Who's your favourite foreign team?

Guest Stevie

Bit bent and am sure we've done similar before but who's your favourite foreign team.

I went to Bilbao in 1994 and their people not just the fans the people of Bilbao were probably the most hospitable I've ever seen and the San Memes was a joy to behold. Still though they all support ETA, most of them anyway which makes them no better than Celtic fans in some regards.

Watched a lot of European football lately, most of it is boring as fuck. Germany I find the football there dull as ditchwater, as are the fans, all the songs seem to be planned little spontaneity, and I don't see the passion there. The games are shit though as I said. Italy worst football on earth at this present moment, can't think of one interesting thing about Italian footballs, probably the earths most cuntish fans, France you get an exciting game out of Marseille now and then and a good atmosphere at the Velodrome, dutch bit like german with marginally better fans, and over the last five years english football has become predictable I feel.

The most entertaining league in the world is Spain. If I'm in, and not too pissed, I'll watch any Spanish game, Villarreal always give you a good game, Real Madrid are a bit more interesting these days arrogant cunts though as are Barcelona, even a mid table Betis v Bilbao can provide some entertainment, but for me I really really like Sevilla. Their crowd are fucking fantastic, that Bonnie Tyler song they sing for 90 minutes is great, their team totally inconsistent but brilliant, you see their games and you racismo e stupido banners, for me I don't support the club in anyway but Sevilla are a great club who I like a lot.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy Barcelona but I wouldn't say I support them, I just find their brand of football the most appealing to the eye, its the way football should be played.

I enjoy Barcelona but I wouldn't say I support them, I just find their brand of football the most appealing to the eye, its the way football should be played.

What he said!

Think the Ibrahimovic, Eto'o will turn out a very good move.

Same here, i've never bothered with second teams or foreign teams, but when you watch a team like Barca playing the sort of football i want to see at its best you have to admire it.

What he said!

Looking like a horrendous move at the minute. Ive seen 3 or 4 Barca games this season and hes fluffed chances in all of them

What he said!

Looking like a horrendous move at the minute. Ive seen 3 or 4 Barca games this season and hes fluffed chances in all of them

Granted but the quality of the lad will show through in that side.

this

had a soft spot for lazio since 99/00 when I always used to be them on championship manager :huh:

Advocating having a favourite team besides Newcastle Stevie? :huh:

FWIW Barcelona :rolleyes:

And at the other end of the scale stick Inter Milan. Fucking hate them! My Dad told me about the Fairs Cup the year we won in and how they came to SJP and their fans caused a fucking riot. Massimo Moratti is a cunt of all cunts, I won't forgive the carry on at SJP in the CL when they made sure Bellamy walked either.

And to top it all off they got a shit load of money off us for Martins & Emre ;)

Not really (Bordeaux don't really count as they're my second team anyway)

Had teams I enjoyed watching down the years but it changes. Always liked Real in Spain but I'm torn now as they have Kaka who is class but also CR the crying little twat.

I really really like Sevilla. Their crowd are fucking fantastic, that Bonnie Tyler song they sing for 90 minutes is great, their team totally inconsistent but brilliant, you see their games and you racismo e stupido banners, for me I don't support the club in anyway but Sevilla are a great club who I like a lot.

I like Sevilla too. As you say the fans are great. I guess you know about the Biris Norte, probably the most famous supporter group in Spain. An antirasist, antifascist group of fans who create a great atmosphere at the games. Have you been down there to see a game?

PAOK, PSV and Inter Milan from other countries, I don't check the scores or anything like that, but PAOK, I just love their fans tbh, they play in black and white and their from the NE of Greece. :huh:

Not really sure why because of PSV and Inter Milan, but in essence, I've got 'respect' or a soft spot for them.

Edited by 1892

What he said!

Apart from Francesco Totti the most overrated player of the last 25 years.

I really really like Sevilla. Their crowd are fucking fantastic, that Bonnie Tyler song they sing for 90 minutes is great, their team totally inconsistent but brilliant, you see their games and you racismo e stupido banners, for me I don't support the club in anyway but Sevilla are a great club who I like a lot.

I like Sevilla too. As you say the fans are great. I guess you know about the Biris Norte, probably the most famous supporter group in Spain. An antirasist, antifascist group of fans who create a great atmosphere at the games. Have you been down there to see a game?

No I would like to one weekend we;re not playing though, you can feel the positive unique vibe in that stadium, and their OB battered Tottenham so it's all good.

PAOK, PSV and Inter Milan from other countries, I don't check the scores or anything like that, but PAOK, I just love their fans tbh, they play in black and white and their from the NE of Greece. :huh:

Not really sure why because of PSV and Inter Milan, but in essence, I've got 'respect' or a soft spot for them.

I remember when they beat Arsenal in the 90s, the whole stadium was like it was on speed, never seen anything like it.

Just looked them up on Youtube, and one of the first videos what came up was:

:huh:

The surfer is massive!

What he said!

4 in 4 for Barcelona so far, not bad for Serie A's top goal scorer last season :huh: