Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

I think it's a bit daft being on the side of one man in legal action against the football club you support. Takes the 'Messiah' status to a ridiculous level. I love him for what he did for the club, but if he wants to drag it through the courts for financial gain, I'm on the club's side. Every time.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us will be able to say for sure until the case is heard but I think they were expecting Keegan to accept terms that contradicted what was written in his contract and when he challenged them on it they replied "tough shit - live with it!"

I think the 'reported' offer to Keegan only helps to strengthen that suggestion. After all, if he was working within the terms of his contract, why the need to offer him an out of court settlement? ;)

Maybe the settlement offer was made to encourage a quick sale of the club or something? Who knows. He's seen the opportunity to quit and get his contract paid up before he actually did it, and then taken that opportunity. If he cared about the club as much as is claimed, I think he could have made more of an attempt to address the situation.

Are you actually looking for debate with this thread or are you simply wanting us to agree with you?

Prick.

Evidently the latter :huh:

I think it's a bit daft being on the side of one man in legal action against the football club you support. Takes the 'Messiah' status to a ridiculous level. I love him for what he did for the club, but if he wants to drag it through the courts for financial gain, I'm on the club's side. Every time.

Whereas Ashley has dragged us through 2 years of utter shite for 2 years and sold off the decent players we had for financial gain. Still on his side?

'The club' is rotten to the core and I don't support 'the club' at the present time, I support the 11 players who turn out on the pitch and the management / coaching team.

This 'club' is very different to the one that Keegan managed over a decade ago. Keegan however, hasn't. I support him all the way.

Personally I expected either the club to win this case or that they would settle out of court simply because I can't believe that Keegans contract could be so detailed in its description that the fact other people recruited players behind his back could entitle him to legally claim unfair dismissal.

I do think Keegan is in the right however, I just didn't personally see how this could work legally but the fact that the club offered such a large settlement and Keegan has refused makes me think someone must seriously think he has a good case.

If he does win, which I believe he should, I'd like to see him donate a large portion of it to a charity of some sort or a football acadamy in newcastle or something like that.

The "we don't buy players so I don't care' crack is a bit shit, does the worrying trend of making profits in the windows make anyone else worry that more players will be sold to reimburse Ashley should he lose this case?

It's not going to make any difference. Ashley has been trying to sell anything and everything anyway, I don't see why that would change regardless of the outcome of this case.

I've no doubt if he loses and if he's still here at Christmas he'll use the KK case as an excuse for shipping out one or two more saleable assets but the past 18 months have told me that's the norm for MA. It would just be another empty excuse.

I wouldn't care if Keegan was in the wrong, and I don't think he is. He's Keegan.

This

What about this though?

??????

Agree with tom that 4 mills a lot of money and agree with Steve that keegan can basically do know wrong in my eyes.

Ideally If he has been offered 4 mill I would urge him to take it only because I would hate to see him "ruined" by Ashley.

If Barry Moat has any football sense he will appoint keegan and not Shearer. That would nicely draw a line and make the world right again.

He'd appoint neither.

I wouldn't care if Keegan was in the wrong, and I don't think he is. He's Keegan.

This

What about this though?

??????

Agree with tom that 4 mills a lot of money and agree with Steve that keegan can basically do know wrong in my eyes.

Ideally If he has been offered 4 mill I would urge him to take it only because I would hate to see him "ruined" by Ashley.

If Barry Moat has any football sense he will appoint keegan and not Shearer. That would nicely draw a line and make the world right again.

Tom said KK turning it down was a piss-take though and you agreed. Seems contradictory but then again, it is you so you probably didn't think it about it much :huh:

£4m comes from The Times admittedly, but all the same, I like Keegan as much as the next fan but it's like he can do no wrong around here. He deserves something for the exit he was forced into but for him to sit and try and take as much as he can from the club is not something that sits particularly well with me.

[ ] Likes keegan as much as the next fan

[x]Doesnt like Keegan as much as the next fan

But as a fan, it'll be coming straight out of your pocket. 3 years wages for 8 months work, paid for by mine and yours hard-earned. No bitterness at all?

Compared to Allardyce, Souness et al? Not really, no.

But they went because they were shit, and worth paying off for the good of the football. This way, it's us as a club picking up the bill for a dispute between the fat cunt, the dwarf and the dummy-spitter. £4m send-off for 8 months work is perfectly fine, why continue for as much as you can get if you 'love the club', considering the position it's in?

To be honest, we've no idea how much he's been offered, if anything. Where's the £4m come from? But he's in dispute with his former employer and that's who he is taking to court. Either way, I think it's worth waiting for the outcome of the tribunal first.

£4m comes from The Times admittedly, but all the same, I like Keegan as much as the next fan but it's like he can do no wrong around here. He deserves something for the exit he was forced into but for him to sit and try and take as much as he can from the club is not something that sits particularly well with me.

If you like KK "as much as the next fan" why are you disrespecting him in your post immediately prior to this one? Don't refer to the man who has done more for this club than anyone else in most of our lifetimes as "the dummy-spitter" :lol:

But as a fan, it'll be coming straight out of your pocket. 3 years wages for 8 months work, paid for by mine and yours hard-earned. No bitterness at all?

But they went because they were shit, and worth paying off for the good of the football. This way, it's us as a club picking up the bill for a dispute between the fat cunt, the dwarf and the dummy-spitter. £4m send-off for 8 months work is perfectly fine, why continue for as much as you can get if you 'love the club', considering the position it's in?

"and the dummy-spitter"

Were you around at the time KK pulled us up from the shit as a player or manager? I just can't understand any Mag coming out with that shit who was there then. Wether you think he walked a bit prematurely is one thing, but to call him a dummy spitter? Fucking talksport and the likes of cabbage-head Woolnough really must get into some peoples minds. I'd expect that from brain dead sheep supporting another club.

"and the dummy-spitter"

Were you around at the time KK pulled us up from the shit as a player or manager? I just can't understand any Mag coming out with that shit who was there then. Wether you think he walked a bit prematurely is one thing, but to call him a dummy spitter? Fucking talksport and the likes of cabbage-head Woolnough really must get into some peoples minds. I'd expect that from brain dead sheep supporting another club.

well said

He can still do no wrong in my eyes, and even if that weren't the case, he's not done wrong here. I know that it will be NUFC that loses, not Ashley, but it would be good for him to win the case just to show the world that this 'bottler' reputation is a load of shit and he was in the right here. Another black eye for Fat Mike, although he'll be too thick to realise it.

"and the dummy-spitter"

well said

Agree 100%, some of my fellow Toon fans really worry me sometimes! :lol:

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Something I cant understand in all this is when people say that KK shouldnt take the money from the club hes "supposed to love".

I cant remember anywhere reading or hearing him say that he "loved the club" in the way that gets portrayed. I cant remember any single game he attended as a fan, cant remember him waxing lyrically about how he "would do anything for this football club". He loved his time here theres no denying that, I well believe we would always have been his first choice to return to but he was never a fan as you and I are.

For that reason alone hes entitled to every penny he gets, he took a job under a set contract, if that job didnt turn out to match the contract and he was compromised professionally then he had every right to walk out and sue them. JUst as I would have if my employer did things that were against my contract.

If he was wrong then the tribunal will tell that and we'll all know it, if Fat Mike has offered a shitload of cash to make it go away then he knows hes screwed and in the wrong.

Whereas Ashley has dragged us through 2 years of utter shite for 2 years and sold off the decent players we had for financial gain. Still on his side?

'The club' is rotten to the core and I don't support 'the club' at the present time, I support the 11 players who turn out on the pitch and the management / coaching team.

This 'club' is very different to the one that Keegan managed over a decade ago. Keegan however, hasn't. I support him all the way.

I am not on Ashley's side. I am on the club's side. Because I support Newcastle United, not Kevin Keegan.

That's right folks, the dummy-spitter. Yes I remember the first stint as manager, and i remember him leaving. I remember his second stint and I remember him leaving. I appreciate what he's done for us but why does he always seem to leave in shock circumstances?

Something I cant understand in all this is when people say that KK shouldnt take the money from the club hes "supposed to love".

I cant remember anywhere reading or hearing him say that he "loved the club" in the way that gets portrayed. I cant remember any single game he attended as a fan, cant remember him waxing lyrically about how he "would do anything for this football club". He loved his time here theres no denying that, I well believe we would always have been his first choice to return to but he was never a fan as you and I are.

For that reason alone hes entitled to every penny he gets, he took a job under a set contract, if that job didnt turn out to match the contract and he was compromised professionally then he had every right to walk out and sue them. JUst as I would have if my employer did things that were against my contract.

If he was wrong then the tribunal will tell that and we'll all know it, if Fat Mike has offered a shitload of cash to make it go away then he knows hes screwed and in the wrong.

The law doesn't always dictate accurately what's right and wrong. Legally, he may be in the right. But who's to say he hasn't seen a legal opportunity to leave and get his contract paid up and pounced on it?

That's right folks, the dummy-spitter. Yes I remember the first stint as manager, and i remember him leaving. I remember his second stint and I remember him leaving. I appreciate what he's done for us but why does he always seem to leave in shock circumstances?

I thought when he left the first time it was because the club was about to be floated as a plc and they insisted he sign a new contract for x number of years, which he didnt want to do (fair enough). I also recall reading somewhere that it was the 7-1 thrashing of tottenham when he realised his heart wasnt quite in it anymore.

Surely the reason for his second departure is well documented.

He 'didn't like the direction the club was going in' was a quote I remember the first time. Well, it went into a decade of champions league and european football Kevin, but I'm sure your reason for leaving was perfectly valid.

The law doesn't always dictate accurately what's right and wrong. Legally, he may be in the right. But who's to say he hasn't seen a legal opportunity to leave and get his contract paid up and pounced on it?

didnt he meet up with Ashley in London after he had walked out and agree to come back if Wise went?

I don't know, did he? I can remember the meeting but anything that went on in it was kept pretty well hidden if I recall.