Interest in Beckford?

wykikitoon

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't a penalty

also the commentator at the end "theres not a neutral in the land who will mind that leeds cup run continues"

now correct me if im wrong but aren't leeds on of the most widely disliked clubs that there is?

wasn't a penalty

also the commentator at the end "theres not a neutral in the land who will mind that leeds cup run continues"

now correct me if im wrong but aren't leeds on of the most widely disliked clubs that there is?

True, but you're allowed to support them in games like that now they're crap and are massive underdogs :)

I'd rather had got Boyd than Beckford, but I doubt very much we'll sign either

So, we bid £1.8m and Bates turned it down, fair play to them for wanting to keep hold of the lad scoring for them at the mo but I don't think he's worth much more than what we offered.

I am not sure if he will be a top player but his pace is good and his desire to score goals is good. At any level of football a player like that who wants to get behind defenders and has such pace is a good outlet and worth a punt. He def has a few attributes that we lack where we rely far too much on Guittierez. Find it hard to believe that people would not take him and accept he is better than Ameobi and Carroll or getting Harewood on loan again.

I am not sure if he will be a top player but his pace is good and his desire to score goals is good. At any level of football a player like that who wants to get behind defenders and has such pace is a good outlet and worth a punt. He def has a few attributes that we lack where we rely far too much on Guittierez. Find it hard to believe that people would not take him and accept he is better than Ameobi and Carroll or getting Harewood on loan again.

agree. he offers a valuable commodity we don't have at the moment - pace. whether he could do it in the top flight remains to be seen but we need to get to the top flight first. i can't believe people on here were turning their noses up at the prospect of him joining. not that it matters now, we can add him to the long list of players that have turned us down recently.

My concerns come from talking to a collegue whis is a Leeds season ticket holder and watches them home and away.

Whilst he is their top scorer, he needs loads of chances per game to convert 1 / 2. Leeds create loads at the minute as the have the attacking players to do so. My concern is that we dont. Whilst I agree we need pace, I think we are more desparate for pace on the wings rather than a pacy forward who's conversion rate is around 1 in 8, 1 in 10. My collegue also feels he isn't good enough for the top level.

I've never seen him play, so I can only go off whay I've been told by someone who has - lots.

My other concern is that if we spunk 2mil on a forward, we wont spunk 2+mil on anyone else and we really need some pace & creativity in midfield. If I thought for a second we'd spend enough to buy both then I'd be a lot more positive about the Beckford option.

My concerns come from talking to a collegue whis is a Leeds season ticket holder and watches them home and away.

Whilst he is their top scorer, he needs loads of chances per game to convert 1 / 2. Leeds create loads at the minute as the have the attacking players to do so. My concern is that we dont. Whilst I agree we need pace, I think we are more desparate for pace on the wings rather than a pacy forward who's conversion rate is around 1 in 8, 1 in 10. My collegue also feels he isn't good enough for the top level.

I've never seen him play, so I can only go off whay I've been told by someone who has - lots.

My other concern is that if we spunk 2mil on a forward, we wont spunk 2+mil on anyone else and we really need some pace & creativity in midfield. If I thought for a second we'd spend enough to buy both then I'd be a lot more positive about the Beckford option.

looks like we'll buy neither tbh

exactly what I've been told too. Find it hard to believe Leeds fans could be so choosy though being in the 3rd division etc, but 2m quid is peanuts for a footballer especially when he has attributes we lack and we are trying to secure a promotion spot.

Edited by LeazesMag

Echoes of a certain Andrew Cole who in 1993 brought characteristics to an already successful side which were evidently missing at the time (i.e. pace & clinical finishing).

IIRC some questioned the signing of Cole saying it was a lot of money for a player who was largely unproven at our level and had failed at the level above us. Yet signing for us proved to be the making of him and suddenly the world sat up and took noticed agreeing we'd got him at a snip.

Write off Beckford at your peril IMO. He'll either be in the Premiership next season or a top-end Championship club. And if he proves successful, we'll be absolutely kicking ourselves.....

Echoes of a certain Andrew Cole who in 1993 brought characteristics to an already successful side which were evidently missing at the time (i.e. pace & clinical finishing).

IIRC some questioned the signing of Cole saying it was a lot of money for a player who was largely unproven at our level and had failed at the level above us. Yet signing for us proved to be the making of him and suddenly the world sat up and took noticed agreeing we'd got him at a snip.

Write off Beckford at your peril IMO. He'll either be in the Premiership next season or a top-end Championship club. And if he proves successful, we'll be absolutely kicking ourselves.....

Agreed but I just can't see it happening, besides we've not exactly missed out on him due to some fans not wanting him, hes not here now because mike ashley is too cheap to shell out for someone from a league one club for a promotion push to the PL