Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

Llambias is a fucking total cunt. He should get as much abuse as Ashley, blatantly deceiving the Newcastle public and attempting to sour Keegan's reputation fucking arsehole.

Now that it's in the open, will Ashley distance himself from Llambias?

It had been reported that he was going to replace him, or is it more likely that Llambias is just the monkey to Ashleys organ grinder. I'd say the latter.

• 1 month later...
Keegan joins Newcastle with personal finances in trouble.

Keegan leaves Newcastle because a scout signed him two full Argentina internationals and Xisco (wonder why when Tevez and Mascherano came to West Ham, their manager didn't leave and sue)

Keegan leaves and sues.

Time to take off the rose-tinted ones lads. Can anyone remember a case where a player has been signed without the managers consent and where the manager has quit and taken legal action? The boardroom interference at transfer level scenario has happened in football for a long time, so why is Keegan the one setting this legal precedent?

You've shot yourself in the foot there, and no doubt you've copied a pasted that from another site, but....Curbishley resigned and a large reason for that was interference from above. He resigned from West Ham with 6 points from 9 games.

Also separate issue but Coloccini and Jonas, clearly in the same class as Tevez and Mascherano too eh :nufc:

Ok, hardlys 'shot myself in the foot' Curbishly walked, did he go with his entire contract paid up for constructive dismissal? Or did he walk with dignity?

Looks like Thompers was talking bollocks yet again... :huh:

Curbishley wins case over Hammers

Former manager Alan Curbishley has won his case for wrongful dismissal against West Ham.

A Premier League managers' arbitration tribunal upheld Curbishley's claim after he left the top-flight club in September 2008.

Curbishley resigned after defenders Anton Ferdinand and George McCartney were sold against his wishes.

The tribunal, which dismissed a counterclaim by the Hammers, has yet to decide on the amount of compensation.

"I am obviously delighted with this result," said Curbishley.

"I very much enjoyed my time at West Ham and never wanted to leave, but on joining the club I insisted that my contract contained a clause confirming that I would have final say on the selection of players to be transferred to and from the club.

"The club completely ignored my contract when selling Anton Ferdinand, and when George McCartney was then sold, the club having given me assurances that no players would be leaving the club after the sale of Anton Ferdinand, I had no alternative but to resign.

"My authority and integrity were undermined and my position was made untenable. I now wish to put this entire matter behind me."

The former Charlton boss, who joined West Ham in December 2006, launched his case after the Hammers counterclaimed for the cost of employing Curbishley's successor Gianfranco Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke.

"Naturally we are delighted with the outcome for Alan but, at the same time, sorry that he wasn't able to continue at West Ham United, a club that has played such a prominent part in his professional career both as a player and manager," said League Managers' Association Richard Bevan.

"The findings of the tribunal demonstrate the critical importance of respecting contracts which need to set out the roles and responsibilities of the parties in clear and unequivocal terms."

More to follow.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8340584.stm