Peterborough United 2-0 Newcastle United (League Cup R3)

Tom

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are people putting Vuckic down as a forward?

I know he came on as an injury time sub when there was no one else, but he plays left midfield normally — at least whenever I’ve seen him play for Slovenia U19s.

:huh: You get to many of their games like

well, the lengths I go too to watch a toon player! ;)

mainly the U19 tournament on Eurosport over the summer!

I know he came on as an injury time sub when there was no one else, but he plays left midfield normally — at least whenever I’ve seen him play for Slovenia U19s.

Plays LM, CM and STR doesnt he?

Thought upfront was his prefered role?

I'd even be tempted to rest Steven Taylor as well.

Agreed but would be a very raw back line. Suicide maybe.

Raylor---Tozer---Kadar---Tavernier

It's not like we need the extra games anyway though. And we've virtually no chance of winning the thing. Not saying I want to lose but I'd rather lose this match than lose another 1st team defender.

tbh, i'd rather we lost this and kept our first team squad intact than risk injuries to key players when the league is the most important thing. we can afford to take this competition seriously when we're in the top flight but it's all about promotion at all costs this year. put out all the kids

I’ve only seen him play the LM/CM role, seems a strong box to box player, reminded me of Gary Speed but bigger.

For Slovenia U19s, he was one of the few players who didn’t give the ball away unnecessarily and was more physical then the others even though he was 2-3 years younger. Confident enough to take shots from outside the box.

Looks ‘a player’ without being a fancy dan.

I’ve only seen him play the LM/CM role, seems a strong box to box player, reminded me of Gary Speed but bigger.

For Slovenia U19s, he was one of the few players who didn’t give the ball away unnecessarily and was more physical then the others even though he was 2-3 years younger. Confident enough to take shots from outside the box.

Definatly one for the future!

I would like to see him given a start tonight along with Kadar, Lua-Lua and Donaldson. And maybe Inman and Baheng off the bench.

I would like to see him given a start tonight along with Kadar, Lua-Lua and Donaldson. And maybe Inman and Baheng off the bench.

sold in the next transfer window more like if MA is still around!

sold in the next transfer window more like if MA is still around!

Certainly a possibility after the Bassong deal.

And with the likes of AC Milan and Real supposedly wanting him before we got him it could be hard to fight them off.

Fingers crossed though.

tbh, i'd rather we lost this and kept our first team squad intact than risk injuries to key players when the league is the most important thing. we can afford to take this competition seriously when we're in the top flight but it's all about promotion at all costs this year. put out all the kids

I understand what you and Geordie Lad are saying but I guarantee that if we are back in the top flight next season a lot of people will still not want to take the cup competitions seriously as no doubt they will then be saying survival is the priority and so it goes on.

For me the excitement of a cup game (particularly the FA Cup) beats the league games any day but if we and most other teams don't it seriously then it will soon be a thing of the past

I understand what you and Geordie Lad are saying but I guarantee that if we are back in the top flight next season a lot of people will still not want to take the cup competitions seriously as no doubt they will then be saying survival is the priority and so it goes on.

For me the excitement of a cup game (particularly the FA Cup) beats the league games any day but if we and most other teams don't it seriously then it will soon be a thing of the past

I know where your coming from bud, its a welcome break from league football and provides us with a "more realistic" chance of silverwear. However i truely beleive that once back in the PL it will again become a "serious" challenge to do well in the cups providing we have a big and strong enough squad to cope with the games without damaging our chances of survivol and progression in the league.

The cups are always important to us geordie's just this season it has to go on the back burner imo.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

TEAMS

PUFC: Joe Lewis, Russell Martin ©, Tom Williams, Craig Morgan, Gabriel Zakuani, Paul Coutts, Lee Frecklington, Aaron McLean, George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith, Toumani Diagouraga

Subs: Dean Keates, James McKeown, Tommy Rowe, Krystian Pearce, Jamie Day, Chris Whelpdale, Shaun Batt

NUFC: Tim Krul, James Tavernier, Ben Tozer, Steven Taylor ©, Ryan Taylor, Peter Lovenkrands, Danny Guthrie, Ryan Donaldson, Kazenga LuaLua, Haris Vuckic, Nile Ranger

Subs: Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Geremi, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ole Soderberg, Brad Inman, Shane Ferguson

:huh:

TEAMS

PUFC: Joe Lewis, Russell Martin ©, Tom Williams, Craig Morgan, Gabriel Zakuani, Paul Coutts, Lee Frecklington, Aaron McLean, George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith, Toumani Diagouraga

Subs: Dean Keates, James McKeown, Tommy Rowe, Krystian Pearce, Jamie Day, Chris Whelpdale, Shaun Batt

NUFC: Tim Krul, James Tavernier, Ben Tozer, Steven Taylor ©, Ryan Taylor, Peter Lovenkrands, Danny Guthrie, Ryan Donaldson, Kazenga LuaLua, Haris Vuckic, Nile Ranger

Subs: Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Geremi, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ole Soderberg, Brad Inman, Shane Ferguson

Bold move but i like it! Suprised that Tozer made the team ahead of Kadar though.

Radio says it will be...

---Krul---

Tavernier---Saylor---Tozer---Raylor

Lua-Lua---Donaldson--Guthrie--Lovenkrands---

---Ranger---Vuckic---

Hmmm.....i thought the fullbacks where the other way around?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Think i read an interview with him and he sees himself as an attacking and goal scoring midfielder but also happy playing off a striker up front, and it sounds like potentially he will have the ability to play both those roles.

Is this on the radio?

Radio Newcastle 95.4 bud

Think i read an interview with him and he sees himself as an attacking and goal scoring midfielder but also happy playing off a striker up front, and it sounds like potentially he will have the ability to play both those roles.

Where could i find this article fella?

TEAMS

Now thats the exactly the kind of line-up i wanted to see. Rest and protect the senior players from injury for the important league matches, at the same time give the kids some mucyh needed game time for experience because they're sure as hell going to be called on at times this season and i'd rather they had a game or two under their belts.

I think he was always going to keep one senior defender in their to hold them together and with Colo carrying a knock it was going to be Taylor, Lovenkrands needs games to get fit and i expected Guthrie to play because for some reason he's seen as second choice behind Barton so was likely to feature in this match!

Is this on the radio?

Radio Newcastle 95.4 bud

Where could i find this article fella?

God knows!! I think it was a while back so won't be around to view now, and was from the newsnow website where they link to any and every toon related story and i just glanced through it, but i'm pretty sure he said he was a midfielder who expected himself to score a good few goals and also thought he could play up with a striker.