Peterborough United 2-0 Newcastle United (League Cup R3)

Tom

NUFC: to follow...

Danny Simpson (ankle) is a doubt, while Shola Ameobi (hamstring) and Jonas Gutierrez (ankle) are both also sidelined.

News on that pair is that Shola isn't expected back on a pitch until November, but Jonas has been penciled in for a comeback against Bristol City in early October.

New arrival Zurab Khizanishvili is ineligible, having already appeared for Blackburn Rovers in this competition.

Carling Cup - other Third Round ties:

Tue 22.09.2009:

Arsenal v West Brom

Barnsley v Burnley

Bolton v West Ham

Carlisle v Portsmouth

Hull v Everton

Leeds v Liverpool

Manchester City v Fulham

Manchester United v Wolves

Nottingham Forest v Blackburn

Preston v Spurs

Scunthorpe v Port Vale

Stoke v Blackpool

mackems v Birmingham

Wed 23.09.2009:

Aston Villa v Cardiff City

Chelsea v QPR

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUFC: to follow...

Danny Simpson (ankle) is a doubt, while Shola Ameobi (hamstring) and Jonas Gutierrez (ankle) are both also sidelined.

News on that pair is that Shola isn't expected back on a pitch until November, but Jonas has been penciled in for a comeback against Bristol City in early October.

New arrival Zurab Khizanishvili is ineligible, having already appeared for Blackburn Rovers in this competition.

Carling Cup - other Third Round ties:

Tue 22.09.2009:

Arsenal v West Brom

Barnsley v Burnley

Bolton v West Ham

Carlisle v Portsmouth

Hull v Everton

Leeds v Liverpool

Manchester City v Fulham

Manchester United v Wolves

Nottingham Forest v Blackburn

Preston v Spurs

Scunthorpe v Port Vale

Stoke v Blackpool

mackems v Birmingham

Wed 23.09.2009:

Aston Villa v Cardiff City

Chelsea v QPR

Nice sig, Tom. :o

I would have put the youngest team out. Take out as much risk as possible to first team players. If we get knocked out, so fucking what.

I agree.

---Krul---

--Raylor---Kadar---Tozer---Enrique--

--Godsmark---Inman---Barton---Lua-lua--

-----Ranger----Vuckic-----

Id still give Raylor, Enrique and Barton a run out as the 1st 2 need to build confidence and the latter needs to find his fucking form.

All the young lads deserve a bit of playing time and i'd use them in the league cup as THE basis of our cup team. If we go out, we go out, at least the bairns have gained some experience.

Still think we will win 1-0

Would have been nice to give Zurab a run out.

Would give Jose a rest. So only really Kadar can come in for him.

Give Ranger/Vuckic and LuaLua another run out and I'll be happy enough.

We don't really have a squad for all the competitions but we should be looking to win this one.

I would have put the youngest team out. Take out as much risk as possible to first team players. If we get knocked out, so fucking what.

I agree.

---Krul---

Id still give Raylor, Enrique and Barton a run out as the 1st 2 need to build confidence and the latter needs to find his fucking form.

All the young lads deserve a bit of playing time and i'd use them in the league cup as THE basis of our cup team. If we go out, we go out, at least the bairns have gained some experience.

Godsmark is out on loan and also injured.

Barton, Carroll, R. Taylor and Coloccini should all start, as they need the games

I don't think Taylor or Colo need any more games like. ;)

Colos got some form going and needs games to continue getting use to the country imo

Not sure Taylor needs the games, but I think he should start anyway :huh:

I live about 10 miles from Peterborough but I'm still not going, Posh have got to have some of the most annoying staff and irritating local media going. I'd rather we put out a youth team for this one, we need to concentrate on the league imo and the less distractions outside of that and the fewer risks to first teamers the better.

You can believe Peterborough will be treating this like a cup final. They've got ideas way above their station so any win, even over our youth team, will be dished out as if they're good enough to win the Prem - it's funny though, their fans aren't usually that bad but the local media surrounding them and Darren Ferguson really give them an image of loving themselves too much. They're a nothing club, the biggest recent thing in their history was an near court case they had with Mrs Beckham over rights to use the name 'Posh'.

I agree.

---Krul---

Godsmark is out on loan and also injured.

Oh....yeah i ment Donaldson :huh:

I live about 10 miles from Peterborough but I'm still not going, Posh have got to have some of the most annoying staff and irritating local media going. I'd rather we put out a youth team for this one, we need to concentrate on the league imo and the less distractions outside of that and the fewer risks to first teamers the better.

You can believe Peterborough will be treating this like a cup final. They've got ideas way above their station so any win, even over our youth team, will be dished out as if they're good enough to win the Prem - it's funny though, their fans aren't usually that bad but the local media surrounding them and Darren Ferguson really give them an image of loving themselves too much. They're a nothing club, the biggest recent thing in their history was an near court case they had with Mrs Beckham over rights to use the name 'Posh'.

I was going through their city centre in my Toon shirt the other day, had lots of abuse "Who are ya", "you're not famous anymore" etc etc. Thought it was quite doyle-like since I was on my way to the Posh v WBA game and was actually supporting them and was there with my Posh supporting friends.

''You're not famous anymore''

Yet they still feel the need to shout at you from a distance and I'm sure our match against West Brom has the highest viewers of any televised match this season...(I think I heard that anyway)

I had the misfortune of being on the train to Birmingham for the Albion game with some Peterborough fans, they were going to Derby

Anyway, a few of them, round about 6 started chanting ''You're not famous anymore'' etc etc at me. I responded with ''Well, it'll still be your biggest game of the season won't it lads''.

Shut them right up, didnt hear another word from them for the rest of the trip.

But yeah, am going tomorrow night also, Charters, Cherry Tree, Peacock and Drapers Arms are apparently away fan friendly, colours etc, not sure which ones best but we'll see.

And to cap it all off, that cockend Adrian Durham supports them. I rest my case, m'lud.

I had the misfortune of being on the train to Birmingham for the Albion game with some Peterborough fans, they were going to Derby

Anyway, a few of them, round about 6 started chanting ''You're not famous anymore'' etc etc at me. I responded with ''Well, it'll still be your biggest game of the season won't it lads''.

Shut them right up, didnt hear another word from them for the rest of the trip.

But yeah, am going tomorrow night also, Charters, Cherry Tree, Peacock and Drapers Arms are apparently away fan friendly, colours etc, not sure which ones best but we'll see.

It's a shame because both Charters and the Cherry Tree used to be good pubs when I used to venture out that way on a night out, both still doing the live band thing. Couldn't tell you which pubs are away fan friendly tbh, in general Peterborough's a right shithole, full of chavs and immigrants (not that I'd expect the immigrants to be that bothered with the footy, there's just a lot of them). Good luck to those going, if anyone needs to know where anything is while you're there feel free to PM me.