Interest in Beckford?

wykikitoon

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see how he performs against Manure this weekend in the FA Cup.

I can imagine Man United putting out a youth side and still tearing Leeds to pieces.

Just quoting these for good measure.

For all against the singing, who the fuck else would come to the club with the way it is? Top of the league sure, but not Premiership. A club run by retards in the second division means you take what you can get, and all three of Beckford, Boyd and Chopra would be useful in this league. Worry about the next level if or when we get promoted.

Will be interesting to see how he performs against Manure this weekend in the FA Cup.

I can imagine Man United putting out a youth side and still tearing Leeds to pieces.

For all against the singing, who the fuck else would come to the club with the way it is? Top of the league sure, but not Premiership. A club run by retards in the second division means you take what you can get, and all three of Beckford, Boyd and Chopra would be useful in this league. Worry about the next level if or when we get promoted.

... you're not 'singing' any more? :D

Hence ''Cup Shock'' :D

He looked pretty dangerous against ManUre.

I'd be tempted to take a chance on him although that would break my rule of signing someone with a neck tattoo. He also plays on the last shoulder and his movement looked good so maybe he can get on the end of some flick ons. Looked very quick.

I'd be tempted to take a chance on him although that would break my rule of signing someone with a neck tattoo. He also plays on the last shoulder and his movement looked good so maybe he can get on the end of some flick ons. Looked very quick.

the thing is, despite what steve says, we have to be thinking PL next year, will his movement be good enough then?

I think anyone would take an exchange of Geremi for Beckford (though they're completely different positions of course). If Hughton wants him and Ashley's prepared to greenlight the move I think we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and should move for him. If it doesn't work out we're in a better position than we were with Geremi (lower wages, younger player) and I'm sure there would be plenty of interest from other Championship (or League one) clubs who want a proven scorer at that level that we could sell him on to without losing any/much money if things don't work out.

It has been reported that a deal has already been agreed with Newcastle to take Beckford, who has scored 20 goals this season, to St James' Park this month as his contract expires in the summer.

But Grayson insists he wants to keep the forward and will only agree to sell for an amount of money that cannot be ignored. "There are three scenarios," said the Leeds boss.

"He can either sign a new contract now, or we can keep him until the end of the season and he leaves then. The worst-case scenario is that we are offered some money now that is too good to turn down."

"But we would have to have replacements lined up if that was to happen."

Grayson added: "Today he showed what he is all about. He worked hard for the team and got his opportunity," said Grayson. "That is five goals in the last three games now. That is a big commodity.

"We are not looking to sell him but money talks with any player. I knew as soon as the window opened there would be a lot of talk about him."

"We don't want him to leave unless it is the best thing for him and, long term, the football club. But, if we do let him go, we won't let him go on the cheap."

Hes got 21 seconds to go........

My mother would of scored against Man Ure last night. Thats the worst Ive seen them play in years!

Still dont want the useless fuck

He scored against Manure.

case closed then

Stop being so pedantic. :D

Manure played badly, Leeds played well. Beckford looked dangerous against them. Simple.

Buying any striker is a risk, especialy one that looks like he thrives on good service from midfield and is "just" a finisher. Both things in short supply at NUFC.

We are gonna have to take that risk on someone and Beckford seems to fit with what we need/can afford.

Andy Cole or DJCampbell... time will tell I suppose!

Newcastle%20United%20v%20Leicester%20City.jpeg

"I wasn't at Old Trafford to see Jermaine and there is no deal done yet. All we can say is that we're working very hard on bringing in new players and I am very confident we will get them.

"We have to be patient and there is a long month ahead of us, but we won't panic. His profile now goes up because the game was on TV.

But everybody knows that this is just one game and whether he'd done well or badly, he would still be a talented player. He's one of a few players we are interested in."

Guest Stevie
He said: "Jermaine is doing a great job for Leeds, the fans love him, and he is already with the biggest club he'll ever play for.

"Let's face it, Leeds are far bigger than Newcastle, so Jermaine should stay at Elland Road and become a real hero there."

Lookk at this cunt in the paper at the weekend "Allan Clarke" aka Deluded McDeludedson, I think when you have people who's brains are so twisted, I think there should be a Logan's Run style cull on old useless cunts with nothing to offer but unbelivably misguided musings as above. It's not even an argument you old cunt. Leeds :D