Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

Fair enough. Well I think I'm done putting my p.o.v across. It's hilarious the shit and abuse you get for offering a different opinion on the Keegan scenario that doesn't keep him on his Messiah pedestal though :lol:

It's a bit sad to peddle this line. Personally I just want to know the truth about what happened, I'm reserving judgement till then.

You've worn out the 'unconvincing smiley' btw :spit:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Well I think I'm done putting my p.o.v across. It's hilarious the shit and abuse you get for offering a different opinion on the Keegan scenario that doesn't keep him on his Messiah pedestal though :lol:

It's a bit sad to peddle this line. Personally I just want to know the truth about what happened, I'm reserving judgement till then.

If it was Big Sam in the same scenario as Keegan he'd be getting head hunted by a group lead by Stevie. You all know it's true.

If it was Big Sam in the same scenario as Keegan he'd be getting head hunted by a group lead by Stevie. You all know it's true.

:spit:

Two differences with that though, firstly Sam had done fuck all for us, ever. Secondly Sam was given cash to spend using his own limited transfer knowledge whereas Keegan wasn't.

... just why do you have such a thing against Keegan? You know you're wrong, so I can only assume you're on the wind up and maybe not even a Toon fan or you're just plain retarded. :spit:

Two differences with that though, firstly Sam had done fuck all for us, ever. Secondly Sam was given cash to spend using his own limited transfer knowledge whereas Keegan wasn't.

... just why do you have such a thing against Keegan? You know you're wrong, so I can only assume you're on the wind up and maybe not even a Toon fan or you're just plain retarded. :spit:

He's from a Sunderland area, I've long canvassed for IP bans on people from these areas.

Are you a mong? I know there's differences between Sam and Keegan. That's why I said "If it was Big Sam in the same scenario". Have you actually got a brain, or are you so wound up at the idea of Keegan being criticised that you just choose to ignore what I write and decide to dribble on about nothing?

In fact now I think about it, why would you prefer to take the word of an obviously lying scumbag like Ashley after all he's done, over the word of a man who has always told the truth in the past and only done his best for Newcastle Utd?

In fact now I think about it, why would you prefer to take the word of an obviously lying scumbag like Ashley after all he's done, over the word of a man who has always told the truth in the past and only done his best for Newcastle Utd?

What the fuck are you on about?

Can't you just draw a line under this Hova? You obviously aren't going to get the answer you want. You could always pm MattM4 and Sima for a bit of moral support after all.

Are you a mong? I know there's differences between Sam and Keegan. That's why I said "If it was Big Sam in the same scenario". Have you actually got a brain, or are you so wound up at the idea of Keegan being criticised that you just choose to ignore what I write and decide to dribble on about nothing?

Well obviously it's difficult to concentrate on the constant shite you spout, I don't think I can be blamed for that - the majority of your drivel isn't worth reading :spit:

Can't you just draw a line under this Hova? You obviously aren't going to get the answer you want. You could always pm MattM4 and Sima for a bit of moral support after all.

I've already tried before this nobhead started talking shit

Very much in the style of Sima too. Says "hardlys" clearly a South Tyneside/Wearside attention seeker. I'm going to adopt your approach and ignore him.

He's from a Sunderland area, I've long canvassed for IP bans on people from these areas.

I've got 3 league clubs closer to me than Sunderland.

I've already tried before this nobhead started talking shit

:lol:

Mike Ashley is a genius

Fri Sep 25 09:00AM

'Shrewd' is not a word widely used to characterise Mike Ashley's time as Newcastle owner, but he has pulled off a stroke of PR genius in his legal battle with Kevin Keegan.

Keegan wants up to £25 million from Newcastle following his acrimonious departure from St James' Park last autumn.

But Ashley has let it leak that such a settlement could force the club into administration.

A Toon 'source' said: "Keegan is crazy. Does he really want to bankrupt Newcastle?

"For a bloke who says he loves the club, this is all very, very strange."

Keegan quit in protest at a management structure that saw Dennis Wise sign absolute duffers like Fabricio Coloccini, Xisco and Nacho Gonzalez without his knowledge.

He wants the remainder of his £9m contract paid up and is also claiming for future earnings.

Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of 'Cockney Mafia Out' banner-waving Geordies sided with Keegan, but the prospect of a 10-point penalty and huge financial upheaval changes things significantly.

Ashley has cleverly shifted the debate away from the real issue of whether Keegan was constructively dismissed and deserves compensation.

Instead, the question is now what will happen to the club if Keegan does get a big payout - and whether King Kev really wants to push the Toon over the brink.

Ironically, by taking Newcastle to the brink of ruin since Keegan's departure, Ashley has thus managed to strengthen his position in the fight against his ex-manager.

Maybe he's cannier than he gets credit for...

:lol:

Sorry pissed, but............

As I understand it if we go into administration Mike Ashley loses as shit load of money, and then the administrator will sell the club to the person/group/institution who best demonstrate the funds and ability to safeguard the employees, and run the business as a going concern.

I would take a ten point deduction for that scenario - especially as our unexpected start to the season means we probably wouldn't go down.

I genuinely believe that the club is in mortal danger until Ashley leaves.

Unfortunately I think that the administration talk is nothing more than Ashley insulting our intelligence again, I think we are stuck with the cunt

Oh and Hova -fuck off to NO you clueless cunt, you havent got any intelligence to insult. If I could be made to feel embarrassed to support the toon it would be by ignorant fuckwits like you. its bad enough the newspapers peddling this shit, but so-called Newcastle fans, it makes me sick

How can you say to to me at the end of one of the shittest posts I've ever read. You would take a 10 point deduction? I'm not supporting Ashley at all, my only point is that Keegan winning can have NO positive effects for us as a club. You're a hard case like, are you a bouncer here. Should I leave now? :)

Yes I would take a ten point deduction if it meant that Ashley was out and we had someone decent running the club. That to me is a positive effect of Keegan winning.

No Im not a bouncer

Yes Leave now

WE WON'T BID FOR THE CLUB WHEN THEY ARE TOP BUT OOOOH, LOOK! THEY'VE BEEN DEDUCTED 10 POINTS AND PROBABLY WON'T BE GOING UP THIS YEAR. LETS WHACK A BID IN!

Or not. Tit.

You must be on the wind up, you can't really be this dim. I can't beleive I have to explain this but the administrators wouldnt be asking for £100 million for the club. pillock. Be a bit easier to find a buyer if your not setting a ridiculous price

Because Ashley is going to let administrators sell the club for him for less than he wants :D

I don't think you understand how administration works. Actually i dont think you understand anything

Just when I thought I was out he pulled me back in

As I understand it if we go into administration Mike Ashley loses as shit load of money, and then the administrator will sell the club to the person/group/institution who best demonstrate the funds and ability to safeguard the employees, and run the business as a going concern.

I would take a ten point deduction for that scenario - especially as our unexpected start to the season means we probably wouldn't go down.

Unfortunately I think that the administration talk is nothing more than Ashley insulting our intelligence again, I think we are stuck with the cunt

Oh and Hova -fuck off to NO you clueless cunt, you havent got any intelligence to insult. If I could be made to feel embarrassed to support the toon it would be by ignorant fuckwits like you. its bad enough the newspapers peddling this shit, but so-called Newcastle fans, it makes me sick

How can you say to to me at the end of one of the shittest posts I've ever read. You would take a 10 point deduction? I'm not supporting Ashley at all, my only point is that Keegan winning can have NO positive effects for us as a club. You're a hard case like, are you a bouncer here. Should I leave now? :)

Yes I would take a ten point deduction if it meant that Ashley was out and we had someone decent running the club. That to me is a positive effect of Keegan winning.

No Im not a bouncer

Yes Leave now

WE WON'T BID FOR THE CLUB WHEN THEY ARE TOP BUT OOOOH, LOOK! THEY'VE BEEN DEDUCTED 10 POINTS AND PROBABLY WON'T BE GOING UP THIS YEAR. LETS WHACK A BID IN!

Or not. Tit.

You must be on the wind up, you can't really be this dim. I can't beleive I have to explain this but the administrators wouldnt be asking for £100 million for the club. pillock. Be a bit easier to find a buyer if your not setting a ridiculous price

Because Ashley is going to let administrators sell the club for him for less than he wants :D

This is quite possibly the most stupid post I have read. Which is saying something with the competition going in here for the title.

No Im not a bouncer

Yes Leave now

Or not. Tit.

This is quite possibly the most stupid post I have read. Which is saying something with the competition going in here for the title.

He won't fucking put it into administration is my point you couple of cock-ends. I know exactly how it works.

Simon Bird --- Mirror

What a coincidence that on the day Kevin Keegan’s tribunal battle with Mike Ashley ended, quotes appear from a “club source“ saying Keegan is crazy, and claiming the club will be forced into administration if he wins a pay out of up to £25 million.

Surely that would send the Toon Army into a panic, and get them railing against their ex-manager and hero?

Not likely. The Geordie fans are not stupid. They can spot a piece of devious, conniving spin aimed at trashing Keegan and the good reputation he earned from a thrilling playing and managerial career at St James’s Park.

Anyone remember the “club source" who claimed Keegan was mad 12 months ago, saying his transfer wish list was a joke and like fantasy football?

Or the club source who briefed a year ago that Ashley would not be appointing Alan Shearer because it would be like putting a graduate trainee in charge of his Sport Direct business?

If this is how nasty it gets in public, imagine how heated, abusive and vindictive it got between Keegan and Ashley’s cronies in private or via email.

The latest attempt to discredit Keegan was being peddled around the North East last week and the people who fell for it should be showing more insight into the financial affairs of the club, and the agendas of those involved.

Keegan has every right to claim damages for being forced out through a tribunal. It is what any worker is entitled to do if they’d been treated unfairly.

To claim he is trying to force the club into administration - resulting in a ten point deduction - is ludicrous.

Remember one man who said as much during the summer. MD Derek Llambias himself, who said: “There is absolutely no truth in the story whatsoever. It’s ridiculous, it’s usually based on a rumour and I don’t know where these things are hatched.”.

Well, most of us anyway :lol:

Taken from part of a column in the Times:

After he dragged Newcastle off their knees, I loved 1992-93, when the side shimmered with neat, quick, triangular football and were promoted as champions. I loved it because Keegan urged supporters to gaze at the stars and believe anything was possible. I love it even more now, because so much of football feels hemmed in. I loved it that the glorious mania prompted rogue sightings of Roberto Baggio in Wallsend chipshops.

I loved it when Keegan opened Newcastle’s training ground to fans and hundreds of them turned up. From a professional point of view, I loved it that he welcomed reporters to Maiden Castle every day, where they could tap players on the shoulder and, if they agreed, talk to them. From a personal point of view, I loved it because one of those players became my best man, even if our friendship lasted longer than my marriage.

I loved hearing about Keegan’s powers of persuasion, convincing Robert Lee that Newcastle was closer to London than Middlesbrough and then moulding him into an England international. I didn’t care that his tactical prowess was mocked, because he made players feel like gods and somehow prompted them to overachieve. I loved his unshakeable faith in attacking football.

I loved the headlong tilts at the title, the acquisitions of Les Ferdinand, David Ginola and Shearer. I wish that Newcastle had grasped the championship ahead of Manchester United, although I loved that season anyway and never winning anything but singing regardless is now ingrained as a defining feature of those born with a black-and-white lifetime sentence.

I didn’t love it when he took his leave of Tyneside in 1997, although I understood it. In the space of five years, the club had been transformed beyond all recognition and in the rush to embrace the City, they would be transformed further. I never loved the Hall or Shepherd families, although like many people, I was blindsided by the ambition, the changes to the ground and convinced myself that the shares, dividends and salaries were forgivable.

In the face of widespread bewilderment - including my own - I loved it when Keegan came back to Gallowgate in January 2008. Anybody who was present in the city on that heady day will have felt something similar; a veil lifting, eyes opening, hearts beating. It had not been that way for a very long time and this was a reminder that football could be fun, impetuous, beautiful, mad.

For similar reasons, I loved it when Keegan said the following in an interview with this newspaper: “I want people to dream about their football club. They should, we should all be dreamers at heart. Some people are the opposite and say ‘we can’t do that’, but when you ask them why, they can’t give a reason. Well, I say, ‘Why not?’”. He talked about “unfinished business” and I think he believed he could charm and cajole Mike Ashley.

I detested the way Keegan was treated. Having embraced Geordie sentimentality and appointed a man who dealt in dreams, Ashley strapped his manager into a straitjacket. He brought in Dennis Wise as executive director (football), roles were not defined with any clarity, Keegan was slapped down in public and ultimately left when - allegedly - players were signed without his approval. It was nonsensical and, this time, not in a good way.

The last 12 months have not been kind to Keegan, but that is not his fault. When Sam Allardyce was sacked as manager, his contract was settled within days, but a dispute over whether Keegan resigned or was pushed has meant a long, bitter process. As Newcastle struggled and then suffered relegation, it was natural that some sympathy would swing against him, although he has not been able to speak out. He remained silent in the face of briefings against him.

Keegan stood up for principle; managers should manage. The man Ashley hired might have been weathered by his experiences with England - I would term his decision to step down as honest, not weak - but he had always used his power as a bargaining chip (Freddy Shepherd claims to have letters of resignation from him framed on his toilet wall). For better or worse, he then stood up for what he thinks he is owed.

What I hate is that a day before the Premier League arbitration panel which has been hearing Keegan’s case was due to break up and consider their verdict, a story leaked that Newcastle would be threatened with administration should their former employer win. Derek Llambias, the managing director, had already stated publicly that such a measure was not being considered and the timing felt both risible and transparent.

A source close to the takeover saga at Newcastle (some doubt the veracity of ‘sources’ or ‘insiders’, but there are people who will only speak to journalists on the basis of anonymity - honest), insists that Keegan’s claim is not a concern within Seymour Pierce, the bank charged with handling the club’s sale, and that Barry Moat’s bid is ongoing. But 12 months on - four after their demotion - and suddenly administration is an issue!

For all their heartening success on the field since August, Newcastle is still a club being run by men asleep at the wheel, full of contradiction and questions; a club where ‘Malaysian’ businessmen, who Seymour Pierce said had made no contact with them, can be shown around the ground, where Ashley and Llambias can heap praise on Shearer and then let him dangle. And too many other things, whether before or afterwards.

I will love Kevin Keegan whatever result the independent panel come to. I will love him for reasons which Ashley and Llambias could never understand, because he gave uplift to Newcastle, hope and inspiration, he made a region sparkle and people smile. I do not, for a single moment, suggest that he is perfect, but his team came close to perfection. If circumstances ever allow it, I would love to think he’ll discuss it all.

I love him because of something Robson once wrote. “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

He has human flaws. He might, indeed, have material interests. But Keegan always dealt in love.

Says it all for me, if anyone doesn't agree then I really struggle with the idea that they're fans of Newcastle Utd - that's just my own opinion though and probably a bit extreme.

Edited by Armchair Pundit