Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

Sorry pissed, but............

As I understand it if we go into administration Mike Ashley loses as shit load of money, and then the administrator will sell the club to the person/group/institution who best demonstrate the funds and ability to safeguard the employees, and run the business as a going concern.

I would take a ten point deduction for that scenario - especially as our unexpected start to the season means we probably wouldn't go down.

I genuinely believe that the club is in mortal danger until Ashley leaves.

Unfortunately I think that the administration talk is nothing more than Ashley insulting our intelligence again, I think we are stuck with the cunt

Oh and Hova -fuck off to NO you clueless cunt, you havent got any intelligence to insult. If I could be made to feel embarrassed to support the toon it would be by ignorant fuckwits like you. its bad enough the newspapers peddling this shit, but so-called Newcastle fans, it makes me sick

How can you say to to me at the end of one of the shittest posts I've ever read. You would take a 10 point deduction? I'm not supporting Ashley at all, my only point is that Keegan winning can have NO positive effects for us as a club. You're a hard case like, are you a bouncer here. Should I leave now? :)

Yes I would take a ten point deduction if it meant that Ashley was out and we had someone decent running the club. That to me is a positive effect of Keegan winning.

No Im not a bouncer

Yes Leave now

WE WON'T BID FOR THE CLUB WHEN THEY ARE TOP BUT OOOOH, LOOK! THEY'VE BEEN DEDUCTED 10 POINTS AND PROBABLY WON'T BE GOING UP THIS YEAR. LETS WHACK A BID IN!

Or not. Tit.

You must be on the wind up, you can't really be this dim. I can't beleive I have to explain this but the administrators wouldnt be asking for £100 million for the club. pillock. Be a bit easier to find a buyer if your not setting a ridiculous price

Because Ashley is going to let administrators sell the club for him for less than he wants :D

I don't think you understand how administration works. Actually i dont think you understand anything

Just when I thought I was out he pulled me back in

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it if we go into administration Mike Ashley loses as shit load of money, and then the administrator will sell the club to the person/group/institution who best demonstrate the funds and ability to safeguard the employees, and run the business as a going concern.

I would take a ten point deduction for that scenario - especially as our unexpected start to the season means we probably wouldn't go down.

Unfortunately I think that the administration talk is nothing more than Ashley insulting our intelligence again, I think we are stuck with the cunt

Oh and Hova -fuck off to NO you clueless cunt, you havent got any intelligence to insult. If I could be made to feel embarrassed to support the toon it would be by ignorant fuckwits like you. its bad enough the newspapers peddling this shit, but so-called Newcastle fans, it makes me sick

How can you say to to me at the end of one of the shittest posts I've ever read. You would take a 10 point deduction? I'm not supporting Ashley at all, my only point is that Keegan winning can have NO positive effects for us as a club. You're a hard case like, are you a bouncer here. Should I leave now? :)

Yes I would take a ten point deduction if it meant that Ashley was out and we had someone decent running the club. That to me is a positive effect of Keegan winning.

No Im not a bouncer

Yes Leave now

WE WON'T BID FOR THE CLUB WHEN THEY ARE TOP BUT OOOOH, LOOK! THEY'VE BEEN DEDUCTED 10 POINTS AND PROBABLY WON'T BE GOING UP THIS YEAR. LETS WHACK A BID IN!

Or not. Tit.

You must be on the wind up, you can't really be this dim. I can't beleive I have to explain this but the administrators wouldnt be asking for £100 million for the club. pillock. Be a bit easier to find a buyer if your not setting a ridiculous price

Because Ashley is going to let administrators sell the club for him for less than he wants :D

This is quite possibly the most stupid post I have read. Which is saying something with the competition going in here for the title.

No Im not a bouncer

Yes Leave now

Or not. Tit.

This is quite possibly the most stupid post I have read. Which is saying something with the competition going in here for the title.

He won't fucking put it into administration is my point you couple of cock-ends. I know exactly how it works.

Simon Bird --- Mirror

What a coincidence that on the day Kevin Keegan’s tribunal battle with Mike Ashley ended, quotes appear from a “club source“ saying Keegan is crazy, and claiming the club will be forced into administration if he wins a pay out of up to £25 million.

Surely that would send the Toon Army into a panic, and get them railing against their ex-manager and hero?

Not likely. The Geordie fans are not stupid. They can spot a piece of devious, conniving spin aimed at trashing Keegan and the good reputation he earned from a thrilling playing and managerial career at St James’s Park.

Anyone remember the “club source" who claimed Keegan was mad 12 months ago, saying his transfer wish list was a joke and like fantasy football?

Or the club source who briefed a year ago that Ashley would not be appointing Alan Shearer because it would be like putting a graduate trainee in charge of his Sport Direct business?

If this is how nasty it gets in public, imagine how heated, abusive and vindictive it got between Keegan and Ashley’s cronies in private or via email.

The latest attempt to discredit Keegan was being peddled around the North East last week and the people who fell for it should be showing more insight into the financial affairs of the club, and the agendas of those involved.

Keegan has every right to claim damages for being forced out through a tribunal. It is what any worker is entitled to do if they’d been treated unfairly.

To claim he is trying to force the club into administration - resulting in a ten point deduction - is ludicrous.

Remember one man who said as much during the summer. MD Derek Llambias himself, who said: “There is absolutely no truth in the story whatsoever. It’s ridiculous, it’s usually based on a rumour and I don’t know where these things are hatched.”.

Simon Bird --- Mirror

What a coincidence that on the day Kevin Keegan’s tribunal battle with Mike Ashley ended, quotes appear from a “club source“ saying Keegan is crazy, and claiming the club will be forced into administration if he wins a pay out of up to £25 million.

Surely that would send the Toon Army into a panic, and get them railing against their ex-manager and hero?

Not likely. The Geordie fans are not stupid. They can spot a piece of devious, conniving spin aimed at trashing Keegan and the good reputation he earned from a thrilling playing and managerial career at St James’s Park.

Anyone remember the “club source" who claimed Keegan was mad 12 months ago, saying his transfer wish list was a joke and like fantasy football?

Or the club source who briefed a year ago that Ashley would not be appointing Alan Shearer because it would be like putting a graduate trainee in charge of his Sport Direct business?

If this is how nasty it gets in public, imagine how heated, abusive and vindictive it got between Keegan and Ashley’s cronies in private or via email.

The latest attempt to discredit Keegan was being peddled around the North East last week and the people who fell for it should be showing more insight into the financial affairs of the club, and the agendas of those involved.

Keegan has every right to claim damages for being forced out through a tribunal. It is what any worker is entitled to do if they’d been treated unfairly.

To claim he is trying to force the club into administration - resulting in a ten point deduction - is ludicrous.

Remember one man who said as much during the summer. MD Derek Llambias himself, who said: “There is absolutely no truth in the story whatsoever. It’s ridiculous, it’s usually based on a rumour and I don’t know where these things are hatched.”.

Well, most of us anyway :lol:

Taken from part of a column in the Times:

After he dragged Newcastle off their knees, I loved 1992-93, when the side shimmered with neat, quick, triangular football and were promoted as champions. I loved it because Keegan urged supporters to gaze at the stars and believe anything was possible. I love it even more now, because so much of football feels hemmed in. I loved it that the glorious mania prompted rogue sightings of Roberto Baggio in Wallsend chipshops.

I loved it when Keegan opened Newcastle’s training ground to fans and hundreds of them turned up. From a professional point of view, I loved it that he welcomed reporters to Maiden Castle every day, where they could tap players on the shoulder and, if they agreed, talk to them. From a personal point of view, I loved it because one of those players became my best man, even if our friendship lasted longer than my marriage.

I loved hearing about Keegan’s powers of persuasion, convincing Robert Lee that Newcastle was closer to London than Middlesbrough and then moulding him into an England international. I didn’t care that his tactical prowess was mocked, because he made players feel like gods and somehow prompted them to overachieve. I loved his unshakeable faith in attacking football.

I loved the headlong tilts at the title, the acquisitions of Les Ferdinand, David Ginola and Shearer. I wish that Newcastle had grasped the championship ahead of Manchester United, although I loved that season anyway and never winning anything but singing regardless is now ingrained as a defining feature of those born with a black-and-white lifetime sentence.

I didn’t love it when he took his leave of Tyneside in 1997, although I understood it. In the space of five years, the club had been transformed beyond all recognition and in the rush to embrace the City, they would be transformed further. I never loved the Hall or Shepherd families, although like many people, I was blindsided by the ambition, the changes to the ground and convinced myself that the shares, dividends and salaries were forgivable.

In the face of widespread bewilderment - including my own - I loved it when Keegan came back to Gallowgate in January 2008. Anybody who was present in the city on that heady day will have felt something similar; a veil lifting, eyes opening, hearts beating. It had not been that way for a very long time and this was a reminder that football could be fun, impetuous, beautiful, mad.

For similar reasons, I loved it when Keegan said the following in an interview with this newspaper: “I want people to dream about their football club. They should, we should all be dreamers at heart. Some people are the opposite and say ‘we can’t do that’, but when you ask them why, they can’t give a reason. Well, I say, ‘Why not?’”. He talked about “unfinished business” and I think he believed he could charm and cajole Mike Ashley.

I detested the way Keegan was treated. Having embraced Geordie sentimentality and appointed a man who dealt in dreams, Ashley strapped his manager into a straitjacket. He brought in Dennis Wise as executive director (football), roles were not defined with any clarity, Keegan was slapped down in public and ultimately left when - allegedly - players were signed without his approval. It was nonsensical and, this time, not in a good way.

The last 12 months have not been kind to Keegan, but that is not his fault. When Sam Allardyce was sacked as manager, his contract was settled within days, but a dispute over whether Keegan resigned or was pushed has meant a long, bitter process. As Newcastle struggled and then suffered relegation, it was natural that some sympathy would swing against him, although he has not been able to speak out. He remained silent in the face of briefings against him.

Keegan stood up for principle; managers should manage. The man Ashley hired might have been weathered by his experiences with England - I would term his decision to step down as honest, not weak - but he had always used his power as a bargaining chip (Freddy Shepherd claims to have letters of resignation from him framed on his toilet wall). For better or worse, he then stood up for what he thinks he is owed.

What I hate is that a day before the Premier League arbitration panel which has been hearing Keegan’s case was due to break up and consider their verdict, a story leaked that Newcastle would be threatened with administration should their former employer win. Derek Llambias, the managing director, had already stated publicly that such a measure was not being considered and the timing felt both risible and transparent.

A source close to the takeover saga at Newcastle (some doubt the veracity of ‘sources’ or ‘insiders’, but there are people who will only speak to journalists on the basis of anonymity - honest), insists that Keegan’s claim is not a concern within Seymour Pierce, the bank charged with handling the club’s sale, and that Barry Moat’s bid is ongoing. But 12 months on - four after their demotion - and suddenly administration is an issue!

For all their heartening success on the field since August, Newcastle is still a club being run by men asleep at the wheel, full of contradiction and questions; a club where ‘Malaysian’ businessmen, who Seymour Pierce said had made no contact with them, can be shown around the ground, where Ashley and Llambias can heap praise on Shearer and then let him dangle. And too many other things, whether before or afterwards.

I will love Kevin Keegan whatever result the independent panel come to. I will love him for reasons which Ashley and Llambias could never understand, because he gave uplift to Newcastle, hope and inspiration, he made a region sparkle and people smile. I do not, for a single moment, suggest that he is perfect, but his team came close to perfection. If circumstances ever allow it, I would love to think he’ll discuss it all.

I love him because of something Robson once wrote. “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

He has human flaws. He might, indeed, have material interests. But Keegan always dealt in love.

Says it all for me, if anyone doesn't agree then I really struggle with the idea that they're fans of Newcastle Utd - that's just my own opinion though and probably a bit extreme.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Daily mail

Newcastle's hapless chief executive Derek Llambias was behind the ridiculous scare story - promoted by David Craig of Sky Sports News - that suggested being forced to pay £25m to former manager Kevin Keegan could send the club into administration.

Keegan's compensation claim has put the sale of the club on hold, with likely buyer Barry Moat well advanced in negotiations until the distraction. Meanwhile, the latest redundancy at Newcastle is programme editor Paul Tully after 14 years service.

The times

RECOMMEND?

The result of Kevin Keegan's long-running case against Newcastle United is expected today with the Premier League arbitration panel which has been gathering evidence about his controversial departure from St James' Park last year set to issue its verdict.

Keegan, who is adamant that he was effectively forced from his role as manager after players were allegedly signed without his agreement, has been pressing for compensation of £8m to cover the three years which remained on his contract. In response, Newcastle have argued that he broke his terms of employment by walking out.

Suggestions that a sizeable award being made to Keegan could push Newcastle, who were relegated at the end of last season, into administration have been dismissed by City sources, but even the suggestion has caused a delay in the prospective sale of the club, a process which has been both painstaking and delicate.

Attempts by Barry Moat and his consortium to complete a takeover of Newcastle remain ongoing, but the Tyneside businessman has been awaiting the panel's decision before proceeding further.

• 1 month later...
Keegan joins Newcastle with personal finances in trouble.

Keegan leaves Newcastle because a scout signed him two full Argentina internationals and Xisco (wonder why when Tevez and Mascherano came to West Ham, their manager didn't leave and sue)

Keegan leaves and sues.

Time to take off the rose-tinted ones lads. Can anyone remember a case where a player has been signed without the managers consent and where the manager has quit and taken legal action? The boardroom interference at transfer level scenario has happened in football for a long time, so why is Keegan the one setting this legal precedent?

You've shot yourself in the foot there, and no doubt you've copied a pasted that from another site, but....Curbishley resigned and a large reason for that was interference from above. He resigned from West Ham with 6 points from 9 games.

Also separate issue but Coloccini and Jonas, clearly in the same class as Tevez and Mascherano too eh :nufc:

Ok, hardlys 'shot myself in the foot' Curbishly walked, did he go with his entire contract paid up for constructive dismissal? Or did he walk with dignity?

Looks like Thompers was talking bollocks yet again... :huh:

Curbishley wins case over Hammers

Former manager Alan Curbishley has won his case for wrongful dismissal against West Ham.

A Premier League managers' arbitration tribunal upheld Curbishley's claim after he left the top-flight club in September 2008.

Curbishley resigned after defenders Anton Ferdinand and George McCartney were sold against his wishes.

The tribunal, which dismissed a counterclaim by the Hammers, has yet to decide on the amount of compensation.

"I am obviously delighted with this result," said Curbishley.

"I very much enjoyed my time at West Ham and never wanted to leave, but on joining the club I insisted that my contract contained a clause confirming that I would have final say on the selection of players to be transferred to and from the club.

"The club completely ignored my contract when selling Anton Ferdinand, and when George McCartney was then sold, the club having given me assurances that no players would be leaving the club after the sale of Anton Ferdinand, I had no alternative but to resign.

"My authority and integrity were undermined and my position was made untenable. I now wish to put this entire matter behind me."

The former Charlton boss, who joined West Ham in December 2006, launched his case after the Hammers counterclaimed for the cost of employing Curbishley's successor Gianfranco Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke.

"Naturally we are delighted with the outcome for Alan but, at the same time, sorry that he wasn't able to continue at West Ham United, a club that has played such a prominent part in his professional career both as a player and manager," said League Managers' Association Richard Bevan.

"The findings of the tribunal demonstrate the critical importance of respecting contracts which need to set out the roles and responsibilities of the parties in clear and unequivocal terms."

More to follow.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8340584.stm