Harewood latest?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when he and McClen (of all people) harrassed and bullied a vastly superior Arsenal side out of the game at St James'

That game's gone down in folklore and, as such, isn't quite the way I remember it. They both played very well but, iirc, it was an FA Cup tie at home and it took a late-ish Robert equaliser to salvage a draw.

I remember when he and McClen (of all people) harrassed and bullied a vastly superior Arsenal side out of the game at St James'

That game's gone down in folklore and, as such, isn't quite the way I remember it. They both played very well but, iirc, it was an FA Cup tie at home and it took a late-ish Robert equaliser to salvage a draw.

Is that not the same one where Robert was sent off? If not then I'm mixing up Arsenal games...

Is that not the same one where Robert was sent off? If not then I'm mixing up Arsenal games...

Nope, that was a different game. I.e. when he got sent off for a 2nd yellow for encroachment and tried to decapitate Lauren by blasting the ball at him. McClen and Acuna played in an FA Cup game (I think it was the 6th round). We drew then got stuffed down there. The replay at their place was (I think) the same match when Pires got a bad injury trying to hurdle Given (went over on his ankle). I used to be relatively sober pre-match in those days :lol:

Did he score that goal with his right-foot?

Nope, that was a different game. I.e. when he got sent off for a 2nd yellow for encroachment and tried to decapitate Lauren by blasting the ball at him. McClen and Acuna played in an FA Cup game (I think it was the 6th round). We drew then got stuffed down there. The replay at their place was (I think) the same match when Pires got a bad injury trying to hurdle Given (went over on his ankle). I used to be relatively sober pre-match in those days :lol:

Carl Cort was up front for us I believe with Shearer. :spit:

Did he score that goal with his right-foot?

Aye, knock-down from Shearer (I think) and right foot shot from the edge of the box. We should have won really.

Edit: And aye, Cort was playing I think.

Edited by alex

have we ever had a more facially challenged player?

Forgive me, but Peter fuckin Beardsley? Harewood belongs in a CK commercial compared to him

His beautiful football made up for it.

Yep, I was right in front of Pires and giving him some stick as the challenge from Dabizas look harmless. He ended up missing the world cup because of it.... :spit:

The Acuna/McClen game was quite even if I recall. Arsenal were pretty dominant at that time though and they both played out of their skins versus Veiria and Petit ( I think). We all feared the worse though going into the game with the normal centre midfield missing but they did an excellent job. Shame we got buttfucked as per usual down at Highbury....

Edited by Holden McGroin

Yep, I was right in front of Pires and giving him some stick as the challenge from Dabizas look harmless. He ended up missing the world cup because of it.... :spit:

The Acuna/McClen game was quite even if I recall. Arsenal were pretty dominant at that time though and they both played out of their skins versus Veiria and Petit ( I think). We all feared the worse though going into the game with the normal centre midfield missing but they did an excellent job. Shame we got buttfucked as per usual down at Highbury....

McClen PWNED!!!! Viera over those 90minutes. His best game for the club imo