Ipswich Town 0-4 Newcastle United

The Fish

Well I count 4 confirmed attendees and a couple of waifs and strays. Jimbo could you sort a table for 6 at a decent Faalvendor? for 20:00 ish?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I count 4 confirmed attendees and a couple of waifs and strays. Jimbo could you sort a table for 6 at a decent Faalvendor? for 20:00 ish?

leave it with me...

dont need to book Mcd's

:munch:

Anyone planning to go to the game by train should note that National Express East Anglia drivers are on strike on the Saturday. Don't know if it affects anyone going via Peterborough but the Liverpool Street route wil be a hourly and crammed if you're extremely lucky.

It's the last day of a 6 day strike (I just remembered as I've just checked with my boss that I can work from home all week) so it may be resolved in time but its still a potentially huge pisser.

Unique scarf will commemorate Sir Bobby

Last updated: 16/09/2009 15:00:00

heathm20090916151729.jpg

IPSWICH Town's special link with Newcastle United is set to be celebrated today with the release of a unique item of memorabilia.

They may be preparing to do battle on the football field but the two clubs have put sporting rivalries aside to jointly release a scarf in honour of Sir Bobby Robson.

The blue and black design features the crests of both clubs with all proceeds from sales going to the former Town and Magpies manager's cancer charity, The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

The scarf, which will be priced at £6, went on sale in club shops today.

The memorial scarf

Ipswich Town communications director Terry Baxter said he hoped fans from both clubs would wear the scarf with pride.

“We are delighted to be able to help support Sir Bobby's charity in this way,” he said.

“Along with Newcastle United we have developed the match specific blue and white/ black and white scarf.

“All profits from the sale of this unique item will go directly to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and I am sure that our supporters will wear the scarf with pride in his memory.”

Footage of Sir Bobby's memorial service, which is taking place at Durham Cathedral on Monday, is to be screened live on the Cornhill.

As revealed in yesterday's Evening Star, the borough council is appealing to traders and businesses to deck their windows out in Town's colours on the day to ensure the former England boss is given a fitting send off.

Town entertain Newcastle on September 26. Prior to the match the North Stand will be renamed in Sir Bobby's honour.

Borough council leader Liz Harsant said: “Sir Bobby was not only a national hero, he was an Ipswich hero and will always be a legend here.”

Unique scarf will commemorate Sir Bobby

Last updated: 16/09/2009 15:00:00

heathm20090916151729.jpg

IPSWICH Town's special link with Newcastle United is set to be celebrated today with the release of a unique item of memorabilia.

They may be preparing to do battle on the football field but the two clubs have put sporting rivalries aside to jointly release a scarf in honour of Sir Bobby Robson.

The blue and black design features the crests of both clubs with all proceeds from sales going to the former Town and Magpies manager's cancer charity, The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

The scarf, which will be priced at £6, went on sale in club shops today.

The memorial scarf

Ipswich Town communications director Terry Baxter said he hoped fans from both clubs would wear the scarf with pride.

“We are delighted to be able to help support Sir Bobby's charity in this way,” he said.

“Along with Newcastle United we have developed the match specific blue and white/ black and white scarf.

“All profits from the sale of this unique item will go directly to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and I am sure that our supporters will wear the scarf with pride in his memory.”

Footage of Sir Bobby's memorial service, which is taking place at Durham Cathedral on Monday, is to be screened live on the Cornhill.

As revealed in yesterday's Evening Star, the borough council is appealing to traders and businesses to deck their windows out in Town's colours on the day to ensure the former England boss is given a fitting send off.

Town entertain Newcastle on September 26. Prior to the match the North Stand will be renamed in Sir Bobby's honour.

Borough council leader Liz Harsant said: “Sir Bobby was not only a national hero, he was an Ipswich hero and will always be a legend here.”

I am def buying one.

Anyone planning to go to the game by train should note that National Express East Anglia drivers are on strike on the Saturday. Don't know if it affects anyone going via Peterborough but the Liverpool Street route wil be a hourly and crammed if you're extremely lucky.

It's the last day of a 6 day strike (I just remembered as I've just checked with my boss that I can work from home all week) so it may be resolved in time but its still a potentially huge pisser.

The strike has been called off today :D

midday start in that boozer opposite the main entrance to the station with the hanging baskets outside :lol:

Hope all in the ground on the 26th get themselves one of those scarves. What a sight that's going to be within Portman Road - a fitting tribute to the great man.

Jimbo has arranged everything, he's a real jem of a bloke... You should buy him things.

curry at 8pm

Let us know if you're up for it a.s.a.p

Right you horrible pustulent sacks of scroyal waste I need numbers and times if you're coming for a curry after the game.

Aa'd like te gan but aa'm not ower flush at the minute an' it's a lang way fer me.. D'ye think a whip-roond is in order te git enuff sheckels te git me theor an' back.

Not ower much te ask is it, ye knaa free plane tickets like, free owerneet lodgins in sumbody's hoose, free transportation to & frum airport, tut digs, tut park.

Not asking fer a few bob spending money like, aa kin handle that end wi me piggy-bank.

Aa'd really like to be there Mr. Fish. :huh: