So, our starting 11

Christmas Tree

I think Guthrie needs to be in there somewhere.

Either at the expense of Raylor or Carroll.

Otherwise Spot on.

That was my only problem with that line-up. I rate Guthrie, but i think our engine room would be stronger with JB and AS in the middle...Dont really think he's a right winger neither so id probably say rotate with with the two in midfield.

-------------------Harper

Raylor------Saylor-------Colo-------Enrique

---------------------Smith

------------Guthrie--------Barton

-----Jonas--------------------------Vuckic

--------------------Danger

I know we haven't seen Vuckic properly but i've seen a few of his goals and he has that natural pace and ability on the ball that would terrorize most defences in this league. Raylor and Enrique to provide the odd overlapping cross, Smith fouling people and winning headers, and our two best ball playing midfielders in the centre trying to dictate the game and breaking from midfield to support Danger!

---Krul---

---Simpson---Saylor---Coloccini---Enrique---

---Raylor---Barton---Smith---Jonas---

---Ameobi---Carrol---

Subs: Harper, Kadar, Butt, Nolan, Guthrie, Ranger, Vuckic

I think thats it.

Yeah, I'd go for that but swap Krul for Harper and Geremi for Butt. He is Club Captain after all and if needs must, I'd rather he brought his limited movement, but vast experience, instead of Geremi's zero movement and zero commitment.

I don't think Guthrie and Nolan have done anything particularly wrong, I just think Smith and Barton add more to the side.

I think Guthrie needs to be in there somewhere.

Either at the expense of Raylor or Carroll.

Otherwise Spot on.

I like having Guthrie in a lot, maybe alternate starts with him, Barton, and Smith, and use the odd one out as a super-sub

Some of these selections are Championship Manageresque :) Lua Lua has only played half a dozen games, none of which he's been hugely convincing in as of yet. Jonas' lack of an end product is annoying but at this level he's always going to terrorise wingers and full backs in this league. Vuckic has barely hit puberty and should be a bench warmer for the foreseeable future unless we're hit by another spate of injuries. It rarely plays off to throw a kid in at the deepend in the way suggested.

When everyone is fit we go with this:

Harper

Simpson

Taylor

Colo

Enrique

Raylor

Guthrie

Smith

Jonas

Ameobi

Carroll

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Geremi, Barton, Lua Lua, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Nicky 'Old Yeller' Butt should be taken around the back of the training ground and shot by Colin Calderwood, he's way past his sell by date and he may have rabies.

Edited by Ketsbaia

No Nolan?

I think Nolan's a smart player around the top of the box, can make a nice lay-off pass. Geordie Lad is closest to the money IMO. I'd probably have Harper over Krul because Krul is still largely unproven, and we know bugger all about his distribution. Granted he hasn't really had a chance to prove himself. Hopefully we don't give up many chances so it won't matter as much as it has in the past who is between our sticks.

I'd love to have Guthrie in the first 11, but as others have rightly noted he's not naturally a wide player (though he can cross a ball) and he doesn't have much pace. Better suited to the middle of the park. Barton for mine hasn't been impressive so far, but he still seems to be a little short on match fitness and cohesion with the rest of the team. He should be our best central midfielder, but we havent; seen that materialise on the pitch as yet.

Truth be told though these sort of things are a waste of time though, because it's so seldom at any club that there is no injuries meaning that it's likely never that we have no injuried at Newcastle United (particularly this season with the increased amount of games and smaller squad).

At this stage Shola needs to be in there. Looks gangly and uninterested lots of the time, but is scoring goals. Would be interesting to see him play alongside Ranger. Need to see more of Lovenkrands to determine where he will fit in best. I know he likes playing up front, but anyone would as there's usually less running and defending to be done up there and an increased likeliness to score to boot.

No Nolan?

I think Nolan's a smart player around the top of the box, can make a nice lay-off pass. Geordie Lad is closest to the money IMO. I'd probably have Harper over Krul because Krul is still largely unproven, and we know bugger all about his distribution. Granted he hasn't really had a chance to prove himself. Hopefully we don't give up many chances so it won't matter as much as it has in the past who is between our sticks.

I'd love to have Guthrie in the first 11, but as others have rightly noted he's not naturally a wide player (though he can cross a ball) and he doesn't have much pace. Better suited to the middle of the park. Barton for mine hasn't been impressive so far, but he still seems to be a little short on match fitness and cohesion with the rest of the team. He should be our best central midfielder, but we havent; seen that materialise on the pitch as yet.

Truth be told though these sort of things are a waste of time though, because it's so seldom at any club that there is no injuries meaning that it's likely never that we have no injuried at Newcastle United (particularly this season with the increased amount of games and smaller squad).

At this stage Shola needs to be in there. Looks gangly and uninterested lots of the time, but is scoring goals. Would be interesting to see him play alongside Ranger. Need to see more of Lovenkrands to determine where he will fit in best. I know he likes playing up front, but anyone would as there's usually less running and defending to be done up there and an increased likeliness to score to boot.

Shola and Ranger as a pair would be interesting to see. Ranger the target man and Shola the ruthless clinical finisher?

Joking aside, it's a pairing that could prove fruitful if given time to gel.

Reading this thread indicates that, contrary to popular belief, we are actually spoilt for choice :)

This

Leaving Goalkeeper to one side, everyone is agreed on the back four, but the remaining six is a headache to put together. With goals coming from all over the park, the need to have two strikers is less important.

Tough job.

Reading this thread indicates that, contrary to popular belief, we are actually spoilt for choice :)

This

Leaving Goalkeeper to one side, everyone is agreed on the back four, but the remaining six is a headache to put together. With goals coming from all over the park, the need to have two strikers is less important.

Tough job.

Im still worried if colo or saylor is injured we might be in trouble back there. Wish we could have gotten campbell :/.

• 1 month later...

1stTeam.jpg

Always knew Championship Manager (friggin apt title <_< ), would come in useful someday.

Stevie (our wannabe BNP activist :) ), mentioned about the lack of pace in the current setup the other day, so it got me thinking.

I've always held the belief that, in order to get the best out of players, is to play them in their natural positions....Jonas on the left....wtf?? (even Stevie Wonder :icon_lol: would say that was fucking shite!)

Anyhoo, as you can see, the two above tactics could work, even without having to make a substitution!! (Switchin play???)

Home game, start off 442, pace on the wings, Guthrie(best passer by a mile in the side), playing thru balls, Nolan in holding role(did it for Trotters on a number of occasions), or maybe swap him with Smith, and Nolan playing off Ranger.

Away game, against lesser teams(?), maybe start off 442, but IMO, the dreaded xmas tree formation would come in handy, surely a point, gained away 75% of the time would make up for the losses.

Lovenkrands, Gutierrez & Ranger(albeit little end product to show for atm <_< ), have pace in abundance, opposition defenders would hate this!!

If Smith picks up a booking(dead cert), stick him up front where he plied his trade pre Ferguson convert :angry: , at least Smith would get the benefit of doubt from referee's(wishful thinking perhaps), playing as a forward?!

Of course, this is just pure fantasy football. Let's face it, the only way we're gonna see the club win anything, is on a fucking computer game!!

Just this cunts' two cents.

:):icon_lol:

:nufc:

Edited by B&Wsy

1stTeam.jpg

Always knew Championship Manager (friggin apt title <_< ), would come in useful someday.

Stevie (our wannabe BNP activist :) ), mentioned about the lack of pace in the current setup the other day, so it got me thinking.

I've always held the belief that, in order to get the best out of players, is to play them in their natural positions....Jonas on the left....wtf?? (even Stevie Wonder :icon_lol: would say that was fucking shite!)

Anyhoo, as you can see, the two above tactics could work, even without having to make a substitution!! (Switchin play???)

Home game, start off 442, pace on the wings, Guthrie(best passer by a mile in the side), playing thru balls, Nolan in holding role(did it for Trotters on a number of occasions), or maybe swap him with Smith, and Nolan playing off Ranger.

Away game, against lesser teams(?), maybe start off 442, but IMO, the dreaded xmas tree formation would come in handy, surely a point, gained away 75% of the time would make up for the losses.

Lovenkrands, Gutierrez & Ranger(albeit little end product to show for atm <_< ), have pace in abundance, opposition defenders would hate this!!

If Smith picks up a booking(dead cert), stick him up front where he plied his trade pre Ferguson convert :nufc: , at least Smith would get the benefit of doubt from referee's(wishful thinking perhaps), playing as a forward?!

Of course, this is just pure fantasy football. Let's face it, the only way we're gonna see the club win anything, is on a fucking computer game!!

Just this cunts' two cents.

:):icon_lol:

:nufc:

I like what you done using CM but.....NO

Where do i start?

GK and backline are spot on but thats about it mate...3...THREE...THREE DCM away from home? Are we playing Milan away every week like? No.

2 ACM....leaving an almighty whole in midfield for our opponents to play in and pin us back...No.

Lovenkrands.....No.

Ranger upfront on his own and Smith in a 442...No.

Good answer but its not right! :angry: