Well Done Toon Army!

Rusty Sealegs

Good evening Newcastle Fans, Ipswich fan here.

Just logged on to say a huge well done to your support at Portman Road today. Throughout the Town Newcastle fans came together in a show of commaradarie so rarely seen in football. I myself got talking to loads of the Toon Army today, all of whom were delighted at be there and were looking forward to the days various events and showpieces. Having swapped scarfs and stories with some jolly geordies, i must say im looking forward to my first trip to St james Park immensly.

The Newcastle fans made lots of noise and showed tremendous respect. The mood was always lighthearted, and although from our point of view the game was a disaster, the atmosphere was electric. With both sets of fans singing from the same songbook, today was an awe inspiring show of our mutual love of the great man, Sir Bobby Robson. When "My Way" reverborated through the stands, and all around the ground at half time it gave me goosebumps, it was just sensational.

Anyways, without harping on too much, just want to say again, well done to the travelling Newcastle fans for being terrific. There are no doubts in my mind you're going straight back up, you completely swept us aside today. Will upload some pics when i get a spare moment

I thought the Ipswich fans were very respectful throughout and the overall event displayed a class that is rarely seen in football. It was a great tribute to a fine man, and it would have been the result Sir Bobby Robson would have wanted.

Either way a great day for English football and both sets of fans were great.

Glad to hear our fans did us proud today. I wasn't able to go but it was fantastic to see both sets of fans standing side by side at HT in memory of Sir Bobby, regardless of the score. Both are a credit to the world of football.

I've always had a soft spot for Ipswich, just a shame you're managed by a monumental arsehole at the minute.

I thought the Ipswich fans were very respectful throughout and the overall event displayed a class that is rarely seen in football. It was a great tribute to a fine man, and it would have been the result Sir Bobby Robson would have wanted.

Either way a great day for English football and both sets of fans were great.

What he said!

Was a great atmosphere and a great tribute to mr football.

Sure I heard the Ipswich fans singing "Sack Bobby Robson, you never sack Bobby Robson", or was I just hearing things?

I thought it was "You went and sacked Bobby Robson". Either way, I was a little bit disappointed by it. It shouldn't have happened, but then that's something we all know, and it wasn't us who did it, it was Shepherd. I didn't think it was what the day was supposed to be about. There were two clubs that Bobby Robson cared about/loved deeply, and the two clubs where he was revered the most. I thought it slightly tainted it. I just thought it was a cheap shot aimed at people who themselves were disgusted by his sacking.

But that was just a very small part. That aside, I thought both sets of fans were great, and Ipswich as a club seemed to have done a terrific job organising the day.

I know his achievements in terms of cups were greater at Ipswich, but the way he turned us around and had us playing was also a great achievement, and as a lifelong supporter, a man from the North East, proud and passionate about the North East - I think he should have a stand here too. He could have the East Stand, or, if the club are determined not to use the name 'Gallowgate' now that its the South Stand rather than the Exhibition - give him that.

Personally, again, if 'Leazes' is not to be used, strip John Hall of the stand he named after himself and give it to Bobby.

Sure I heard the Ipswich fans singing "Sack Bobby Robson, you never sack Bobby Robson", or was I just hearing things?

I thought it was "You went and sacked Bobby Robson". Either way, I was a little bit disappointed by it. It shouldn't have happened, but then that's something we all know, and it wasn't us who did it, it was Shepherd. I didn't think it was what the day was supposed to be about. There were two clubs that Bobby Robson cared about/loved deeply, and the two clubs where he was revered the most. I thought it slightly tainted it. I just thought it was a cheap shot aimed at people who themselves were disgusted by his sacking.

But that was just a very small part. That aside, I thought both sets of fans were great, and Ipswich as a club seemed to have done a terrific job organising the day.

I know his achievements in terms of cups were greater at Ipswich, but the way he turned us around and had us playing was also a great achievement, and as a lifelong supporter, a man from the North East, proud and passionate about the North East - I think he should have a stand here too. He could have the East Stand, or, if the club are determined not to use the name 'Gallowgate' now that its the South Stand rather than the Exhibition - give him that.

Personally, again, if 'Leazes' is not to be used, strip John Hall of the stand he named after himself and give it to Bobby.

I don't think it should be a stand. If it were a stand it'd cheapen the sentiment for both sets of fans. There should definitely be something... call the youth system the Sir Bobby Robson academy, or something... recognising his faith in home grown talent.

Once again I have to object to this. He was a great man a brilliant ambassador for football. He did very well when at Newcastle and loved the club.

Joe Harvey did more though and it is he who should have a stand named after him first :)

Just noticed chrissie trees post sorry

Edited by bobbyshinton

Theres a bust of Sir Bob in the foyer of the player's entrance (the old milburn entrance).......hes still keeping a wary eye on all who come and go at the club.....

Joe Harvey should be recognised in some way pubicly at the ground.....it shows the Westwood, Seymour and Mckeag regimes in an even worse light than what they are seen at the moment....they mustve made millions on the back of what Joe did for the club...it was never spent on players or the ground....until we sold Pedro that is :)

I wasn't pleased to see Ashley beside Sir Bobby's bust. I felt like he was tarnishing the great man by sitting near it.

You must have good eyes to see someones face from 150 yards away.

I wasn't pleased to see Ashley beside Sir Bobby's bust. I felt like he was tarnishing the great man by sitting near it.

You must have good eyes to see someones face from 150 yards away.

:) christ you're obsessed man. You're telling me, at no point did you think I could have seen the highlights? Even though in my earlier post I mentioned watching them? I watched the game, pretty much, in it's entirety when I got back from Ipswich (I skipped the first 25 minutes or so).

You're making a fool of yourself again Stevie