Haway then, who thinks we'll lose on Sunday at the

accadacca

Definitely 'howay' like.

Aa canna agree wiv ye bonny lad. It maybe spelt 'Howay' but ivvory time aa've hord it said it soonds like 'Haway' an aa've bin aroond a lot langer thin most.

The Geordie dialect has always leaned towards a hard 'A' when spoken so it makes sense that a Geordie would say Ha'way as opposed to Ho'way.

For instance:-

aad - old.

aaful - awful.

ahad - hold.

ahight - high.

amang - among.

and of course 'aa knaa ye knaa' .......so I believe it's Ha'way the Lads. :munch:

'a' and 'ee'. Geordie's favourite sounds. ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will will not lose this match, what do Cardiff have that can bloody scare us, yes it is optimism but who gives a shit. Nothing I have seen so far in this league makes me think we will struggle regarding other teams. The one thing that everyone mentions that will fuck us up bad, worse than Omar with a bullet going through the back of his motherfucking head is injuries thats it.

Also as a side note, Cardiff lost there last game away at the mighty Donny Rovers.

thing is PS, accadacca doesn't back up his blind optimism with anything other than sweeping statements, if someone was to come on here and state we'd lose every game, that we were going down and that all the other teams in the league were vastly superior, we'd shoot them down in flames too.

I like optimism, but blind optimism is just ignorance.

tbf accadacca usually always gives some reason for his optimism. And it always makes me laugh that quite a few calling for him to stop being allowed to start threads, ALWAYS comment on his threads and virtually never start any threads themselves.

All take, take, take! (you know who you are)

long live accalacca.

Thanks to you and others for your kind words !! :munch:

So I don't back up why I am optimistic - ffs :D

I have watched lots of CCC football on Sky over the last 2 seasons and the standard is mediocre at best. Few teams can knock the ball around as they don't have the talented players to do so, as the Prem more often than not snap them up along with any decent strikers and defenders. How many players in the CCC now deserve to be playing in the Prem ? Not many - if Joe Ledley is one of the best players in the CCC, then that shows how poor it is. He is ordinary and we will see that on Sunday.

Whatever happened last season, the fact is we should not have gone down. The off the field antics were ridiculous whilst injuries didnt help and neither did all the managerial changes. For me, Shearer should have kept us up but his tactics were awful, and his failure to inpire and motivate were extremely disappointing. That squad should never have been relegated, and whilst 10/11 have gone, a good nucleus is still there.

Try and tell me that Harper, Barton, Taylor, Nolan, Gutierrez, Enrique, Lovenkrands and Smith aren't a cut above CCC standard.

The likes of Simpson, Ryan Taylor, Carroll, Guthrie, Colo and Ameobi are good quality CCC players and therefore imo, there is a good mix to get us up.

Forget Geremi and Butt, they should have their contrracts paid up and peddled.

The pessimists on here go on about injuries and how that could cause a derailment. Yes, it COULD, but the loan system means if disaster occurs, Hughton can dip in. Yeah, we might not get Prem' quality players, but he'll have a choice of players who clubs are prepared to release, who are MORE than capable of playing in the CCC.

If anyone can argue with the above, I would be surprised and as for being delusional - what aload of bollocks.

I keep backing what I say in the bookies, and have next summer's holiday virtually paid for - after Cardiff it will be, but I expect Easter and Christmas holidays to be paid for by the season's end for the reasons stated above.

I know that if we hit a rocky patch and don't win in 3/4 games {can't see it happening mind} that the knives and vitriol will be out big time, but I am backing Hughton to take the club straight back up as champions. There are only 5 contenders for the top 2 imo - Boro, WBA, Sheff Utd and Cardiff and us. There are a few pretenders for the play offs - Ipswich, Preston, Forest, Bristol City and possibly QPR, but the rest are also rans and nobodies.

Relax and enjoy, and keep needless pessimism OFF this board.

Ans as for ''ho'way'', the only people I've heard pronouce it like that are wullies ;)

thing is PS, accadacca doesn't back up his blind optimism with anything other than sweeping statements, if someone was to come on here and state we'd lose every game, that we were going down and that all the other teams in the league were vastly superior, we'd shoot them down in flames too.

I like optimism, but blind optimism is just ignorance.

Fish is right. I'm generally an optimistic sort of bloke and that optimism has been bouyed by our frankly blinding start.

However, my gut feeling is that we're about to hit an element of realism now as some players may have been playing for a move. Acca's problem is his optimisim is indeed blind, or perhaps better put as unrealistic at best.

Having said all of that, I don't mind him really. He's at one end of the spectrum, and we need him to counter balance the misterable, gloom and doom feckers at the other end :munch:

He can get a little tedious though, as can those at the other end of the spectrum.

"Maggie".....

Always thought you were a girly ;)

*hovers his finger over the "Fucking Ban Him" button * :munch:

Yeah, I get that every now and again - there is a story to my screen name, which I generally have to trot out every time someone makes the above comment.

I think we're on about the 4th / 5th incarnation of this board now, after a couple of db crashes, domain problems etc. I originally posted as 'Magpie' as that's a screenname I always used. During one of the board crashes, some other poster registered as that name before I did and so I had to think of a new name.

I have a cat called Maggie, who likes to sit on my desk next to my PC when I'm working from home. As I was sat trying to think of a new screen name Maggie was sat on the desk in her usual spot. She got up and walked across the keyboard (something she rarely does 'cos she gets chucked off ther desk for doing so) typing a load of shit into the name field.

It gave me the idea for maggiespaws. Shite really and I've often considered changing it for one of my other screen names (cybermag); but maggiespaws is always a name/login that is available and to be honest, it's kind of stuck.

Most people (including myself) tend to shorten it to just 'paws'.

Oh and AccaDacca, you've just given another great example of why your optimism is blind and unrealistic. The idea that 'if' we get sufficient injuries we can just dip into loans to sort us out and still come up champions is fucking mental frankly. Pass over what you're smoking, I think you need a break.

"Maggie".....

Always thought you were a girly :D

Yeah, I get that every now and again - there is a story to my screen name, which I generally have to trot out every time someone makes the above comment.

I think we're on about the 4th / 5th incarnation of this board now, after a couple of db crashes, domain problems etc. I originally posted as 'Magpie' as that's a screenname I always used. During one of the board crashes, some other poster registered as that name before I did and so I had to think of a new name.

I have a cat called Maggie, who likes to sit on my desk next to my PC when I'm working from home. As I was sat trying to think of a new screen name Maggie was sat on the desk in her usual spot. She got up and walked across the keyboard (something she rarely does 'cos she gets chucked off ther desk for doing so) typing a load of shit into the name field.

It gave me the idea for maggiespaws. Shite really and I've often considered changing it for one of my other screen names (cybermag); but maggiespaws is always a name/login that is available and to be honest, it's kind of stuck.

Oh and AccaDacca, you've just given another great example of why your optimism is blind and unrealistic. The idea that 'if' we get sufficient injuries we can just dip into loans to sort us out and still come up champions is fucking mental frankly. Pass over what you're smoking, I think you need a break.

Nearly as stupid as looking round the room and seeing a Christmas Tree :icon_lol:

Aha. I assumed it was because you had a fairy on top of you at the time ;)

"Maggie".....

Always thought you were a girly :icon_lol:

Nearly as stupid as looking round the room and seeing a Christmas Tree :spit:

Aha. I assumed it was because you had a fairy on top of you at the time ;)

careful :D

Fairy nuff :icon_lol:

I have watched lots of CCC football on Sky over the last 2 seasons and the standard is mediocre at best. Few teams can knock the ball around as they don't have the talented players to do so, as the Prem more often than not snap them up along with any decent strikers and defenders. How many players in the CCC now deserve to be playing in the Prem ? Not many - if Joe Ledley is one of the best players in the CCC, then that shows how poor it is. He is ordinary and we will see that on Sunday.

Whatever happened last season, the fact is we should not have gone down. The off the field antics were ridiculous whilst injuries didnt help and neither did all the managerial changes. For me, Shearer should have kept us up but his tactics were awful, and his failure to inpire and motivate were extremely disappointing. That squad should never have been relegated, and whilst 10/11 have gone, a good nucleus is still there.

Try and tell me that Harper, Barton, Taylor, Nolan, Gutierrez, Enrique, Lovenkrands and Smith aren't a cut above CCC standard.

The likes of Simpson, Ryan Taylor, Carroll, Guthrie, Colo and Ameobi are good quality CCC players and therefore imo, there is a good mix to get us up.

Forget Geremi and Butt, they should have their contrracts paid up and peddled.

The pessimists on here go on about injuries and how that could cause a derailment. Yes, it COULD, but the loan system means if disaster occurs, Hughton can dip in. Yeah, we might not get Prem' quality players, but he'll have a choice of players who clubs are prepared to release, who are MORE than capable of playing in the CCC.

If anyone can argue with the above, I would be surprised and as for being delusional - what aload of bollocks.

I keep backing what I say in the bookies, and have next summer's holiday virtually paid for - after Cardiff it will be, but I expect Easter and Christmas holidays to be paid for by the season's end for the reasons stated above.

I know that if we hit a rocky patch and don't win in 3/4 games {can't see it happening mind} that the knives and vitriol will be out big time, but I am backing Hughton to take the club straight back up as champions. There are only 5 contenders for the top 2 imo - Boro, WBA, Sheff Utd and Cardiff and us. There are a few pretenders for the play offs - Ipswich, Preston, Forest, Bristol City and possibly QPR, but the rest are also rans and nobodies.

Relax and enjoy, and keep needless pessimism OFF this board.

Ans as for ''ho'way'', the only people I've heard pronouce it like that are wullies :munch:

Now that kind of argument I have no problem with and agree it, the problem comes when you argue that we'll piss the league without taking into account injuries or you assume (as Paws has already said) that we'll pull in a few quality players on loan to help us piss that league.

I would be over the moon with any kind of result to be honest.

Even a defeat?

;)

Craig II tbh.

Are you trying to be Fop then?

:munch:

My thoughts on this game are as follows. I've seen two of Cardiff's games this season, and they play the most fluent attractive football I've seen in this division for years and years. They have goals in them from both sides, and even the middle of the park, even their bench has quality, and I think they have a good chance of winning the division if they can have a bit of luck with injuries. Apologies if I'm making them sound like Brazil, but Chopra is class at this level, Ledley and McCormack are Premiership players in my view, and relatively speaking we will not play a harder game this year. I fancy us to lose 2-0, I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and would be thrilled to bits with a draw.

I would be over the moon with any kind of result to be honest.

Even a defeat?

:munch:

Craig II tbh.

Are you trying to be Fop then?

I honestly didn't think either of those posts needed a wink.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t...tle#msg_1497490

Cardiff fans trying to come up with suitable songs for sunday :(

I think I'll join their forum and think of songs to sing about Cardiff.

"Shirley Bassey!

Comes from Cardiff,

Comes from Cardiff!"

Or perhaps........

Erm........

.........Actually, I think I'll give it a miss. :)

"The North east is a shithole, North East is a shiiiiiiiiiiiithole, the north east is a shithole!"

Coming from someone from Wales?????? If Wales was it's own entity conditions would be far worse than Moldova, Tajikstan or indeed Albania. Wales :) shite infrastructure, shit towns, shit people, by a million miles the most backward place in Western Europe. You have to laugh at the cunts. I'm not biased, and I can say with sincerity the North East is the most beautiful unspoilt rugged landscape in England, and the toon is arguably the nicest provincial city. Fuckin Welsh cunts.

to the tune of Viva Ronaldo

Viva Welsh cunts, Viva Welsh cunts, you're all inbred twats, who look like Postman Pat, viva Welsh cunts