Premiership side?

Deano

I know iv done a few posts about our starting line-up recently but the more i think of it the more i think when we go back up we will be so much better for it.

United as a team and all fighting for the cause.

When you look at our strongest line up (not squad), in all areas we are strong.

Harper in goal with Krul as back up.

Both flanks look tidy...Simpson and Raylor are good going forward and in defence, Raylor getting better with each game and the fact he has chipped in with e few goals and assists is a bonus, Simpson providing support and bombing overlaps.

Enrique and Jonas had build a very good understanding before the latter got injured, i think if Jonas can add a final ball to his game we will be VERY strong on either flank. That being said Jonas's ability to run at defenders is a dangerous weapon too.

Centre midfield we have Nolan, Guthrie and Smith all industrious and can pick a pass but Guthrie being the most creative out of the three.

Central defence Saylor and Colo have build a good understanding and can only get better together.

Upfront we have Ameobi, Carroll, Ranger, Lovenkrands and Harewood all of which are good in there own way though i personally think our best strike force would be Carroll and Harewood and id let Lovenkrands go.

Obviously that is just the starting 11 and we need a bigger and stronger squad, probably another RB,CB,LB, RW, LW, ACM, ST needed to bolster the squad.

---Harper---

--Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique--

--R.Taylor---Guthrie---Smith---Jonas--

------Carroll---Harewood------

Definatly a premiership starting 11 imo.

:)

You not agree?

Besty will love this! :(

Where is he these days anyways?

:D

We'd definately be relegated if we kept that team next year tbf, would hate to see who you'd bring in as back-up to that. :D

Yes we have had a good start this season, yes we look strong against a lower class league but no i am not blinded by that fact.

We went down last year because certain players had no passion, no fight and more importantly no confidence. By the time AS came in the damage was done and it was irrepairable.

Being relegated has given us a chance to shift the players on who didnt have the heart or the passion to fight for this club and we are better off without them. The players we are left with are the ones who will fight for the cause, who will take the team spirit and battling attitude back into the PL.

The squad is not good enough no but that starting line up is in my opinion, we are not going to be pushing top half with that i agree but certainly not relegation material.

Upfront is probably the area we would need improvement the most, a 20 goal a season man but they are hard come by.

Bringing players in to bolster/better the squad is always a tall order as there is little quality availabe and if there is we are up against a host of other sides for the signing.

So we would be relying on older players or the extreme opersite in young promising lads.

Joe Ledley, Skjelbred, M.Johnson, Upson and alike are the types of players we SHOULD be looking at when we go up but we will be up against it.

Although I can agree that there is a long way to go I can see where GL is coming from. We have got premiership quality in the team and with the right management and some passion/belief from the players we should be finishing above teams like Hull, Wolves, Birmingham, Burnley, Bolton and Portsmouth. We might not pull up trees but I certainly reckon we'd survive.

Although I can agree that there is a long way to go I can see where GL is coming from. We have got premiership quality in the team and with the right management and some passion/belief from the players we should be finishing above teams like Hull, Wolves, Birmingham, Burnley, Bolton and Portsmouth. We might not pull up trees but I certainly reckon we'd survive.

Hallelulagh! We might be better than Bolton, etc! :)

Premiership survival nowadays isnt because of the players although its a huge factor, otherwise wed have been nowhere near relegation if it was that, depends on the manager and team spirit. Take a look at Stoke, and most likely Burnley this year.

I know iv done a few posts about our starting line-up recently but the more i think of it the more i think when we go back up we will be so much better for it.

Both flanks look tidy...Simpson and Raylor are good going forward and in defence, Raylor getting better with each game and the fact he has chipped in with e few goals and assists is a bonus, Simpson providing support and bombing overlaps.

Enrique and Jonas had build a very good understanding before the latter got injured, i think if Jonas can add a final ball to his game we will be VERY strong on either flank. That being said Jonas's ability to run at defenders is a dangerous weapon too.

Centre midfield we have Nolan, Guthrie and Smith all industrious and can pick a pass but Guthrie being the most creative out of the three.

Central defence Saylor and Colo have build a good understanding and can only get better together.

Upfront we have Ameobi, Carroll, Ranger, Lovenkrands and Harewood all of which are good in there own way though i personally think our best strike force would be Carroll and Harewood and id let Lovenkrands go.

Obviously that is just the starting 11 and we need a bigger and stronger squad, probably another RB,CB,LB, RW, LW, ACM, ST needed to bolster the squad.

---Harper---

The ones in bold are good enough to be starting in the premiership.

Knee-Jerk-Tastic.

This team might well be good enough to go up, they certainly should make the playoffs at least but if we do make it back the best we could possibly hope for with this side would be a relegation scrap. Serious and clever investment would be required for anything better.

For me, the only true premier quality players we have are Harper, Enrique, STaylor, and potentially the likes of Carroll, Guthrie, Krul etc as well as Barton if he could recapture his Man City form and stay out of trouble.

As well as Smith, Nolan and Shola have played this season they would struggle with the pace of the premiership and the more tecnichally gifted opposition they would face while Collocini and Jonas are not well suited to English football.

Edited by TicTacWoe

---Harper---

The ones in bold are good enough to be starting in the premiership.

Colo-fucking-ccini? You sure?

our first eleven is a very good championship side. that doesn't mean they're premership class all of a sudden. more a case of showing how big a gulf there is between the two divisions. that same group of players weren't good enough in the top flight last year and if we do bounce straight bacl, we would need many new additions.

Simpson, Raylor, Smith, Butt, Geremi, and Shola have shown they aren't of a good enough standard to play in the PL.

Enrique, Jonas, Saylor and Harper are probably our only decent PL level players-even then those 3 are by no means fantasic quality.

Carroll, Ranger and Collo are yet to prove they can play at that level too. Nolan has been poor in that league for several years but would be hopefully ok if we got up. Guthrie and Barton haven't looked great for us either and Barton has probably been available for selection for us less than Marcelino.

If we go up, it would take huge investment to even not be humiliated. I still would fancy Burnley/Hull/Pompey to beat our current team.

Why are we looking at this, we have a big if to overcome.

If we do go up IMO, with the same ownership and no further investment in playing staff we will not be good enough to sustain a position in the PL.

Assley would be happy with that, money for getting promoted and parachute payment for relegation, not much of an impact on the terraces, what more could he want.

The thing that takes the edge off the games so far this season for me is that I think it'll only encourage the fat cunt to hang around longer which can only be a bad thing for the club. Agree with Sima as well.

The thing that takes the edge off the games so far this season for me is that I think it'll only encourage the fat cunt to hang around longer which can only be a bad thing for the club.

If he hangs on to us then we're really fucked. For a full PL season we need massive investment and that's obviously not going to come from him.