Diouf underlines his class again...

Jimbo

Diouf in ball-boy probe

Blackburn forward El-Hadji Diouf has been interviewed by police following allegations made by a ball-boy at Goodison Park.

Everton ran out 3-0 winners in a dominant display as former Liverpool player Diouf was subject to a series of boos from the home crowd.

The winger was seemingly involved in a verbal altercation with a ball-boy during the first half of the game after the youngster appeared to throw an out-of-play ball towards him with particular venom.

The Senegalese international then directed words towards the individual bringing sarcastic cheers from the Everton faithful.

Diouf then suffered further abuse from home fans, and again when he went to take two corners in the area of the original incident.

After the match police interviewed Diouf at the stadium before the Blackburn team left the ground.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "We are looking into an allegation that a 28-year-old man used racist language at the Everton match today."

Why am I not surprised? :razz:

Although to be fair the ballboy sounds like a mong. I remember when I was ballboy at SJP we were given some massive lecture before the game about how we were expected to conduct ourselves and not lose sight of the fact we were representing the club.

Mind you, didn't stop Mel Sterland yelling "oi you little fucking shit, throw me the ball!" Maybe this ballboy reacted where I didn't :o

Why am I not surprised? :razz:

Although to be fair the ballboy sounds like a mong. I remember when I was ballboy at SJP we were given some massive lecture before the game about how we were expected to conduct ourselves and not lose sight of the fact we were representing the club.

Mind you, didn't stop Mel Sterland yelling "oi you little fucking shit, throw me the ball!" Maybe this ballboy reacted where I didn't :o

Did you know that Mel Sterland was an extra on 'The Lord of the Rings' film? He apparently earned himself a bonus for not needing make-up whilst playing an Orc.

Diouf now claims he was the target of racist abuse from Everton fans, which the club has strongly denied.

Responding to the initial allegation, the 28-year-old told Senegalese media: "I'm no racist" and made claims that Everton fans threw bananas at him.

But Everton insisted the Blackburn player was being investigated for alleged racial abuse of a 14-year-old ball boy - adding there was no police probe concerning banana-throwing.

Officers immediately scoured the area next to the pitch and in the stands but no bananas were found. No pictures have surfaced to back up his claim either.

Playing the race card to deflect attention, what a wanker.

Diouf now claims he was the target of racist abuse from Everton fans, which the club has strongly denied.

Responding to the initial allegation, the 28-year-old told Senegalese media: "I'm no racist" and made claims that Everton fans threw bananas at him.

But Everton insisted the Blackburn player was being investigated for alleged racial abuse of a 14-year-old ball boy - adding there was no police probe concerning banana-throwing.

Officers immediately scoured the area next to the pitch and in the stands but no bananas were found. No pictures have surfaced to back up his claim either.

Playing the race card to deflect attention, what a wanker.

Even if bananas were thrown, does that justify racially abusing a kid?

FWIW I don't remember John Barnes ever reacting when Everton fans (most certainly DID) throw bananas at him.

Why am I not surprised? ;)

Mind you, didn't stop Mel Sterland yelling "oi you little fucking shit, throw me the ball!" Maybe this ballboy reacted where I didn't :huh:

Did you know that Mel Sterland was an extra on 'The Lord of the Rings' film? He apparently earned himself a bonus for not needing make-up whilst playing an Orc.

Diuof (sp) would make a great character in Dr Who. No need for makeup either.

Assuming that Diouf's claims are baseless then shouldn't he be facing a further charge?

Should be banned for a long time, that sort of thing is taking it too far and just undermines any racial abuse that many actually happen.

• 3 years later...