Iran has backup nuke facillity

Rob W

So Iran are a dangerous rogue state for co-operating and being completely transparent while Israel are only protecting themself from the loons and are within their right to flaunt international resolutions to keep their nuclear program secret.

Honestly, if the mainstream reporting of this wasn't so frighteningly supportive of the war mongering states it would be funnier than viz.

Thing is Isreal could currently forge themselves a serious empire in the area, as things stand.

Now reverse the roles and put Iran in that position..... would Israel then even exist?

Again, you keep going into unknowns and what if's. Israel are the major force and with every action they take in the Gaza Strip they are wiping out it's inhabitants....but your fear is that Iran might possibly take retribution if we allow them to get strong enough to make Israel think twice about it's apartheid regime.

How would you describe Iran's regime?

Back in reality Iran has been heavily chastised for following the rules and virtually nothing has been said about the Israeli refusal to abide by exactly the same rules. We continue to support the occupying army that flaunts international law and kills thousands of innocent people.

Are you saying you'd rather Iran have nuclear weapons than Israel?

Does one of those countries HAVE to proliferate? Is that the only choice?

Iran are following the rules...Israel aren't.

If you feel the outrage toward Iran is justified, would you impose sanctions? Would you attack?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Iran are a dangerous rogue state for co-operating and being completely transparent while Israel are only protecting themself from the loons and are within their right to flaunt international resolutions to keep their nuclear program secret.

Honestly, if the mainstream reporting of this wasn't so frighteningly supportive of the war mongering states it would be funnier than viz.

Thing is Isreal could currently forge themselves a serious empire in the area, as things stand.

Now reverse the roles and put Iran in that position..... would Israel then even exist?

Again, you keep going into unknowns and what if's. Israel are the major force and with every action they take in the Gaza Strip they are wiping out it's inhabitants....but your fear is that Iran might possibly take retribution if we allow them to get strong enough to make Israel think twice about it's apartheid regime.

Back in reality Iran has been heavily chastised for following the rules and virtually nothing has been said about the Israeli refusal to abide by exactly the same rules. We continue to support the occupying army that flaunts international law and kills thousands of innocent people.

If you feel the outrage toward Iran is justified, would you impose sanctions? Would you attack?

Are you saying you think Iran should have nuclear weapons?

There's a fundamental difference in keeping the status quo and changing it. Israel simply can't give up it's deterrent now, its impossible.

Israel acquired it's nuclear technology in the 60s didn't it? Sorry like, the same rules don't apply to Israel now as they do for Iran. Also I might add that so far Israel has remained a responsible nuclear power, I simply don't have that level of trust regarding the Iranian fundamentalists. I'm not saying Israel is without blame in this and it's very complicated, but I don't have any fears they're about to nuke Tehran. I'm not so sure I'd have confidence if it was the other way round though.

1979 is the reported date Israel began testing.

The same rules don't apply for Israel only because of the US backing they get in the UN as one of their biggest customers.

Israel is not a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and refuses to officially confirm or deny having a nuclear arsenal, or having developed nuclear weapons, or even having a nuclear weapons program. Israel has pledged not to be the first country to introduce nuclear weapons into the region, but is also pursuing a policy of strategic ambiguity with regard to their possession.

According to the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Federation of American Scientists, Israel possesses around 75–200 weapons.

I'm sure Iran would love to be able to bring some parity, but there's no suggestion they've attempted to yet.

Like a cornered tiger...dangerous.

and

No

Edited by Happy Face

Israel acquired it's nuclear technology in the 60s didn't it? Sorry like, the same rules don't apply to Israel now as they do for Iran. Also I might add that so far Israel has remained a responsible nuclear power, I simply don't have that level of trust regarding the Iranian fundamentalists. I'm not saying Israel is without blame in this and it's very complicated, but I don't have any fears they're about to nuke Tehran. I'm not so sure I'd have confidence if it was the other way round though.

The same rules don't apply for Israel only because of the US backing they get in the UN as one of their biggest customers.

Israel is not a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and refuses to officially confirm or deny having a nuclear arsenal, or having developed nuclear weapons, or even having a nuclear weapons program. Israel has pledged not to be the first country to introduce nuclear weapons into the region, but is also pursuing a policy of strategic ambiguity with regard to their possession.

According to the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Federation of American Scientists, Israel possesses around 75–200 weapons.

I'm sure Iran would love to be able to bring some parity, but there's no suggestion they've attempted to yet.

Erm......

I think it's safe to say there's some suggestion HF. If not, then there's no issue any way. Hurray!

So are you saying that Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons then?

Fop and Happy Face just need to have a little wrestle. Get it out your systems.

I've missed him dearly. :)

My oldest friend enjoys arguing more than debating too.

You're not called Dean are you Fop?

Is Dean a mincing body builder?

Like a cornered tiger...dangerous.

Cornered by whom? :) Their own people?

and

No

Why shouldn't Iran have nuclear weapons then?

Fop and Happy Face just need to have a little wrestle. Get it out your systems.

I've missed him dearly. :D

My oldest friend enjoys arguing more than debating too.

You're not called Dean are you Fop?

Is Dean a mincing body builder?

Yet another avenue of psychological self-defence, Fop spies. :)

Erm......

I think it's safe to say there's some suggestion HF. If not, then there's no issue any way. Hurray!

:)

The issue is the propaganda spread by the western media that Iran are about ready to let off a nuclear strike and will continue to plague the region unless action is taken. It's the total opposite of reality and similar to the lies used to justify war in Iraq.

No.

Read carefully.

The have no transparency in the nuclear program they're known to have.

Iran provide complete transparency to show they have no nuclear program.

The current outrage is misplaced given these facts.

f you feel the outrage toward Iran is justified, would you impose sanctions? Would you attack?

Er..... Chris the Natural Resources Defence Council is an eco-pressure group :) and the Federation of American Scientists estimates them having 80 (although quite what they base that on is unclear).

But given that no one really knows surely we should assume they have none until it is proven otherwise?

Erm......

The issue is the propaganda spread by the western media that Iran are about ready to let off a nuclear strike and will continue to plague the region unless action is taken. It's the total opposite of reality and similar to the lies used to justify war in Iraq.

Ahhh, I see it's all a big conspiracy and even the BBC are in on it!

If no action is taken, Iran will acquire the bomb, it will at the very least fuel a nuclear arms race in the region, and it could cause a catastrophic war. IMO.

I'm not some naive idiot who doesn't think about things critically HF, I knew the premise that Iraq has WMD was bollocks before we even invaded. This is a completely different scenario though and one that can't be overlooked.

Out of interest, what do you think are the motives for this global conspiracy against Iran?

No.

Read carefully.

The have no transparency in the nuclear program they're known to have.

Iran provide complete transparency to show they have no nuclear program.

The current outrage is misplaced given these facts.

f you feel the outrage toward Iran is justified, would you impose sanctions? Would you attack?

There's nothing concrete on what they have at all, therefore they surely should also be given the benefit of the doubt and the clearly baseless scaremongering of eco-pressure groups like the Natural Resources Defense Council should just be ignored?

And who is cornering Iran?

And why shouldn't they have nuclear weapons?

But given that no one really knows surely we should assume they have none until it is proven otherwise?

I'd be glad to...if they'd allow inspections. Their policy of non-cooperation is what suggests otherwise. Iran are cooperating.

Ahhh, I see it's all a big conspiracy and even the BBC are in on it!

If no action is taken, Iran will acquire the bomb, it will at the very least fuel a nuclear arms race in the region, and it could cause a catastrophic war. IMO.

I'm not some naive idiot who doesn't think about things critically HF, I knew the premise that Iraq has WMD was bollocks before we even invaded. This is a completely different scenario though and one that can't be overlooked.

Out of interest, what do you think are the motives for this global conspiracy against Iran?

If no action is taken then yes, I'd have thought Iran would develop the bomb too. That's why the UN impose rules that Iran comply with.

I take exception to the conspiracy tag. A conspiracy has very little fact to back it up. I'm yet to see any evidence of an Iranian plot. If anyone provides it then I'll join in the outrage.

I do know Israel are a huge customer to the US, whose power of veto at the UN does them a lot of favours.

There's nothing concrete on what they have at all, therefore they surely should also be given the benefit of the doubt and the clearly baseless scaremongering of eco-pressure groups like the Natural Resources Defense Council should just be ignored?

No country should be given the benefit of the doubt. At the moment Israel are the only nation that has a policy of non-cooperation.

The international community are cornering Iran. Just about every major nation at the General assembly gave them a warning. The war drum is banging against them.

It's generally agreed that nuclear weapons are bad. That's what the non-proliferation treaty is all about. No countries should be allowed to start or to expand nuclear programs.

I'd be glad to...if they'd allow inspections. Their policy of non-cooperation is what suggests otherwise. Iran are cooperating.

But there is no evidence, so they should surely be give the benefit of the doubt (instead of scaremongering by eco-pressure groups) in fact the Scout Association just finished a report which said Israel had no nuclear weapons at all. :lol:

No country should be given the benefit of the doubt. At the moment Israel are the only nation that has a policy of non-cooperation.

The international community are cornering Iran. Just about every major nation at the General assembly gave them a warning. The war drum is banging against them.

It's generally agreed that nuclear weapons are bad. That's what the non-proliferation treaty is all about. No countries should be allowed to start or to expand nuclear programs.

So if Iran shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt what should be done if they don't cooperate?

And how should they be stopped from starting their nuclear program?

Also why build it underground? It is expensive to do and has no real benefit other than secrecy?

Iran is bound by an IAEA agreement to disclose new nuclear sites when construction begins. But Iran declared in March 2007 that it rejected that IAEA requirement.
:lol: