Will you feel short changed?

Guest Hova

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Keegan wants the truth to come out for the good of the club. Less ridiculous than some things I've seen put forward.

The truth would benefit us how? More protests in the middle of a promotion bid?

Maybe Keegan wants the truth to come out for the good of the club. Less ridiculous than some things I've seen put forward.

By making Ashley's position untenable perhaps and forcing him to sell?

In any case, do you think it's actually better for the club if Ashley and co have behaved in an unacceptable way and that's kept away from the supporters? How does that work? The owner does what the fuck he likes and no one finds out beyond a select few? That's going to be beneficial for the club in the long run is it? I don't think so.

Inevitable and predicted;

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/20...4255161471.html

Ashley fears for Newcastle over Keegan compensation

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could be forced to put the club into administration if former boss Kevin Keegan wins a massive compensation pay-out. Some at the club fear Keegan could be awarded far in excess of the €10million which has been reported if he successfully argues his case.

That would have major financial implications for the cash-strapped club, with administration the most stark of a range of options.

Keegan’s claim for constructive dismissal, which is being heard by a Premier League independent arbitration panel, is expected to reach a conclusion tomorrow.

Should Ashley choose administration, the Magpies would lose 10 Coca-Cola Championship points, a penalty which would undermine their efforts to drag themselves back into the Premier League at the first attempt.

It is just over a year since Keegan left St James’ Park for the second time as manager amid a furious bust-up over the club’s transfer policy.

His departure came following the deadline day arrivals of striker Xisco and loan signing Ignacio Gonzalez, both allegedly without his knowledge.

His case is understood to rest on his claims that his position had become untenable, while Newcastle’s defence is that he was fully aware of the way the recruitment set-up would work under Dennis Wise, then executive director (football), and that he walked out on his contract.

The two parties met in an attempt to find a solution days later, but were unable to do so, and arbitration talks since have also proved unsuccessful.

After Keegan left, Chris Hughton, Joe Kinnear, Hughton again and Alan Shearer had spells as manager, but none of them were able to prevent relegation at the end of last season.

Ashley held talks with Shearer in the immediate aftermath of the drop to discuss the way forward, but then decided instead to put the club on the market for the second time.

But almost four months on and despite lengthy negotiations with a series of potential buyers, none has yet finalised a €110m deal to end the sportswear magnate’s ill-fated tenure.

Indeed, the spectre of the Keegan situation may well have been a factor in that with prospective owners unwilling to pick up the tab should he win his case.

The playing staff has been greatly by a summer exodus which has seen a wage bill of €80m reduced by around half, and as the club awaits developments on the Keegan front, only two loan signings — Danny Simpson and Zurab Khizanishvili — have arrived to plug the gap.

In any case, do you think it's actually better for the club if Ashley and co have behaved in an unacceptable way and that's kept away from the supporters? How does that work? The owner does what the fuck he likes and no one finds out beyond a select few? That's going to be beneficial for the club in the long run is it? I don't think so.

Do we really need the owners position to be untenable right now? Do we need a big fucking circus mid-season again?

Why not let sleeping dogs lie? The club is up for sale anyway, he wants out, so what need is there for us to know until after he has gone? So you think it's beneficial that every detail of wrongdoing is aired in public, so that the off-field problems come to the forefront again and distract the club from it's main aim, to gain promotion? Do you work for The Sun?

Edited by Hova

I'll tell you, honestly, I would love it if KK takes £8mil off Ashley, LOVE IT!

No mate, he'd take it off NUFC, NOT Ashley!

NUFC IS Ashley you tit! :lol:

No he really isn't. You massive tit :spit:

He owns the fucking club you moron! :spit:

:spit:

Do we really need the owners position to be untenable right now? Do we need a big fucking circus mid-season again?

Why not let sleeping dogs lie? The club is up for sale anyway, he wants out, so what need is there for us to know until after he has gone? So you think it's beneficial that every detail of wrongdoing is aired in public, so that the off-field problems come to the forefront again and distract the club from it's main aim, to gain promotion? Do you work for The Sun?

Nicely ignoring the rest of what I wrote which is essential my view that it's very important for the club that the truth comes out one way or the other. Even if (not that I believe it for one second) Ashley & Co. are in the right and KK is in the wrong that needs to come out because it'll hang over the club like a bad smell and there'll never be any trust until it does.

I don't believe Ashley is currently determined to sell either fwiw. Just more lies imo.

So that means he is the club? How can somebody be a club? Did he morph into one?

Nicely ignoring the rest of what I wrote which is essential my view that it's very important for the club that the truth comes out one way or the other. Even if (not that I believe it for one second) Ashley & Co. are in the right and KK is in the wrong that needs to come out because it'll hang over the club like a bad smell and there'll never be any trust until it does.

I don't believe Ashley is currently determined to sell either fwiw. Just more lies imo.

The truth isn't worth the consequences of the truth until Ashley has gone. If Keegan wants people to know the truth, he should write a book. It's all about the money.

So that means he is the club? How can somebody be a club? Did he morph into one?

Hang on a minute, you're the one saying KK is taking the club to court aren't you? By that in itself you're showing that you understand (when it suits you) that Ashley and the club are one and the same in terms of ownership etc. That's obviously a completely different thing from the wider meaning of the word which encapsulates the fans etc.

Hang on a minute, you're the one saying KK is taking the club to court aren't you? By that in itself you're showing that you understand (when it suits you) that Ashley and the club are one and the same in terms of ownership etc. That's obviously a completely different thing from the wider meaning of the word which encapsulates the fans etc.

My argument itself is that it's the club that suffer and not Ashley, and that it is the club that will have to pay, and not Ashley. Therefore suggesting that I don't class Ashley as the club.

The truth isn't worth the consequences of the truth until Ashley has gone. If Keegan wants people to know the truth, he should write a book. It's all about the money.

I was just putting it forward as one motivation. He obviously wants what he sees as justice and wants money as well because he feels he's entitled to it. It's a big risk unless he has a case though because it'll cost him solicitors' fees plus the clause about him paying Ashley if he walked. So if it was just about the money he must be one hell of a gambler. But I don't think it is.

I dont see what anyone would gain from these stories about administration? If the club loses the case and goes into administration then the stories are just true. If they lose and dont go into administration (the story is a lie) how does that benefit the club once they've lost?

Mischievous bollocks imo.

My argument itself is that it's the club that suffer and not Ashley, and that it is the club that will have to pay, and not Ashley. Therefore suggesting that I don't class Ashley as the club.

In financial terms, there's no difference.

I dont see what anyone would gain from these stories about administration? If the club loses the case and goes into administration then the stories are just true. If they lose and dont go into administration (the story is a lie) how does that benefit the club once they've lost?

They've been trying to rubbish KK's rep since he left with bollocks stories. Is this one any different?

no idea why, but the bit in bold has me chuckling like a fool.

I was just putting it forward as one motivation. He obviously wants what he sees as justice and wants money as well because he feels he's entitled to it. It's a big risk unless he has a case though because it'll cost him solicitors' fees plus the clause about him paying Ashley if he walked. So if it was just about the money he must be one hell of a gambler. But I don't think it is.

Or... he'd already taken legal advice before he walked and saw the opportunity to get his contract paid up, and took it?

They've been trying to rubbish KK's rep since he left with bollocks stories. Is this one any different?

I just dont get the scenarios at play. If KK wins and the club does go into administration, then this is not a bollocks story. If KK wins, doesnt go into administration, then its a lie. Neither of these outcomes are in way influenced by a story about administration, so it serves no upfront purpose for the club.

If KK loses, then who gives a shit. I just dont get the angle. Yes, it is more negative press for KK but to what end?

Or... he'd already taken legal advice before he walked and saw the opportunity to get his contract paid up, and took it?

If that was the case it would therefore mean that he'd been stitched up by Ashley and co., therefore being completely in the right.

I just dont get the scenarios at play. If KK wins and the club does go into administration, then this is not a bollocks story. If KK wins, doesnt go into administration, then its a lie. Neither of these outcomes are in way influenced by a story about administration, so it serves no upfront purpose for the club.

If KK loses, then who gives a shit. I just dont get the angle. Yes, it is more negative press for KK but to what end?

It's not like they've behaved in a logical manner in the past is it? Check HF's blog for the barefaced lies. I assume they hope a promotion charge or whatever will take people's minds off it until the next thing.

Thanks Alex, you hit on the irony too.... :spit:

If that was the case it would therefore mean that he'd been stitched up by Ashley and co., therefore being completely in the right.

So you'd have approved if SBR had done the same to us and Shepherd?