Cardiff City 0-1 Newcastle United

Tom

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I don't think he's the shot stopper he once was, he's certainly poor on commanding his box and his distribution isn't great.

To be absolutely honest? I'd sell him in January. In this league, the 'keeper seems to be a getting a good deal of protection so we may as well stick a kid in their to gain first team experience. Before our return to the Premier League of course.

Said for a decade Harps should be in the England squad. He is at least as good as any of the three mooted to go to South Africa.

He's not like, I'd even have Paul Robinson before him tbh. He's a big bloke, but I'm not satisfied by how he commands his area, and I know people will jump on the bandwagon here because of five clean sheets, but in those five games, he's been called on to make one class save, and even that was routine for someone like Shay. Krul had more to do against WBA than Harper has since, he can only save the shots that are fired at him, but lets not get carried away.

We won 1-0, that was the positive. Footballs about winning and we won. I hate teams who come to SJP and do what we did, but fair fucks to Hughton. Lets hope Geremi does an equally good job as Smith at Blackpool. I keep thinking we're going to lose every game we play but we keep winning. :)

NEW CASSEL YIN ITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED.

Surely the Harper for England stuff was put to bed last season after his uniformly average-to-poor performances? Anyone who is seriously suggesting he should be on the plane to South Africa on the back of a handful of performances in a league which, lets face it, is a bit shit needs their head stoving through with a car door.

Surely the Harper for England stuff was put to bed last season after his uniformly average-to-poor performances? Anyone who is seriously suggesting he should be on the plane to South Africa on the back of a handful of performances in a league which, lets face it, is a bit shit needs their head stoving through with a car door.

I'm suggesting he is good enough to be in the three, but obviously won't get in because of the league he is in. It says more about the standard of English keepers than OMG1!!1!ZZZ HARPS IZ GODZ!!!!

However if you want to try and stove my head through a car door for such a trivial matter then please, come and have a go.

Yeah, i think Harper missed his chance a few years back when he was at his best to be playing regularly for a prem team as their number one and he may have got a look in for England. But last season when he got the uninterrupted run as no. 1 for us he struggled, and struggled quite badly at times. His command of the area and coming for crosses was never the best, nor was his kicking, but his shot stopping which has been good had dropped off a fair bit i felt, and his kicking/releasing of the ball quickly was piss poor.

This season he's made some good saves when required and much as i'd have chucked Krul in there, i think he's earned his place in the team at the moment, but he still worries you when the crosses/set pieces are being fired in and i don't think he'd have made all the saves Krul did against West Brom.

I'm suggesting he is good enough to be in the three, but obviously won't get in because of the league he is in. It says more about the standard of English keepers than OMG1!!1!ZZZ HARPS IZ GODZ!!!!

However if you want to try and stove my head through a car door for such a trivial matter then please, come and have a go.

I am proper fucking mental so I may well do just that.

PM me your address and i'll be round after tea tomorrow night.

Said for a decade Harps should be in the England squad. He is at least as good as any of the three mooted to go to South Africa.

He's not like, I'd even have Paul Robinson before him tbh. He's a big bloke, but I'm not satisfied by how he commands his area, and I know people will jump on the bandwagon here because of five clean sheets, but in those five games, he's been called on to make one class save, and even that was routine for someone like Shay. Krul had more to do against WBA than Harper has since, he can only save the shots that are fired at him, but lets not get carried away.

We won 1-0, that was the positive. Footballs about winning and we won. I hate teams who come to SJP and do what we did, but fair fucks to Hughton. Lets hope Geremi does an equally good job as Smith at Blackpool. I keep thinking we're going to lose every game we play but we keep winning. :D

:)

You wouldn't have a midfield of Guthrie Nolan Barton and Taylor?

We won 1-0, that was the positive. Footballs about winning and we won. I hate teams who come to SJP and do what we did, but fair fucks to Hughton. Lets hope Geremi does an equally good job as Smith at Blackpool. I keep thinking we're going to lose every game we play but we keep winning. :D

:)

You wouldn't have a midfield of Guthrie Nolan Barton and Taylor?

Yes with Geremi doing the Smith role.

I would have thought we'd play

Harper,

Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Jose

Raylor, Barton Nolan, Guthrie

Ranger Lovenkrands

with Barton or Guthrie playing the Smith role... at least they can discernibly move around the pitch

I would have thought we'd play

Harper,

Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Jose

Raylor, Barton Nolan, Guthrie

Ranger Lovenkrands

with Barton or Guthrie playing the Smith role... at least they can discernibly move around the pitch

If Hughton thinks Lovenkrands is fit enough he may start with 2 up front, but i'm not sure he won't go with the 5 man midfield again with Nolan pushing up, and to be fair its working so far. Also i think its nailed on Butt will be in for Smith whether its 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, not that i'd play him, but i bet he's back in the team.

My thinking is that Smith's role in the team is to spoil their attacks and to be industrious. Geremi isn't great in the tackle, doesn't have the guts to risk in regardless and hasn't the puff to get all over the pitch like Smith does.

I think both Barton and Guthrie would do that job much better than Geremi.