Derren Brown to predict the Lottery - LIVE

Nyff

Has anyone checked what time the draw is and what time his programme is on? ;)

Reckon he's just got last weeks on tape?

No, but what I do know is that it's bollocks. If the twat could predict the lottery numbers why the hell hasn't he been playing and winning every week.

I'll be interested to see if he has an earpiece as there is almost certainly a very short delay on the televised version of the lottery which could be exploited.

Did you see the one where he gave the woman 10 winners in a row at the horses? On the last one she was ready to put her house and her parents house on the result. :munch:

I wonder how many times he had to film that sequence?

It was a scheme that just sent emails for all but the last few results iirc.

All 6 horse races, so they only had to follow the last 36 people whose winners had continually come up through the process.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever see the thing where he'd done that portrait of Orson Welles and then got that lad to guess who it was of?

That's not telly. That's pictionary.

"Looks like a thin Brian Blessed to me"

I didn't explain that very well tbf although you obviously didn't see it :munch:

Ever see the thing where he'd done that portrait of Orson Welles and then got that lad to guess who it was of?

That's not telly. That's pictionary.

"Looks like a thin Brian Blessed to me"

I didn't explain that very well tbf although you obviously didn't see it :munch:

;)

Unless he's right next to the machine when he's predicting the numbers, it won't be all that impressive.

I read an article about a year ago that the lottery had been predicted and subsequently before mathematically by university students. Something to do with probability, but then again my grasp of mathematics is a little weak so I can't explain it very well.

Be very surprised if they got it right (of course they could, just like anyone else can :munch:).

They did also mention that they'd had the numbers for their whole semester, and that they didn't win the jackpot, but they still had a theory at least. :D

Probably something to do with % of draws and partial wins then, whether that's any better than say massive block betting on it. ;)

You're probably better off sticking to your usual numbers tbh.

You better off taking your money and doing pretty much anything else with it. :icon_lol:

Apparently his predictions have been leaked online.

His other stunts sound canny too. On one of them he's going to show a piece of film which will render the viewer unable to get their arse of the settee and in another he's going to play and beat Manchester United all by himself. He's also going to give away money to a member of the audience in a game of roulette, which I imagine could be his 'winnings' from the Lotto.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Has anyone checked what time the draw is and what time his programme is on? :munch:

Reckon he's just got last weeks on tape?

No, but what I do know is that it's bollocks. If the twat could predict the lottery numbers why the hell hasn't he been playing and winning every week.

I'll be interested to see if he has an earpiece as there is almost certainly a very short delay on the televised version of the lottery which could be exploited.

Does anyone seriously think he can read the future? He's an illusionist, a fucking good one, but that's all at the end of the day. I bet he doesn't use an ear piece though.

Better than Gob Bluth?

gob-magc.jpg

I mean, he did blow up a yacht after all...

He managed to predict them then?

How come he doesn't manage it every week :(

Because it's a 'trick'? :)

Howay man Craig, it's advertised as misdirection. I don't think anyone genuinely believes he knows what lottery numbers are coming out on a weekly basis.

Hold on, so did he predict them, or did he somehow know the numbers after they were drawn but before they were made public?

He had pre-picked them. The lottery draw was made, and without delay he unveiled his balls (oo er) which were an exact match.

However, there was no third party to act as a witness against cheating, which wasn't very impressive. Also it was interesting he seemed much more nervous than normal and he apologised in advance if he was wrong - I'm pretty sure this was an act and was intended to misdirect. And one last thing, he claimed for 'legal reasons' he couldn't show his balls first because the BBC had the rights to be the first people to show the lottery draw. However, this is patent nonsense - after all he wasn't showing the lottery draw, merely his 'forecast' of it, which would obviously have no legal complications.

I doubt we'll get a clear answer on Friday. He's still an amzing performer though and leading light in the fightback against mysticism and mumbo jumbo.

He says it's taken a year.

I'd say he's filmed most combinations (he wanted to get 5 out of 6) and the TV was bluescreen. He did learn the A-Z of London off by heart.

...but then how did they get the right vt on channel 4 at the same time the lottery was on...or cut to it once the balls had been drawn?

:)

EDIT: Split screen?

Edited by Happy Face

Surely this is just bog standard writing the numbers on a "hand held" which then displays on the monitor, mocked up to look like ping pong balls? :)

Sure that would work. But there's no way DB would swoop that low.

This is also worth a watch. Another trick of his based on probabilities etc...