there is only one place I want to be

Thats in the Leazes End

Where Geordies never end

and all the Chelsea bastards dead at your feet

Laa laa lala

laa laa lala

there you go - OP answered and old song reviewed :P

Im an OLD bastard

an old slow one I refer you to my previous post. :baby:

I don't want to come over all generational, but the club has never been the same since they took the roof off the Leazes.

I followed the time honoured tradition of graduating to the Leazes when I stopped going with my Dad and started going with my mates.

The noise that was generated under that roof is still the greatest thing I have ever heard. I am sitting hear lost in the memory to be honest.

Even under Keegan, even when we winning every week, the noise was nothing like that of the Leazes, and there were so many songs.

Some call us Newcastle United

Some call us "The cream of the land

Aye aye aye someone has nicked my sombrero

Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey

I feel sorry for the young uns - they know not what they missed

All sung every week in the Leazes L7 corner!

I can't believe how many people sit in Level 7 who use this forum, disproportionately high amount. Two lasses as well, there are hardly any down at the bar at half time, apart from them three old ridiculously boilers mutton dressed up as lamb, with stinking cheap perfume on. I always imagined one was Radgina.

I tell you the new youngun song I hate, "we are the geordies of NUFC" OH DEAR.

I can't believe how many people sit in Level 7 who use this forum, disproportionately high amount. Two lasses as well, there are hardly any down at the bar at half time, apart from them three old ridiculously boilers mutton dressed up as lamb, with stinking cheap perfume on. I always imagined one was Radgina.

:baby: Well that's not me (or Radgi!)

I never bother with the bar at half time like, can't be arsed.

Just the Gallowgate now according to:

0,,10278~6067923,00.png

The seating capacity figures don't stack up.

The capacity is 52300, yet the figures add up to 46000. :baby:

The corporate boxes/area haven't got a capacity number / are missing aswell.