So, our starting 11

Christmas Tree

So, we are on a roll with a team that is already not what we would have described as our first choice starting 11. We have already had our fair share of injuries yet we are still winning and still top of the league.

Do we look more in control with the midfield packed and only one striker? Can Hughton resist starting Butt?

Bearing all this in mind, what should be our starting 11.

Heres the one I would like to see start.

teamnewcastle.png

Yes no Jonas, no Shola and not even a place for Nolan or Lovenkrands.

Think Ranger has done better to win and hold the ball than any other striker at the club and would love to see his partnership with Carol given a go. If only one striker then Nolan would get the nod.

Personally I think Hughton has some very difficult choices to make.

So, we are on a roll with a team that is already not what we would have described as our first choice starting 11. We have already had our fair share of injuries yet we are still winning and still top of the league.

Do we look more in control with the midfield packed and only one striker? Can Hughton resist starting Butt?

Bearing all this in mind, what should be our starting 11.

Heres the one I would like to see start.

teamnewcastle.png

Yes no Jonas, no Shola and not even a place for Nolan or Lovenkrands.

Think Ranger has done better to win and hold the ball than any other striker at the club and would love to see his partnership with Carol given a go. If only one striker then Nolan would get the nod.

Personally I think Hughton has some very difficult choices to make.

Bartons pic :):D:razz::):(:panic:

Edited by AvatarAxeman

lua lua left mid based on what exactly? a handful of games coming off the bench?

shola has to start if fit.

I thought that was Babayaro on first glimpse... :)

The best midfield at the club has to have Jonas on the left, Barton* in the middle and a natural right winger i.e R. Taylor. The question is do you partner Barton with Smith or Guthrie.

The formation yesterday was an interesting one, not sure if everyone had been fit, he would have played that way but it certainly stifled them.

*On the basis of his potential and performances under Keegan, not his last 2 showings obviously.

Most of Barton's mis-placed passes yesterday were balls into space in the final 3rd, looking to release a player. He had a fantastic 15 mins at the start of the second half then faded out of the game.

I'm confident his form will come if he stays in the side (which i've no doubt he will).

Most of Barton's mis-placed passes yesterday were balls into space in the final 3rd, looking to release a player. He had a fantastic 15 mins at the start of the second half then faded out of the game.

I'm confident his form will come if he stays in the side (which i've no doubt he will).

I agree. thought he looked well short of fitness and was completley wasted on left side of midfield, however his touch, control, passing and vision were a class above. on the odd occasion when he found himself in CM i thought he was excellent. its not his fault that all his forward balls were picked off as i thought Rangers movement was absolute gash at times. still the best midfielder at the club for me but he needs to get to full fitness and moved back into the middle.

======== tim krul

=ryan taylor --colocini - -simpson -- enrique

guthrie--geremi--butt -- lualua

---------nile ranger--

-----------------------lovenndkrands

Are you pissed. :razz::):D:(

Bored more than pissed! (id be happy if houghton did play tht formation, so we cud see alan shearer come in sooner) :)

my real team (below)

=simpson --colocini - -taylor-- enrique

taylor--nolan--smith -- jonas

---------ameobi--

----------------------lovenkrands-

btw can lovenkrands play on the right instead of taylor? that way we'd have some pace and we could also push nolan up front and put in guthrie at central midfield. JUst a thought.