Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

Keegan has reportedly turned down a £4m offer to settle. Will you feel a bit short changed if we get him for 8 months and he takes 3 years worth of wages, considering it'll be coming straight out of the club? Does he really need the full contract paying up, is £4m not enough?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as a fan, it'll be coming straight out of your pocket. 3 years wages for 8 months work, paid for by mine and yours hard-earned. No bitterness at all?

Compared to Allardyce, Souness et al? Not really, no.

But as a fan, it'll be coming straight out of your pocket. 3 years wages for 8 months work, paid for by mine and yours hard-earned. No bitterness at all?

Compared to Allardyce, Souness et al? Not really, no.

But they went because they were shit, and worth paying off for the good of the football. This way, it's us as a club picking up the bill for a dispute between the fat cunt, the dwarf and the dummy-spitter. £4m send-off for 8 months work is perfectly fine, why continue for as much as you can get if you 'love the club', considering the position it's in?

To be honest, we've no idea how much he's been offered, if anything. Where's the £4m come from? But he's in dispute with his former employer and that's who he is taking to court. Either way, I think it's worth waiting for the outcome of the tribunal first.

To be honest, we've no idea how much he's been offered, if anything. Where's the £4m come from? But he's in dispute with his former employer and that's who he is taking to court. Either way, I think it's worth waiting for the outcome of the tribunal first.

£4m comes from The Times admittedly, but all the same, I like Keegan as much as the next fan but it's like he can do no wrong around here. He deserves something for the exit he was forced into but for him to sit and try and take as much as he can from the club is not something that sits particularly well with me.

£4m comes from The Times admittedly, but all the same, I like Keegan as much as the next fan but it's like he can do no wrong around here. He deserves something for the exit he was forced into but for him to sit and try and take as much as he can from the club is not something that sits particularly well with me.

Who's saying he can do no wrong? All I was saying is if it turns out the tribunal deems he was wrongfully dismissed he'll be entitled to it. If he has been offered £4m Ashley can't exactly be confident he's going to win, can he? Also, if KK just took the money, those already against him would no doubt say that proved he was only interested in the cash (since it would certainly only be given under the strict condition that he kept quiet in public about what really happened).

Once you hand your money over it's Ashley's because he owns the club lock, stock and barrel. It's him I feel short-changed by. He's the one who's made the profit on transfers despite getting advance ST sales for 3 years etc.

If he'd been sacked he'd have gotten it in full, just like every other manager does, including Allardyce. If he wins his case he's entitled to it.

Only managers whose agents specifically included a clause about termination and hence only the big managers with a strong bargaining position can demand this. Termination clauses are common but 'the whole amount of the contract to be paid on early termination' must be quite rare.

If he can prove constructive dismissal, then i think that invokes the law as well as the specifics of the contract. If he can prove this, then he is entitled to a hell of a lot of money. Whether its good for the club or not is irrelevant at this point since proving constructive dismissal is basically saying that they were such cunts towards him they were breaking their side of the employment contract and the payment becomes a form of punishment (in the eyes of the law).

Notoriously difficult to prove though.

Who's saying he can do no wrong? All I was saying is if it turns out the tribunal deems he was wrongfully dismissed he'll be entitled to it. If he has been offered £4m Ashley can't exactly be confident he's going to win, can he? Also, if KK just took the money, those already against him would no doubt say that proved he was only interested in the cash (since it would certainly only be given under the strict condition that he kept quiet in public about what really happened).

Aye, that's the bit I was referring to when I asked the question :huh:

Aye, that's the bit I was referring to when I asked the question :huh:

"it's like" suggests that nobody SAID he could do no wrong, alex...