heard it all before???

henda

*from skysportsnews*

Newcastle United have confirmed they have received an offer matching owner Mike Ashley's asking price.

The ongoing saga of Ashley's proposed sale of the club has reached a new height with talks said to be "at sale and purchase stage."

The Magpies have not named the potential buyer but it is strongly believed to be Barry Moat, who has been linked with the club for some time despite concerns over his ability to finance a takeover.

The club issued a statement reading: "The £100m asking price has been matched, however, we are still in negotiations and all parties involved are at sale and purchase stage."

Complications continue to surround the club's £39million overdraft facility, of which owner Ashley is in the process of negotiating a reduced figure in the region of £25million.

However, Newcastle's on-the-field success in the Championship this season has reignited interest in the club which has prompted Moat to step up his pursuit of ownership.

Telegraph Sport understands that Moat has financing in place to meet Ashley's price and provide working capital to a new manager, expected to be Alan Shearer.

The financing deal should also enable Moat to satisfy the club's bank, Barclays, which is insisting on a reduction in the current overdraft facility of £39 million. The club's borrowing currently stands at around £20 million and ideally Barclays would like that halved.

The club confirmed yesterday that it had received an offer of £100 million from an unnamed party and that negotiations had reached the "sale and purchase" stage.

Ashley now has until the end of the month to decide whether to accept a deal that will end his unhappy and expensive two-year association with the club.

Don't know if this should be in this thread or the other one but. How much is Ashley in the shit with the OFT about the dealings of Sport Direct?

It has the potential to lead to jail sentences, however, imo it's likely to lead to insignificant fines.

For some reason i'm not very excited about him coming in. Ashley mark 2 maybe

No, Moat Mark 1.

Moat looks like he doesn't have any dosh, but at least everything the bloke will do (if he does take over) will be for the benefit of the club (though some supporters might not see it like that at the time :o ).

No, Moat Mark 1.

Moat looks like he doesn't have any dosh, but at least everything the bloke will do (if he does take over) will be for the benefit of the club (though some supporters might not see it like that at the time :o ).

Only time will tell. We all had high hopes when Ashley came in...look whats happened.

No, Moat Mark 1.

Only time will tell. We all had high hopes when Ashley came in...look whats happened.

Moat to his credit if a fan, first and foremost. I'm sure I read somewhere that not only was Ashley no NUFC fan, he'd never taken an interest in football before his adventure with NUFC!

Don't know if this should be in this thread or the other one but. How much is Ashley in the shit with the OFT about the dealings of Sport Direct?

It has the potential to lead to jail sentences, however, imo it's likely to lead to insignificant fines.

Willing to bet my mortgage on that if it does come to that, he already has a patsy lined up.

EDIT: and no doubt several culinary delights from Greggs too :o