England v Argentina

Shearergol

One of the best friendlies you'll ever see and England finally showing they can play that well against the best teams. Some really impressive football all round, fought back from behind twice and great entertainment, how often do we say that after an England match!

And yet agin you are left amazed when you remember Owen plays for us!!!

55667[/snapback]

Thats got to be the best friendly I've ever seen, and one of the best England performances, a real passionate performance all across the park.

And as for Owen, I agree, I still have to pinch myself that he's our player !

I can't believe the midget has such great ariel prowess !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best friendlies you'll ever see and England finally showing they can play that well against the best teams. Some really impressive football all round, fought back from behind twice and great entertainment, how often do we say that after an England match!

55667[/snapback]

Thats got to be the best friendly I've ever seen, and one of the best England performances, a real passionate performance all across the park.

55670[/snapback]

Yes, he's always scored more than his share of headers and people never give him that much credit for his aerial threat!

55667[/snapback]

55670[/snapback]

Yes, he's always scored more than his share of headers and people never give him that much credit for his aerial threat!

55672[/snapback]

Agreed. Second finish was even better as that apple-picker Crouch was fouling him at the same time! ;)

I also loved on Owen's second goal how he was almost elbowing crouch out of the way to ensure he scored!  ;)

55669[/snapback]

Me & my mates were laughing our arse's off at that as it looked like Crouch had picked Owen up to head the ball in the replay...! :D

I also loved on Owen's second goal how he was almost elbowing crouch out of the way to ensure he scored!  ;)

55669[/snapback]

Me & my mates were laughing our arse's off at that as it looked like Crouch had picked Owen up to head the ball in the replay...! :D

55698[/snapback]

that's what I thought as well - i doubt Owen would have reached the ball unless Crouch hadn't ploughed the Argie under and catapulted Owen forward ..............

55667[/snapback]

55670[/snapback]

Now if we can get the opposing team to sing abusive songs at our players before every game the world cup will be ours!

Now if we can get the opposing team to sing abusive songs at our players before every game the world cup will be ours!

55775[/snapback]

I suspect England will find that alot easier than most teams! ;)

shearer should be ashamed of himself - exposing his cameltoe like that

55660[/snapback]

ohhhh do you have to? im fed up enough as it is because i missed what was by all accounts the best England performance in ages! :D and now i read i missed the very sexy bigAl aswell ;)

I'm guessing it's a home game for them, as their players are mainly based in Europe. Like when Australia and Jamaica played at (I think) Loftus Road.

54885[/snapback]

emoteng1013uh.gif
Craven Cottage.

55648[/snapback]

Very low-key game tbh ;)

55660[/snapback]

Never spotted it but Spoony on Radio5 reckons it's the first thing he noticed ;)

:D

55660[/snapback]

Never spotted it but Spoony on Radio5 reckons it's the first thing he noticed ;)

<_<

56106[/snapback]

As suspected minge dodger Wacky Jr would put it, :D 'you could see the veins in his bollocks!' :huff:

Canny match like. Of course the press who were all at Sven's throat have gone completely over the top and we are now dead certs to win the World Cup.

Canny match like. Of course the press who were all at Sven's throat have gone completely over the top and we are now dead certs to win the World Cup.

56110[/snapback]

Absolute quality game, which could just as easily have gone either way or ended up a draw. Usual press hysterics in the aftermath but what I will say is if we were to meet up with Argentina in the knock out stages then we have the psychological advantage which could prove to be a very big thing with the two teams so evenly matched.

And even if we dont end up playing them then the team should still have taken confidence generally from the fact that we have proved to ourselves that we have the players (particularly finishers) to beat the best teams in the world if we just believe and never give up til the bitter end.

Riquelme was the best player on the park by a long way like. Awesome.

56115[/snapback]

Dunno like, Riquelme was fantastic but Rooney wasn't far behind and in terms of possession he was living off scraps compared to the Argentinian.

Rooney was the best player on the pitch i think,he made the most impact and was unlucky not to bag a hat-trick,his pace for such a well built boy is fantastic,imagine wayne rooney surging towards you at 100mph,pretty scary! ;)

56115[/snapback]

Dunno like, Riquelme was fantastic but Rooney wasn't far behind and in terms of possession he was living off scraps compared to the Argentinian.

56121[/snapback]

I was pretty bladdered by the end of the game and I have trouble finding anything good to say about Rooney cos he's a dirty red, but I'd not disagree with that. He is definitely our best player.

I wish people would back off saying our World Cup chances rely on Rooney though. Big Al was guilty of it the other night an all ffs. I think thats irresponsible considering how unsurprising it would be if Rooney got himself sent off and suspended for the important matches. We're a much much better team with him on the pitch but we have to have ways of coping without him. We've been over reliant on Becks for the last 6-7 years and have been guilty of looking pretty fucking clueless without him at times.

Still thats where Sven really does have to earn his corn I spose.

i think rooneys attitude in general has changed over the last few weeks...he has'nt been gobby to the refs,no clumbsy tackles,not spitting his dummy out...this can only be good for england,i think if he keeps his attitude right for the world cup theres no reason why he can't go out and play his best ever football! ;)

56110[/snapback]

Absolute quality game, which could just as easily have gone either way or ended up a draw. Usual press hysterics in the aftermath but what I will say is if we were to meet up with Argentina in the knock out stages then we have the psychological advantage which could prove to be a very big thing with the two teams so evenly matched.

And even if we dont end up playing them then the team should still have taken confidence generally from the fact that we have proved to ourselves that we have the players (particularly finishers) to beat the best teams in the world if we just believe and never give up til the bitter end.

56115[/snapback]

Right about the press hysterics. I was listening to talk shit in the car at the end of the second half. At 2-1 they were consoling themselves that it wouldn't be a psychological blow to England as they had played well. Then at 3-2, it was suddenly a knock-out blow to Argentina's confidence in the forthcoming world cup. ;)

I didn't watch it but it sounded like a class match. Question is, is it a one off? Given the matches I have been unfortunate enough to watch England play in under Sven, I would think this is quite likely. Norn Iron anyone?