Haway then, who thinks we'll lose on Sunday at the

accadacca

1-1

I reckon.

We'll take the lead and they'll reply late in the game.

Chopra to miss a sitter. Smith to reciprocate.

Whittigham and Saylor to get the goals.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we win this game, hell yes. That's my feeling when we approach any game and that's not some misguided belief or that I suffer from AccaSpacca Syndrome (hereby known as ASS).

We can certainly lose this game too. They are playing well at the minute and are one of the strongest teams in the league. We have lost some of our better players - those better players which helped us to get an away draw with WBA (one of the other strong teams in the league IMO). Without Guti and Shola, our attack is weakened, but Carroll will be back and wanting to score. He needs to get his name on the sheet whilst Shola is out so as not to get overshadowed. I think Guthrie will be important for us as will Nolan.

Saylor will keep tabs on Chops and Chop's strike partner is out for the game anyway, so their in-form partnership will be broken.

The insane optimist in me says 2:1 to us, but I'd settle for an away draw.

Of course, now that I've said that the score will not doubt be 3:0 to them and Chopra will get all 3 :munch:

I've a feeling we'll get beat on sunday, obviously hope I'm wrong but we need to start like a house on fire again, put some doubt in both their players and fans minds and we might nick it again, still have a feeling we'll get beat though.

(For what it's worth, ha'way/howay the lads should be spelled the way it's pronounced, surely? I've been brought up in Walker and lived in the East end for most of my life, (with a two year spell in Wallsend), I feel like doing a pope and kissing the ground every time I've crossed the Tyne bridge after even just eight hours being south of the River, so no Mackem-ish tendencies here, however, phonetically I say HA'WHERE the lads. So ha'way is closer than howay, does anyone actually pronounce the O? Does it really matter? I once had a cricket style, black & white NUFC hat which spelled 'Ha'way the lads' on it which fell off and was lost the night that the bastards beat us in the play offs, Does NUFC know how its spelled or supposed to be spelled because they obviously didn't know then. :munch:

I've a feeling we'll get beat on sunday, obviously hope I'm wrong but we need to start like a house on fire again, put some doubt in both their players and fans minds and we might nick it again, still have a feeling we'll get beat though.

(For what it's worth, ha'way/howay the lads should be spelled the way it's pronounced, surely? I've been brought up in Walker and lived in the East end for most of my life, (with a two year spell in Wallsend), I feel like doing a pope and kissing the ground every time I've crossed the Tyne bridge after even just eight hours being south of the River, so no Mackem-ish tendencies here, however, phonetically I say HA'WHERE the lads. So ha'way is closer than howay, does anyone actually pronounce the O? Does it really matter? I once had a cricket style, black & white NUFC hat which spelled 'Ha'way the lads' on it which fell off and was lost the night that the bastards beat us in the play offs, Does NUFC know how its spelled or supposed to be spelled because they obviously didn't know then. :munch:

Well I've lived on the west side of the toon all my life and phonetically it's always been "HOWEHHH" to us. It's the closer you get to Wearside from any point the more Sunderland the pronunciation becomes..

Well I've lived on the west side of the toon all my life and phonetically it's always been "HOWEHHH" to us. It's the closer you get to Wearside from any point the more Sunderland the pronunciation becomes..

:D

Haddaway an' shite, man!!!

I feel unclean, now. ;)

Just shows you. This forum is arguably the best on the internet in terms of NUFC forums, it's in no way the biggest there's a good few bigger, yet NOT ONE person, picked up on the title of this thread. NOT ONE. That's Newcastle United in 2009 for you.

The wrong way:

Stadium_of_light_Haway_the_lads.jpg

The right way:

Fuck it. I've tried putting a pic up of the Howay The Lads sign in the tunnel but it's not grafting.

You really should read the thread like Stevie.

I noticed it last night- just couldn't be arsed to give the Spaccalicious one the oxygen of attention.

Chriszy D could tho.

Whatever gets the cunt off the forum tbh.

Agreed Howman this "correct" spelling of Howay / Haway is a fairly recent thing. Phonetically I've always said "Haway" and my family background is brought up just to north of Newcastle with family in the West End so I'm not sure at all about elewhere in the thread saying its the mackem pronounciation. Its nothing like as clear cut as mak and tak for example.

And another thing. I'm much more of a lurker than a poster on this forum but I find the loathing of Acca from some a bit tedious and disturbing. Sometimes on this and other message boards there is a queue to ensure some opinions are repeated more often than Star Trek. People are allowed to go against the flow. I don't agree with Acca (I fear the thin shape of our squad is waiting to pounce on our dreams) but so what? He's optimistic - its allowed. Having your bottom lip stapled to your shoes and calling Ashley a cunt every three lines doesn't make you big or clever. Just the sort of posts I scroll straight through actually.

thing is PS, accadacca doesn't back up his blind optimism with anything other than sweeping statements, if someone was to come on here and state we'd lose every game, that we were going down and that all the other teams in the league were vastly superior, we'd shoot them down in flames too.

I like optimism, but blind optimism is just ignorance.

mighty Cardiff ? :munch:

2-1 victory. there's will be late consolation.

For the love of god, someone put this cunt out of his misery.

Can we sort you out whilst we're at it?

Cardiff are a very physically imposing team

Are they? :munch:

Yes.

na

More of a footballing side to be honest and I would probably hazard a guess they are one of the least physical* sides in the league.

*I use this in the championship sense, e.g brutish!

thing is PS, accadacca doesn't back up his blind optimism with anything other than sweeping statements, if someone was to come on here and state we'd lose every game, that we were going down and that all the other teams in the league were vastly superior, we'd shoot them down in flames too.

I like optimism, but blind optimism is just ignorance.

Fair comment Fish, I was just making a broadcast on behalf of the tolerant party......until someone upsets me of course!

But the point I was making was kind of an appeal to "talk your own rubbish" don't be scared to go against the flow.

He gives other fan users a bad impression on the rest of us, claiming our current squad is invincible over injuries and losing a game.

He never backs up his statements, as Fish stated.

He gives other fan users a bad impression on the rest of us, claiming our current squad is invincible over injuries and losing a game.

who gives a fuck what other fans think. Football is albout optimism and bravado. Think of when your at the match shouting at opposition fans... It's all balls and bravado.

And now your gonna believe us, we might win the league, if we don't get any injuries and the underground heating..

Blind optimism. I guess you one of those who enjoy the tag 'delusional'?

who gives a fuck what other fans think. Football is albout optimism and bravado. Think of when your at the match shouting at opposition fans... It's all balls and bravado.

And now your gonna believe us, we might win the league, if we don't get any injuries and the underground heating..

I do for one, I like actually talking about football without getting into adsurb games of one upmanship and bullshit

Lord Percy of the street sayeth......

It's nice to be nice. :munch:

I think Accadacca has been sniffing glue sometimes and forgets the manhole cover that has been shifted by Llambias and his master FMA, we have luckily avoided the hole so far, but we're going to fall in it sometime soon. But I suppose Accadacca is positive. My neighbour who is part of the crowd I go to the match with, insists we'll beat every team we play, he's been going since the early seventies, I have a laugh at that optimism but would sooner have a night on the piss with Gary Rowell than call him a 'spacca'* to be fair. (He's a 'tidy' fucker so I wouldn't dare as well as being a sound bloke).

*Can't stand the phrase.

I do for one, I like actually talking about football without getting into adsurb games of one upmanship and bullshit

your on the wrong board!!!!

Just cos some think we are a very good side in a shit league does not make it bullshit, no matter how many times you say it.

Is he? :munch:

Says who?

your on the wrong board!!!!

Just cos some think we are a very good side in a shit league does not make it bullshit, no matter how many times you say it.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php

More up you and the mackem's street.

Definitely 'howay' like.

Aa canna agree wiv ye bonny lad. It maybe spelt 'Howay' but ivvory time aa've hord it said it soonds like 'Haway' an aa've bin aroond a lot langer thin most.

The Geordie dialect has always leaned towards a hard 'A' when spoken so it makes sense that a Geordie would say Ha'way as opposed to Ho'way.

For instance:-

aad - old.

aaful - awful.

ahad - hold.

ahight - high.

amang - among.

and of course 'aa knaa ye knaa' .......so I believe it's Ha'way the Lads. :munch: