82cm Rat

Guest Stevie

I hate rats and mice more than any creatures on earth. I can even deal with mosquito's and midgies but not these. If you analyse things you are mildly uncomfortable with I think the big ones for me are flying, dentists, rats and mice. You see field mice kicking around now and then and they are largely 4cm long if that, I've seen rats maybe 15cm in England and so one in Thailand which was about the size of a small cat, but look at this. Fucking 82cm nose to tail, it's more like a rottweiler than a rat, and it's not scared of humans. There'll be loads of creatures in places like Papua New Guinea which have never been found, but the deforestation will mean we never see many of them before they're extinct.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/...000/8210394.stm

Saw that on the news the other day. I am the only one remotely curious on what would happen if you put that thing in with a domestic cat....?

Just read a bit in David Simon's 'Homicide...' (non-fiction) where two of the detectives saw a massive rat that made a domestic cat back away as it happens. In your Liverpool slums etc.

there's a clip of one of those New Guinea rats on the BBC website, the monster is happy as larry beside the bloke, partly because it's never seen a human before but mainly because it's fucking huge!

there's a clip of one of those New Guinea rats on the BBC website, the monster is happy as larry beside the bloke, partly because it's never seen a human before but mainly because it's fucking huge!

:)

Not many predators there either, no big cats or anything like that.

:)

<_<:(

trying to pull myself up on to a wall at a farm once and one that looked as if it could have been saddled and made to carry young children around ran across my fingers...I fuckin crapped myself and fell the 6 feet or so to the deck, badly spraining my ankle....fuckin hideous creatures :)

At the other end of the spectrum the same team also discovered a parrot smaller than a man's thumb. A perfectly formed parrot in minature, the jokes were coming out how it would be ideal for a dwarf pirate or could be taught to say "pieces of two, pieces of two" :)

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Did you see the daft shite pulling it along by the tail? :)

Did you see the daft shite pulling it along by the tail? :)

Thing is, it didn't look bothered by it at all, you try and do that with one of the "normal" sized rats in England, there'd be a furry dervish, then it'd drop out of your now skeletal hand...

Same mentalist who let a possum bite the crap out of his hand for a good minute before asking for the Kevlar glove.

They need to let the Jack russell from the pest-controllers programme at it:

"Kill the rats Charlie, kill the rats!"

I think it would laugh at Charlie........

Then bite his yappy little head off

Aye, I think he'd find it a bit difficult to pick that bastard up and shake it :)