England v Argentina

Shearergol

Still thats where Sven really does have to earn his corn I spose.

56126[/snapback]

That's our chances fucked then.

56127[/snapback]

;)

What chances? Typical press hysterics from you there Dave. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily it all came down to me not watching the game.

As I have watched some pretty uninspiring performances from our wealthy heroes, I decided to skip the game and get some work done.

BOLLOCKING PISSING COCKING FUCK!!!

I shall therefore not be watching England again until they do badly.

And to think the FA waste all this money on SVEN!

;)

Canny match like. Of course the press who were all at Sven's throat have gone completely over the top and we are now dead certs to win the World Cup.

56110[/snapback]

Absolute quality game, which could just as easily have gone either way or ended up a draw. Usual press hysterics in the aftermath but what I will say is if we were to meet up with Argentina in the knock out stages then we have the psychological advantage which could prove to be a very big thing with the two teams so evenly matched.

And even if we dont end up playing them then the team should still have taken confidence generally from the fact that we have proved to ourselves that we have the players (particularly finishers) to beat the best teams in the world if we just believe and never give up til the bitter end.

Riquelme was the best player on the park by a long way like. Awesome.

56115[/snapback]

Right about the press hysterics. I was listening to talk shit in the car at the end of the second half. At 2-1 they were consoling themselves that it wouldn't be a psychological blow to England as they had played well. Then at 3-2, it was suddenly a knock-out blow to Argentina's confidence in the forthcoming world cup. :D

I didn't watch it but it sounded like a class match. Question is, is it a one off? Given the matches I have been unfortunate enough to watch England play in under Sven, I would think this is quite likely. Norn Iron anyone?

56129[/snapback]

I'm going to get in before Craig and point out you shouldn't even be commenting on a game you didn't watch ;)

Edited by alex

Still thats where Sven really does have to earn his corn I spose.

56126[/snapback]

That's our chances fucked then.

56127[/snapback]

;)

What chances? Typical press hysterics from you there Dave. :D

56131[/snapback]

:huff:

Fucking mentalist!

As I have watched some pretty uninspiring performances from our wealthy heroes, I decided to skip the game and get some work done.

56133[/snapback]

:D

Do us a favour, sell your telly before the World Cup ;)

<_<

56133[/snapback]

Do us a favour, sell your telly before the World Cup ;)

56137[/snapback]

Or better still, his computer :D

Canny match like. Of course the press who were all at Sven's throat have gone completely over the top and we are now dead certs to win the World Cup.

56110[/snapback]

Absolute quality game, which could just as easily have gone either way or ended up a draw. Usual press hysterics in the aftermath but what I will say is if we were to meet up with Argentina in the knock out stages then we have the psychological advantage which could prove to be a very big thing with the two teams so evenly matched.

And even if we dont end up playing them then the team should still have taken confidence generally from the fact that we have proved to ourselves that we have the players (particularly finishers) to beat the best teams in the world if we just believe and never give up til the bitter end.

Riquelme was the best player on the park by a long way like. Awesome.

56115[/snapback]

Right about the press hysterics. I was listening to talk shit in the car at the end of the second half. At 2-1 they were consoling themselves that it wouldn't be a psychological blow to England as they had played well. Then at 3-2, it was suddenly a knock-out blow to Argentina's confidence in the forthcoming world cup. :huff:

I didn't watch it but it sounded like a class match. Question is, is it a one off? Given the matches I have been unfortunate enough to watch England play in under Sven, I would think this is quite likely. Norn Iron anyone?

56129[/snapback]

I'm going to get in before Craig and point out you shouldn't even be commenting on a game you didn't watch ;)

56134[/snapback]

I'm not commenting on the game smart-arse! :D

I'm commenting on the press hysterics, which I was witness to.

Best game I've seen in years

If you wanted to convince Yanks that Football is THE Beautiful GAME this was it

Passion, gloroius skill, goals, few fouls, seesaw game...........................

:P

56133[/snapback]

<_<

Do us a favour, sell your telly before the World Cup :D

56137[/snapback]

Or better still, his computer :huff:

56139[/snapback]

;)

I know you could sort of point the finge rof blame towards him for Englands first, but Javier Zanetti, what a footballer.

The sort of player I could happily just watch him for the whole of a game, he's that good.

56163[/snapback]

Fantastic right-back although I imagine he could play anywhere.

I know you could sort of point the finge rof blame towards him for Englands first, but Javier Zanetti, what a footballer.

The sort of player I could happily just watch him for the whole of a game, he's that good.

56163[/snapback]

56173[/snapback]

Top class. Simple as that.

And, for an Argentinian, plays the game very fairly.

56163[/snapback]

56173[/snapback]

Top class. Simple as that.

And, for an Argentinian, plays the game very fairly.

56240[/snapback]

Xenophobic tbh ;)