Cardiff City 0-1 Newcastle United

Tom

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we start playing the teams that these other "contenders" must have played because that's another fucking shit team sent packing with only a half-decent but solid performance.

Chopra tried too hard and he may be their best player but I had to laugh when he kept coming deep to get the ball as if he's a good player.

I'm also a bit concerned about Barton being too laid back and going through the motions - did okay but I just feel he needs to find some other gears.

Also in response to that Place review which said we got all the decisions because of our "name" I couldn't help thinking we got bookings today because of who was involved - and that Bothroyd should have a a yellow for being a whinging, cheating little shit.

Poor game but the points more important than anything else, Smith was constant battler, gave his all and took one for the team at the end, good job we have Butt coming back, Nolan and Barton were poor today, Lovenkrands went missing the moment he came on.

The formation didn't help, Ranger needs someone to feed off, another spirited performance from Ranger, worked hard upfront and tracked back.

Poor game but the points more important than anything else, Smith was constant battler, gave his all and took one for the team at the end, good job we have Butt coming back, Nolan and Barton were poor today, Lovenkrands went missing the moment he came on.

The formation didn't help, Ranger needs someone to feed off, another spirited performance from Ranger, worked hard upfront and tracked back.

Pretty much agree with that. I think Ranger showed a mature performance, not sure what else we could have expected from him. smith was my motm, done what mattered.

agree with that. ranger put in a good shift but looked out of his depth playing up front on his own with little support from midfield. i'd drop barton next game or move him inside. he offered nothing on the flank.

great result though

agree with that. ranger put in a good shift but looked out of his depth playing up front on his own with little support from midfield. i'd drop barton next game or move him inside. he offered nothing on the flank.

great result though

can't afford to drop barton if we've no smith

when are we expecting jonas and shola back?

Harper 7.5 - Looked solid and did his job well, made some important claims as well.

Raylor 6.5 - Nothing too catchy, but did deliver some mean crosses, if im not wrong he was the assist for Collos goal.

Collocini 6.5 - Took his goal well, did well to also keep it in play, but defensively was his usual self for the second half mostly.

Saylor 7 - Kept Chopra quiet, and had some last ditch tackles, also prevented Chopra from scoring late on.

Simpson 7.5 - Was one of our best players on the pitch today, chased everything.

Enrique 7 - Hit and miss all match, did well going forward.

Nolan 5 - Invisible throughout.

Barton 6 - Looked lost on the left, MUST play in the middle.

Guthrie 6.5 - Not a performance hed want to remember.

Smith 7.5 - Really needs to be careful, his tacking and holding is class in this division, he wouldnt have been sent off if Collo did his job properly.

Ranger 7 - Really good performance, although not meant to be played as a lone striker, he will be a classy CF in the future, needs someone to feed him through balls, massively contributed for our goal.

Lovenkrands 5.5 - Same as Nolan, still unfit.

Butt 5 - I dread the thought he'll start next game.

Geremi N/A - Not enough time.

I couldn't give a fuck if decisions went for us because of our 'name' as there was plenty of shite decisions went against us last season that could have perhaps kept us up.

I don't think we did get any favours anyway and I think Barton got a yellow purely because of his previous, he got the ball clearly!

Awful performance from us but apart from the last ten minutes when Cardiff really came at us and had a few good penalty shouts we didn't look in danger of losing the lead.

Enrique and Simpson both played well, Smith was canny but it became clear after about 30 minutes he was going to get sent off and I was amazed Harper only came out and punched the ball once :)

I don't think Ranger had as good of a game as some people want to believe he had. That's not to say he played bad, he did all he could playing up top by himself, but there were a few instances when he lacked a bit of maturity. I still think he'll be a good player in years to come but it's clear he's still growing.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Great shift put in by the players in terms of effort and committment, they weren't given a second to rest on the ball and people were getting stuck in all over the pitch. As we've done before we had a moment of quality to score, (and well done Colo on winning the ball to give out wide then getting back in to score) followed by digging in, stifling the other team and trying to pick them off on the break.

Smith had to make that challenge and it was well worth a red as it looked a certain goal, plus he'll only miss 1 game, he was everywhere today, and probably MOTM. Was perhaps lucky to get away with the stray arm in a players face and the two footed lunge second half!

Ranger again battled well upfront on his own which is a big ask of a kid and it'll be nice to see him get a game alongside Carroll soon hopefully to see what he can do with a big man upfront helping him.

And finally, we were lucky to get away with the blatant pen when Taylor saved with his arm, but who cares we've had countless shite decisions go against us in the past, its nice to get some our way!

Awful performance from us

I disagree there. Our only problem was that we didn't have anything up front as Ranger could really do with some support. We held possession well and bossed most of the game up until the end and most importantly when it came down to it we ground out the result and it this league that's what counts, three points on the board and now we have to focus on Wednesday.

At the end of the day we have one of our harder games out the way and I'm over the moon we got something from it, 6 games, 5 wins, 1 draw and only 1 goal conceded. I have nothing to complain about!

Also I have to call Brock up from saying Cardiff were a ''physical'' team. Were they fuck!

Awful performance from us

I disagree there. Our only problem was that we didn't have anything up front as Ranger could really do with some support. We held possession well and bossed most of the game up until the end and most importantly when it came down to it we ground out the result and it this league that's what counts, three points on the board and now we have to focus on Wednesday.

At the end of the day we have one of our harder games out the way and I'm over the moon we got something from it, 6 games, 5 wins, 1 draw and only 1 goal conceded. I have nothing to complain about!

Also I have to call Brock up from saying Cardiff were a ''physical'' team. Were they fuck!

Yeah, theres no way that was an awful performance at all, not even close. Cardiff have been tearing people apart at home, and first half we practically rendered them toothless, shutting them down and controlling the game solidly if unspectaurlarly. They came into it later in the half and certainly had the better of the second half, but we scored, kept a clean sheet and have beaten one of the better teams in this division, job done.

Radio saying first time we've had five wins combined with five clean sheets in our history!

Great result.

award winning manager Chris Hughton's record breaking team of battlers maintain their unbeaten run to go 2 points clear at the top of the table

last seasonI never,in a million years, thought I would write the above line.

Only at Newcastle!!!

Good result but switched off after we scored. Away from home and another 3 points so were getting there..Still not as easy as some "people" were making out.

:)

I'm assuming he means the team 'switched off'?

Poor game from a viewer's perspective, excellent result, and Accadacca is looking more credible by the match. Piss poor league in comparision to the premiership imo.

Accadacca is looking more credible by the match.

It's a strange one!

Before the season people were saying we would be mid table fodder and it's a very hard league but now we are doing well it's a shit league and we should piss it.

These people are mainly mackems like...

Awful performance from us but apart from the last ten minutes when Cardiff really came at us and had a few good penalty shouts we didn't look in danger of losing the lead.

Enrique and Simpson both played well, Smith was canny but it became clear after about 30 minutes he was going to get sent off and I was amazed Harper only came out and punched the ball once :)

I don't think Ranger had as good of a game as some people want to believe he had. That's not to say he played bad, he did all he could playing up top by himself, but there were a few instances when he lacked a bit of maturity. I still think he'll be a good player in years to come but it's clear he's still growing.

an awful performance eh ?

a 1-0 win at a supposed main rival without 3 main players - I'll take this every week no problem.

an awful performance eh ?

a 1-0 win at a supposed main rival without 3 main players - I'll take this every week no problem.

Thats whats impressive, we've lost our 2 strikers, plus Jonas' pace and width, so we're grinding out the results with moments of quality then solidity and hard work. Throw Shola, Jonas and Carroll back into the mix and i'd expect more goals to go with these clean sheets.

Not a stirling performance, but good enough to beat a team who had seemed a lot more threatening up front than they showed today.

....It could be that the defence that gets lambasted every season in the premiership wasn't the problem, it was the attacking players inability to put the ball in the net. :)

Thought Smith was necessary but ugly, the rest of the midfield was absent... Good defending again.

Looking forward to Jonas and Shola and Lovenkrands being on the pitch at the same time.

Hopefully we'll get some fresh blood on loan too.

We got the goal and did a fine job of spoiling their game. Despite Cardiff's efforts we were never really in trouble. Ranger did really well up front, harrying without being much of a goal threat. We never needed to get out of second gear. Job done!

Another good performance and win. We weren't majestic or alike but we were busy and industrious. All battled well especially the likes of smith, ranger, simpson and enrique. Our two central defenders coped well and deserved their 5th consecutive clean sheet minus a rick from each one of which could of gave a penalty away and the other lead to smiths dismissal which i dont blame him for.

We still lack creativity and guile in midfield and pace upfront but we are getting by with sheer grit and determination. Who would of thought 6 games in we would of took 7 points from 9 away including 2 games against supposed strong promotion challengers and 9 from 9 at home with a threadbare squad!

Things are lookin good, come christmas and we will have a good idea where we stand but im confident we will win this league!

Who really cares how we played?*

3 points and a clean sheet at a very tricky location.

* - Ranger agains showed maturity and control beyond his years. Unfortunately his isolated role meant that he ran out of puff in the second period, should have been bursting into the box when Simpson got behind their defense. Well taken goal from Coloccini. Smith really helped out the defense playing Bothroyd out of the game. Thankfully Butt is back to cover his suspension. Simpson had a quality game. Barton clearly out of position, and still lacking sharpness IMO. Nolan wasn't as bad as people make out - he needs people moving off him when he has his back to goal - doesn't help when we only have one up front.

Good result but switched off after we scored. Away from home and another 3 points so were getting there..Still not as easy as some "people" were making out.

I'm assuming he means the team 'switched off'?

Poor game from a viewer's perspective, excellent result, and Accadacca is looking more credible by the match. Piss poor league in comparision to the premiership imo.

yes thats what i meant.