Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

So do you lot reckon Bobby Robson should have walked away when we signed Kluivert and Butt and then sued the club for the rest of his contract? Why didn't he? Because he actually does love the club?

It's Sir Bobby Robson to you :spit:

That's what it says :spit:

Would've been more impressive if you'd edited it in your quote as well. Hey ho.

:lol:

Any answer to the question, btw?

We would probably have been far better off if Robson had taken a harder stance with the board room and got the players he wanted. On the other hand we were lucky that Fat Fred and Co. didn't let him go when he wanted to bugger off to manage England again...

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you lot reckon Bobby Robson should have walked away when we signed Kluivert and Butt and then sued the club for the rest of his contract? Why didn't he? Because he actually does love the club?

Is there a question worth answering? You're speculating about why Keegan left by speculating what Sir Bobby may have thought if you could draw a parallel between his and Keegan's situations, which you really can't. From which you conclude that Sir Bobby loved the club and Keegan doesn't.

Good luck with that one :spit:

We would probably have been far better off if Robson had taken a harder stance with the board room and got the players he wanted. On the other hand we were lucky that Fat Fred and Co. didn't let him go when he wanted to bugger off to manage England again...

My point is that Keegan didn't do this and just saw the opportunity to walk away and claim constructive dismissal. We wouldn't be in this league now if Keegan had actually put up a fight for transfer control instead of just throwing the towel (dummy) in.

his tribunal hearing is for constructive dismissal = sacked.

Legally right isn't always morally right. He could purposefully lose every game so that he gets sacked and his contract paid up and he'd be legally entitled to it, but he wouldn't deserve it. Just like he doesn't deserve 3 years wages after throwing his toys out of the pram 8 months in.

Legally right isn't always morally right. He could purposefully lose every game so that he gets sacked and his contract paid up and he'd be legally entitled to it, but he wouldn't deserve it. Just like he doesn't deserve 3 years wages after throwing his toys out of the pram 8 months in.

so you know what has been going on behind the scenes and the non disclosure?

Or just a blind, ill-informed judgement?

Keegan, bankrupt the club and wipe it off the face of the planettttt! OMGGGZZZ this will so teach that meany Ashley a lesson!! Yay! Keegster FTW!

So you're naive enough to buy Ashley's patter (which is what these leaked stories are imo) and think that (assuming he has been offered £4m already) another £4m will be the difference between the club going into administration or not? You couldn't make this shit up :lol:

Keegan, bankrupt the club and wipe it off the face of the planettttt! OMGGGZZZ this will so teach that meany Ashley a lesson!! Yay! Keegster FTW!

So you're naive enough to buy Ashley's patter (which is what these leaked stories are imo) and think that (assuming he has been offered £4m already) another £4m will be the difference between the club going into administration or not? You couldn't make this shit up :lol:

I was exaggerating, clearly.

So what was your point then?

Constructive dismissal means that the employer has behaved like a total w*nker. I can't see anything morally wrong in an employer then being entitled to his money - and that is why he gets it legally.

On the other hand an employer who totally neglects his working duties would be entitled to f*ck all in case he gets sacked because of it - morally and legally.

Actually.

That Keegan winning will have only negative effects on the club and the club cannot benefit from it in any way, shape, or form?

That Keegan winning will have only negative effects on the club and the club cannot benefit from it in any way, shape, or form?

Just repeating yourself then?

Constructive dismissal means that the employer has behaved like a total w*nker. I can't see anything morally wrong in an employer then being entitled to his money - and that is why he gets it legally.

On the other hand an employer who totally neglects his working duties would be entitled to f*ck all in case he gets sacked because of it - morally and legally.

Actually.

I can't understand this until you recongise the difference between and employer and an employee.

Just repeating yourself then?

Until it gets through :spit:

Keegan walking away now and saying keep the cash mike I love the club too much would teach Ashley that he could do what he liked. I believe personally that the future of this club will be darker if KK loses than it would if he gets £8 mill.

Keegan walking away now and saying keep the cash mike I love the club too much would teach Ashley that he could do what he liked. I believe personally that the future of this club will be darker if KK loses than it would if he gets £8 mill.

I'd go along with that. £4m is really neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. There's more at stake.

I don't think Keegan winning would 'put him in his place'. I think he's a very vindictive man, and would be a very sore loser.