Who's your favourite foreign team?

Guest Stevie

for me it's Borussia Monchengladbach, one of my Dads friends used to work for the armed forces and their local team was BM, he came home with this huge scarf for me, i was only about 8 and look out for their results, went to a game about 5 years back and their ground is in a right posh area.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick question to the A-League followers here (and I'm one of them): Do you think that the standard of footy is worse from the last few seasons?

As a Glory supporter, I have to agree that we've won despite our playing but that a win is a win.

However, overall, I don't think that the quality is any better or worse than the last few years (and at least the competition is closer) ... and yet the crowd levels are really down at the moment.

I think scheduling might have something to do with it, and very soon it may get better with the finish of the AFL and NRL seasons.

Just throwing the question out there.

I'm a Victory supporter, been to a few games this year and crowds have definitely been down so far, but I think it is due to the AFL and NRL seasons and also that we haven't really had any of the big crowd pulling matches v. Syd and Adelaide. Would be surprised if crowd numbers don't pick up in the coming weeks. Don't think the quality has varied at all though, although i've sat through some fairly ordinary games this year.

what's an average for attendances , lads?

I think Victory's for last season was about 27,500 which is the highest for the league, the rest were anywhere between 7 and 13,000.

Second teams? Favourite foreign? London team? Scottish? Italian?

Sorry like but no.

I like football, I can enjoy a good game between Real Madrid and Barca. I can glory at the skills of the samba like brazilians and marvel at the Italians but frankly while it's on I couldn't give a shit who's playing or get bothered by a result.

There's only one club I could ever care what happens to, one team I give a monkeys about and they're anything but foreign

Sorry like but no.

I like football, I can enjoy a good game between Real Madrid and Barca. I can glory at the skills of the samba like brazilians and marvel at the Italians but frankly while it's on I couldn't give a shit who's playing or get bothered by a result.

There's only one club I could ever care what happens to, one team I give a monkeys about and they're anything but foreign

Come on then, on tenterhooks here. :D

Edited by trophyshy

Sorry like but no.

Come on then, on tenterhooks here.

I bet you it's Partick Thistle.