Interest in Beckford?

wykikitoon

Fat fuck is going to micro manage every deal to squeeze every saving he can out of it...even if it means all our targets falling by the wayside. Just like (as has been mentioned) Modric. Imagine, the £5m wasted on Xisco that could have gone towards Modric. He has no idea.

He's a cunt.

In a nut-shell!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat fuck is going to micro manage every deal to squeeze every saving he can out of it...even if it means all our targets falling by the wayside. Just like (as has been mentioned) Modric. Imagine, the £5m wasted on Xisco that could have gone towards Modric. He has no idea.

He's a cunt.

In a nut-shell!

Quibbling with Bates over pocket change is what he is in this for, happy as a pig in shit iyam. The buzz for him is whether he can prize a few quid off his opposite number on the board, not on the pitch.

Guest Stevie
It's a very strange transfer this to say the least. A lot of Leeds fans are saying he's not that good, most are desperate for him to stay, and state he's at the biggest club he'll ever play for ;) , while a lot of our fans myself included don't think he's good enough for a club like us. I certainly don't, he is not even the top scorer in division three, and we are interested in him. In 15 years we've went from breaking world transfer records to signing strikers from Barcelona and Inter Milan, to courting Division Three players from non entity clubs. If that doesn't encapsulates the demise of this club then I don't know what does.

Whether it encapsulates it or not, it's reality. The question which needs to be asked is not necessarily "is he good enough?" but more "is he an improvement on what we have?" IMO he most definitely is.

I can't imagine any of either Shola, Carroll or Goomba creating the opportunity that Beckford did at OT on Sunday. You an argue his 1st touch was toss, you can say his finish was shite but that fact of the matter is, he made a run, outpaced a Premiership defender and stuck the ball in the net.

With all due respect Stevie, you (and all the rest of us tbh) need to stop living in the past. Those days are long gone and it'll be quite some time (if at all!) before we can dream about seeing them again.

What? By believing even now, we should be targeting better players than Beckford. We are going up, even if we play shit we are going up, and once up our stock and financial status is no better than Everton, that's how far we've fallen, now would say Everton look at a player like him? I doubt it.

It's a very strange transfer this to say the least. A lot of Leeds fans are saying he's not that good, most are desperate for him to stay, and state he's at the biggest club he'll ever play for ;) , while a lot of our fans myself included don't think he's good enough for a club like us. I certainly don't, he is not even the top scorer in division three, and we are interested in him. In 15 years we've went from breaking world transfer records to signing strikers from Barcelona and Inter Milan, to courting Division Three players from non entity clubs. If that doesn't encapsulates the demise of this club then I don't know what does.

Whether it encapsulates it or not, it's reality. The question which needs to be asked is not necessarily "is he good enough?" but more "is he an improvement on what we have?" IMO he most definitely is.

I can't imagine any of either Shola, Carroll or Goomba creating the opportunity that Beckford did at OT on Sunday. You an argue his 1st touch was toss, you can say his finish was shite but that fact of the matter is, he made a run, outpaced a Premiership defender and stuck the ball in the net.

With all due respect Stevie, you (and all the rest of us tbh) need to stop living in the past. Those days are long gone and it'll be quite some time (if at all!) before we can dream about seeing them again.

What? By believing even now, we should be targeting better players than Beckford. We are going up, even if we play shit we are going up, and once up our stock and financial status is no better than Everton, that's how far we've fallen, now would say Everton look at a player like him? I doubt it.

Who do you think we should be looking at, Stevie?

I ask, because I can't see anyone taking a drop down from the PL and not many in this league look decent to me.

Guest Stevie

Who do you think we should be looking at, Stevie?

I ask, because I can't see anyone taking a drop down from the PL and not many in this league look decent to me.

I don't think we should sign a striker in this window, loan yes, but I don't think we should buy. If Beckford struggles for 5 months in this league, Hughton is going to look rather silly when we're in the Premiership.

Fair enough, I'd hope we could sell him to a League 1 club without a huge loss.

the fear at the minute is the best players we could attract, are Harewood/Beckford/Healy.

If we did get a striker or defender in, I'd like to see Ranger/Kadar sent out on loan.

the fear at the minute is the best players we could attract, are Harewood/Beckford/Healy.

If we did get a striker or defender in, I'd like to see Ranger/Kadar sent out on loan.

;)

We're ridiculously low in numbers. Especially defenders, I can't see any use in putting Kadar out on loan. Our reserves are about the same quality as any of the lower league teams that might take an interest.

He outpaced a young lad with very little Premiership experiance IIRC? It wasnt Wes Brown who he outpaced was it? Who for the record is gash too.

Well get the fucking cheque book out and break the bank!

Yes we do need to realise where we are now, but we are top of a WANK league as it is with Shola & Nolan scoring. I say we give Ranger and some of the other lads a chance rather than thrown £1.5m away.

Now, if you think were going to buy him for £1.5m, get promoted and then sell him for £5m then I think youre wrong IMO of course. Why would a team do that? Why dont they just come in for him now? or when he is out of contract?

Chris Hughton....

"What I have been told is I will be backed very much at board level. But of course what I am conscious of is that any player you bring in has a value and I have to work within the parameters that way. But that's normal and that's the way to do our business."

;)

He's been told he'll be backed, but the evidence is clear that he won't be.

Simon Cox cost WBA £1.9M from league one just 6 months back, so if Ashley is refusing to budge from £1.5m he's clearly refusing to invest at the going rate even within the parameters of league one, despite all the talk of making a fist of it in the Premier League.

Edited by Happy Face

He outpaced a young lad with very little Premiership experiance IIRC? It wasnt Wes Brown who he outpaced was it? Who for the record is gash too.

Yes we do need to realise where we are now, but we are top of a WANK league as it is with Shola & Nolan scoring. I say we give Ranger and some of the other lads a chance rather than thrown £1.5m away.

Now, if you think were going to buy him for £1.5m, get promoted and then sell him for £5m then I think youre wrong IMO of course. Why would a team do that? Why dont they just come in for him now? or when he is out of contract?

it was wes brown............

Well I am wrong then, I still wouldnt put him up there with Terry & Co would you?

He was GASH in that match too.

Chris Hughton....

"What I have been told is I will be backed very much at board level. But of course what I am conscious of is that any player you bring in has a value and I have to work within the parameters that way. But that's normal and that's the way to do our business."

;)

He's been told he'll be backed, but the evidence is clear that he won't be.

Simon Cox cost WBA £1.9M from league one just 6 months back, so if Ashley is refusing to budge from £1.5m he's clearly refusing to invest at the going rate even within the parameters of league one, despite all the talk of making a fist of it in the Premier League.

Donny got £2m for Matthew Mills after they won League One too....and he's a centre back.

It's blatantly the going rate.

Except for there being only 6 months to go on his contract, they are taking the piss. :icon_lol:

Edited by Happy Face

Well I am wrong then, I still wouldnt put him up there with Terry & Co would you?

Capello and Ferguson highly rate him.

Capello and Ferguson highly rate him.

Yes, and Capello also rates SWP!

;)

We're ridiculously low in numbers. Especially defenders, I can't see any use in putting Kadar out on loan. Our reserves are about the same quality as any of the lower league teams that might take an interest.

well if they were sent somewhere that you knew they'd train with nufc occassionally, play every week and have the option to recall, then I fail to see the problem. Surely Kadar would learn more playing regular footy, than warming our bench?

If Ranger was to go out and get some games, would we really miss his 1 goal?

Knew you'd overlook the point of my post completely and turn it around to suit this scenario.

No, not about a better player than another at all - I mean by harking on to the days when we were courting players from the cream of Europe. It was nice when it lasted but it's gone - finitio. Enjoy the memories for the forseeable future but it's unfair to compare what we can attract today with what we could attract 5 years ago.

Same Wes Brown who has 5 premier league winners medals? ;)

The whole point is we wouldn't be breaking the bank would we? Ashley's net transfer income is far greater than £2m.

As for outpacing Wes Brown we we can guarantee Shola & Harewood wouldn't have managed it and I doubt if Carroll had that he'd have the composure to finish as well. Do I think we'd make money on Jermaine Beckford? No do I fuck but I doubt we'll make a significant loss like we did with Owen - definitely not.

Signing him would be an improvement on what we've got and if you can't see that, you need your head examining...

And some England caps does he not?

Seriously Wykiki, if your rating of Beckford equals that of Brown, I'd be quite chuffed if we signed him.

and despite all his injuries in the past is still fuckin quick?

we're desperate for some pace in the team and that shows how quick beckford is imo!

I see what youre saying Craig, but he aint an improvment on what we have IMO.

He has pace, wow. Thats it. Shit first touch, he has zero vision,cant pass and his attitude stinks.

As for Wes Brown and winner medals etc, does that mean Sun Ji Park or however the fuck its spelt is any good? NO!