Derren Brown to predict the Lottery - LIVE

Nyff

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way he didn't reveal the numbers on Wednesday before the lottery, stating it was because he couldn't legally reveal the numbers. That was supposed to be a 'prediction' that happened to be right - not exactly revealing the numbers, considering the draw hadn't been made. Then on tonight's show he has the opportunity to show everyone his team and people watching the show the predicted numbers beforehand when they're all in the room prior to the draw, but instead just rushes off. That way his team can't confirm whether he really did predict those numbers beforehand.

This. :)

His "prediction" would have been better if he didn't "reveal" how he done it, he didn't really give much away and it wasn't him who predicted them, it was a team led by him.

It didn't have anything to do with the 24 people. They were just to bulk out an hour of tv.

Nice message though. Will it and it will be so.

Obviously would've been more convincing if, in addition to 'risking' his reputation in front of millions, he'd also risked a quid on a ticket. :)

I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about misdirection though (rather than a claptrap explanation about willpower). Why didn't he just say how he got the numbers to appear on the balls after they were drawn out? Not that that would be massively impressive as such, but it might have saved 55 mins worth of telly.

Apparently Channel 4 wouldn't allow him to buy a ticket.

(well according to what the devil man himself says, so it's probably bullshit, so I shouldn't really have mentioned it... )

Obviously would've been more convincing if, in addition to 'risking' his reputation in front of millions, he'd also risked a quid on a ticket. :)

I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about misdirection though (rather than a claptrap explanation about willpower). Why didn't he just say how he got the numbers to appear on the balls after they were drawn out? Not that that would be massively impressive as such, but it might have saved 55 mins worth of telly.

aYE. i'M A FAN OF bROWN BUT THIS WAS HIS WORST EVER SHOW. cOMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Fucking Caps Lock. :(

Agreed, I thought the show on Friday was a load of fucking shit. He should have just done the Wednesday show and left it at that. I mean we all know he didn't really do it, but that "explanation" wasn't even an entertaining way to pretend to have done it. Holes all over it and the first big FAIL I've ever seen him come up with.

It was just standard hypnosis, subliminal messages are banned on UK TV. The words he used before the start- glued, fixed, stuck etc as well as focused concentration helped everyone feel heavy. Would probably only work if you're really susceptible though.